Replacement Cooler Fan

So, I need to get a new fan for my cpu cooler cause it randomly makes the worst of noises, what sort of fan should I be looking at? I have a Hyper 212 Plus, so I need a 120x120x25 one but there're a ton of fans and I can't really tell the difference between them. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

PS. I'm from England so newegg links aren't very nice. :<

Coolermaster Blademaster, it's what comes with the 212, it's a darn good fan.

Quote Originally Posted by k0smo View Post
    Coolermaster Blademaster, it's what comes with the 212, it's a darn good fan.
    What about this one? http://www.scan.co.uk/products/120mm...rol-notches%29

Would that fit on? There's a ton of little things that come with it, not sure if I need them or not.

I think any 120mm fan will work, as long as the brackets for the 212 can screw on no problem. I think you would be fine with that fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    What about this one? http://www.scan.co.uk/products/120mm...rol-notches%29

Would that fit on? There's a ton of little things that come with it, not sure if I need them or not.
    I use two of these fans on my Hyper 212+.

That said, if your cooler's fins are more dense than the Hyper 212+, then the Noctua NF-P12 fans are NOT a good idea, as they just don't have the static pressure to push or pull air through more dense coolers. They work fine for the Hyper 212+, but that's because the fins are rather far apart, so CFM overtakes static pressure.

Something like the Gentle Typhoon AP-15 or the Yate Loon D12SH-12 (though I'm not sure of the quality of this seller of Yate Loons, might want to research the best seller for them) would do you justice.

Edit: I just actually read your post and you're using the Hyper 212+. The Noctua fans are great, but very expensive. With that, though, I also recommend the fan that comes with it, the Cooler Master Blade Master (holy crap, these are expensive on Amazon's UK site... only site I could find that sells them in the UK, though)
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-09-26 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Noctua is great, but as Cantii said, the Yate Loon's are beautiful, if you're willing to spend a bit for a good fan. The issue with Yate Loon's (to specify what he said) is that people are so satisfied with Yate Loons that other companies are actually throwing the stickers on any old fan, so you're not getting what you paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    That Noctua is great, but as Cantii said, the Yate Loon's are beautiful, if you're willing to spend a bit for a good fan. The issue with Yate Loon's (to specify what he said) is that people are so satisfied with Yate Loons that other companies are actually throwing the stickers on any old fan, so you're not getting what you paid for.
    The great thing about Yate Loons is that they are cheap. So very cheap for such a high performing fan. Also, to add to what you said, Yate Loon is a manufacturer, not a brand, so companies that sell Yate Loons essentially vie for the pick of the litter, so even though you find a site that sells them, it may or may not be the best quality. That said, the only place I know of that sells 100% quality Yate Loons is Petra's Tech Shop. You can contact them for International shipping quotes, too.

To further expand on what I've stated, there have been tests done on a variety of Yate Loon D12SH-12 (The High Speed fan) from various shops, and the results are pretty staggering. Here's a link: http://www.overclock.net/air-cooling...-round-up.html

Sidewinders, Petra's and Danger Den are the only ones who really sell the real thing, afaik.

Edit: Danger Den and SideWinders both ship internationally I say go for the Yate Loons. I've actually settled on a pair, since they're just so damn inexpensive and good.
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-09-26 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My apologies. I saw 4 Euros and overestimated the price difference. (A little rusty here. x3)

10+ Year Old Account
    No Yate Loons exist in my country >_> otherwise I'd be rocking mostly those now in my case.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    No Yate Loons exist in my country >_> otherwise I'd be rocking mostly those now in my case.
    Yeah, I suppose it would defeat the purpose to pay extra to import them. x3