Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    word.

thanks a lot doods

Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    Fairly certain H VPLC is better than SoW now given recent changes
    That trinket had no effect for dps in the upcoming patch since it already halved the amount in arcane spells in live
    "Shard of Woe (Heroic trinket) now reduces the base mana cost of spells by 205, with the exception of Holy and Nature spells -- the base mana cost of Holy and Nature spells remains reduced by 405 with this trinket. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389"

unless they will cut that in half also for arcane then it will be not worth.. but at current state it is pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    That trinket had no effect for dps in the upcoming patch since it already halved the amount in arcane spells in live
    "Shard of Woe (Heroic trinket) now reduces the base mana cost of spells by 205, with the exception of Holy and Nature spells -- the base mana cost of Holy and Nature spells remains reduced by 405 with this trinket. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389"

unless they will cut that in half also for arcane then it will be not worth.. but at current state it is pretty good!
    Pretty sure that's just a tooltip correction.

afaik they nerfed SoW back Feb or something

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a quick question regarding trinkets : I have been duoing MWC and ROZ for months now ( I have nothing better .. ). I gradualy got enough gear to outdo the hit that RoZ gave me ( by reforging crit ). I changed it to necromantic focus ( i am arcan spec ) because i figured that 384 int is better than 350 crit + on use effect.

The only other trinket i have is stump of time, and every week i'm waiting for VPLC ( i'm the next one the list ) but is hasn't dropped in 7 timers

Do you think i did wrong ? Should i keep RoZ and reforge mastery insted ?

Thank you for your advice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post

I was talking about the buff they added for the VPLC, not the recent SoW nerfs which dont effect us.

---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    I have a quick question regarding trinkets : I have been duoing MWC and ROZ for months now ( I have nothing better .. ). I gradualy got enough gear to outdo the hit that RoZ gave me ( by reforging crit ). I changed it to necromantic focus ( i am arcan spec ) because i figured that 384 int is better than 350 crit + on use effect.

The only other trinket i have is stump of time, and every week i'm waiting for VPLC ( i'm the next one the list ) but is hasn't dropped in 7 timers

Do you think i did wrong ? Should i keep RoZ and reforge mastery insted ?

Thank you for your advice
    Keep RoZ and MWC, Reforge to mastery on the rune. Although I would consider getting the DMC:V if I were you

10+ Year Old Account
    With 390 ilvl I figured : Fuck it, i'll go frost, and for now it's been ok; in any case, thank you for your advice Nicc, i'll go back arcane whenever i get VPLC or when 4.3 comes out

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    o.O Que? Start your pulls with a hard cast FFB and you'll have 100% uptime if you'e under 4-piece T12. The trinket models at 95%+ uptime in SimCraft for Frost, so it's pretty nifty
    Just weighing in on this. Pre-4pT12, 89% uptime on my last Baleroc kill. Could be luck, but it's a great trinket regardless. Don't have much single target proof, as this is the first week I've had it. Simmed out about the same as DMC:V did before 4p.

Deleted
    how is NMF good for arcane? periodic spell dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Speekan View Post
    how is NMF good for arcane? periodic spell dmg?
    It's not... at all. Only the raw int is there, thus it's not on the Arcane List.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

H Bell of Enraging Resonance doesn't even rank in the top 5 for fire?? I was under the assumption it is still a very good trinket for fire and should be pretty high up on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycruise View Post
    H Bell of Enraging Resonance doesn't even rank in the top 5 for fire?? I was under the assumption it is still a very good trinket for fire and should be pretty high up on the list.
    Simple answer, no intellect.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

my three choices for trinkets on my Arc mage are

DMC:vol - Alch trinket - or ilvl 365 mithril stopwatch......having a hard time here on which ones to use

I have the following trinkets to choose from: VPLC, MWC, DMC:V, RoZ. what i usually use is VPLC and MWC, but some say DMC:V is better on some fights (Baleroc?) i personally like the static int and 'on use' mastery, and i have good experience with that trinket combo. SoW is so far only a dream, my guild is not at the required skill-level yet.
    Edit: spec is arcane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zombear View Post
    I have the following trinkets to choose from: VPLC, MWC, DMC:V, RoZ. what i usually use is VPLC and MWC, but some say DMC:V is better on some fights (Baleroc?) i personally like the static int and 'on use' mastery, and i have good experience with that trinket combo. SoW is so far only a dream, my guild is not at the required skill-level yet.
    Edit: spec is arcane
    Never, ever RoZ. DMC:V and MWC are pretty close. For me DMC:V always simmed better but I'm an engineer and I believe for non-engs MWC can be slightly better. Its pretty close though, and I'd recommend that you sim your own personal gear with each to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blitz/advanced

For frost, Rune of Zeth vs DMC:V, the crit off Zeth gets me to the crit cap (my raid lacks the 5% crit debuff). How do these 2 compare?

I have MWC DMCV and no Tier 12 4 piece nor tier 11 4 piece. Do you recommend using MWC during burn or conservative? I've been using it during conservative because I did see math showing it was better for conservative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I have MWC DMCV and no Tier 12 4 piece nor tier 11 4 piece. Do you recommend using MWC during burn or conservative? I've been using it during conservative because I did see math showing it was better for conservative.
    burn phase. don't trust everything you read

Just wondering, for a Arcane Mage with 4P T11, with access to DMC:V, MWC, Normal TM, RoZ. Would I be correct in thinking MWC and
    Normal TM? That's what I have been using so far, but I have heard rumors RoZ might be better than Normal TM?

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    Just wondering, for a Arcane Mage with 4P T11, with access to DMC:V, MWC, Normal TM, RoZ. Would I be correct in thinking MWC and
    Normal TM? That's what I have been using so far, but I have heard rumors RoZ might be better than Normal TM?
    DMC:V+MWC
    10char
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Hi guys, I'm arcane mage and I recently got Theralion's Mirror heroic and i need to chose between MWC and normal VPLC as a second trinket. I know that heroic VPLC is BiS but i don't know where the normal version stands. I see that here VPLC is rated as better than MWC but i don't think its 100% accurate. I also don't think that normal VPLC is better than heroic TM, just because it has higher ilvl.

When TM procs and i pop MWC the mastery stacks, but TM's procs are too random (it even procs from pollymorph) to have both trinkets up at the same time. On the other hand VPLC grants 76 more intellect than MWC, so the question is whether 1700 mastery every 2 minutes its better (or not) than +76 permanent int. What do you guys think?