Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ... and yet more evidence why Mr. Robot is a horrible, horrible tool for theorycrafting. Rawr is tolerable, Simcraft is greatly preferred.

Beside, Zenith. Shoulda just asked me on Real ID. =P

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

You weren't online! :P

Was just curious what the Optimum trinkets were on Alysrazor. I have every trinket available and was thinking of using Moonwell Chalice and Necromantic Focus this week. I had been using Moonwell Chalice and Theralion's Mirror or VPLC. I have the heroic versions of all of these if that information helps.

MWC is the best trinket hands down on Alys. The second is a tossup between DMC:V and H: TM. The mirror is GREAT if you get it to proc as you're stacking ignite, but if it doesn't it's a waste of a slot. What makes that harder is the long ICD on it. Volcano on the other hand is really easy to get to proc if you don't dps during the tornado phase, it's almost guaranteed to proc immediately at the start of the burn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    ... and yet more evidence why Mr. Robot is a horrible, horrible tool for theorycrafting. Rawr is tolerable, Simcraft is greatly preferred.

Beside, Zenith. Shoulda just asked me on Real ID. =P
    Or you could get in god damned IRC once in a while. Ass monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Or you could get in god damned IRC once in a while. Ass monkey.
    Tonsillitis + pneumonia at the same time suck, mkay? Either way I'll be on later tonight - the health shit, switching servers/faction and the recent snow have made my schedule absolutely insane.

OT: Moonwell Chalice and DMC:V for Aly. VPLC isn't absolutely terrible but the limitation to PPS (procs per second) make it less powerful on such a fight. H:TM if you can get it to proc will outweigh DMC:V, but getting the procs to line up is worse than playing craps... so stick with the two reliable trinkets that will build you the biggest most reliable ignite.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.

I've gotten better results using MWC + H NF on Alys. Just my 5 cents though, maybe I'm simply not being lucky with volcano procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Nice thread tbh

Deleted
    Think you could add a section to the OP for Alysrazor? ^^

Save on repeatedly answering the same question I guess, plus it's useful for reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see how necromantic focus is a good trinket option for frost, frost doesnt have any dots does it? Surely i've missed something because there seems noone else asking this question :P

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    I'm curious as to see some maths as for MVC vs heroic TM for engineers. I've widely read that for an engineer, heroic TM is always better, but haven't been able to find any proof of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    I fail to see how necromantic focus is a good trinket option for frost, frost doesnt have any dots does it? Surely i've missed something because there seems noone else asking this question :P
    w/ 4T12, you proc brain freeze enough that FFB dot has enough uptime to make it a BiS trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, totally forgot about that Thanks for the insight =)

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

I am in a bit of a pickle, and am in need of some advise. I apologize, as this is more than likely incredibly repetitive.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eelea/advanced

I currently use DMC:V and the Bell off the Blind dragon. I have yet to have the mirror drop off V&T (Sad, huh?), and am an engineer.
    The other trinkets I could use would be Soul Casket, Rune of Zeth, and MWC. I was told by the beginning post that Engineering+MWC = Bad (Due to the cd cruddiness). I was also told the soul casket is bad. Moreover, if MWC is bad, that leads me to believe the Rune is bad, too.

Thoughts? :|

MWC is fine with engineering. It's not *as* amazing, but it's better than using a trash trinket like bell.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    MWC is fine with engineering. It's not *as* amazing, but it's better than using a trash trinket like bell.
    So how would that work? I suppose using the MWC on use during the beginnings of lust/burn phase, followed shortly after by the engineering glove tinker? Or..?

Quote Originally Posted by keelea View Post
    So how would that work? I suppose using the MWC on use during the beginnings of lust/burn phase, followed shortly after by the engineering glove tinker? Or..?
    The bell is garbage... MWC just isn't as optimal w/ an engineer as it is a non-engineer... but the raw int on Chalice alone is greatly superior to bell. Pop Engi tinker w/ CD macro then Chalice when off /use Cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by keelea View Post
    Personally I just pop chalice with gem/ap since it's on a 2 min cd, and used synapse springs blindly macroed into AB.

It might be slightly more optimal (and twice as annoying) to use synapse and then Gem + AP, and have chalice macroed to go off after the tinker expires. Essentially use both on cooldown, always stacking one with your AP + Gem.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

ok so this was maybe answered i dident want to read threw all the pages
    right now i am a tailor/eng.
    the trinkets i have are VLC/MWC/DMC/normal TM.

what would be the best dps? i heard that if your eng use vlc and dmc but i can go any other prof. if needed to up my damage.
    i was thinking bout going tailor/JC and keep vlc and mwc

what do u think? if u wana see my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inkbuny/simple

First off, keep Engineering, and drop Tailoring for Jewelcrafting if you want to min/max. I gained 178 DPS by dropping tailoring for JC about 2 weeks ago - I did napkin math quickly when they nerfed the ICD from 45s to 60s, but apparently I was off... way off. Finally reran the numbers and 4 seperate 250k iteration sims (2 each for JC and Tailoring) averaging out to a nearly 180 DPS gain.

As for trinkets, if you're working Heroic Rag definitely go with VPLC and MWC... you want the MWC CD for P3. Other fights, DMC:V and MWC are going to be about equal so that's personal preference and would vary on your specific raid assignments.