Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They could always trademark it using a numbered holding company or something not directly related to Blizzard and no one would ever link the two together. Just because there isn't a leaked product name (other than MoP) doesn't mean nothing else exists.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Derp. Blizzard is obviously not going to use a name for an expansion if someone else trademarks it. If something like what you said happened, blizzard would change the name of the expansion.

Catacylsm was originally called Worldbreaker, you know. Also, the WotLK trademark was a few days before blizzcon 07, there is still a slight chance MoP is NOT the next expansion.

Personally, while I hope it isnt, im pretty sure that it is at this point.
    MoP is something. Either the expansion or Warcraft 4. Blizz said they have yet to discuss a WC4, so it's the expansion.
    I posted that first page.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Again, this is just to share some insight into a process few of us have any knowledge of and I think some people are collectively jumping to some big conclusions with very little evidence. Just because you've seen a trademark filing doesn't mean you personally know, 100%, without a doubt, exactly what Blizzard is doing, try and temper yourself just a bit. It is true that previous expansions had similar filings but so did Wings Of Liberty and that was a whole new game, which is my point. This filing is inclusive of many things but not all of those (CD-ROMS which were pointed out specifically) are actually going to happen. SOMETHING will happen, but not a single one of those options is guaranteed. I agree that this is not a joke filing as I am told it is indeed quite expensive (for the attorney fees alone) to file for a trademark.

One good point that was made was about making the filing before someone else does, Bioware for example. Here's the thing about that. Bioware would have to PROVE, with materials in-hand to a judge that they or anyone else was actually intending to use whatever name that the expansion finally has. Sure, they could commit some kind of corporate espionage and file first, but it would do them no good as Blizzard could easily get a court order to halt the use of the name and then demonstrate that they have all the necessary documentation and developed material to prove that they have rights to that claim. And I'm pretty sure none of the smaller companies want to spend what little money they have to fight Blizzard in court.

I honestly think the Cata leaks really freaked Blizz out and they are going to play it as close to the chest as they can and attempt a total blackout as close to Blizzcon as possible. Which c'mon, they wouldn't only be doing this to protect themselves but give us a real surprise at Blizzcon. The attorneys could have that paperwork completed well in advance and could file at any time, not saying necessarily that they WILL just that they CAN. Collectively we sometimes get these bread crumbs of knowledge and covet them without listening to any other voice. Try to look at the bigger picture, this just may not be what you think. I'm sure those of us who want to will be monitoring the patent filing website but yes, in the end, it is all academic and we will indeed know soon.

Ok so these threads are still popping up... What we basically know is that it IS a game, that much we can't deny given the info on the TM, but since many people are still in denial, let's just propose crazy stuff like candy bars, plushies and panda-shaped tampons! ok next one!

10+ Year Old Account
    The evidence is quite compelling that it is the next expansion. The lawyer friend didn't really give a yes or no to the question "is it the next expansion". He kinda just went over the filling, and we didn't really gain any new knowledge.

It's a month away, with no other trademarks. This has happened a couple times before with cats and wrath. I really think people are in denial because they want to be. They like going against the grain. Makes them feel good about their existance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm was not originally called "Worldbreaker", not in anything I've seen. Before it was officially named it was "WoWx3", as seen in all the concept artwork. Worldbreaker was the name of a TCG expansion set, if that's what the person is thinking.

Also, the Wrath of the Lich King trademark filing was July 28th.
    The Mists of Pandaria trademark filing was...? Yes, July 28th.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it too much of a coincidence that Wrath of the Lich King and Mists of Pandaria were filed for Trademark on the same exact date a few years apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandafags: You have no proof
    Anti Pandas: You have no proof

NOTHING IS OFFICAL.NOTHING HAS BEEN STATED DIRECTLY FROM BLIZZARD. Stop this senseless bullshit and wait for blizzcon. Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sapit View Post
    Although HIGHLY unlikely, imagine if they MoP was a WC3 expansion?
    Or Warcraft 4. As they have registered Warcrafts 1-1000 already I bet. All they need is to register the title of it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Pandafags: You have no proof
    Anti Pandas: You have no proof

NOTHING IS OFFICAL.NOTHING HAS BEEN STATED DIRECTLY FROM BLIZZARD. Stop this senseless bullshit and wait for blizzcon. Christ.
    damn, the fun police arrived

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    People are still in denial??? Good grief.
    Comments like these are hilarious. There is no confirmation at all on Mists of Pandaria being an expansion, so of course people are still "in denial".

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Mists of Pandaria is going to be some new flavored soda related to WoW and pandas.
    No, that would be Sierra Mist of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerkerfury View Post
    Why title it "Mists of Panderia" and piss off half your player base when you can have the same exact content and call it "Vengeance of the Gods" or some such and make it sound, well, a little more dangerous as is their pattern.
    No matter what they title it, they're going to piss off half their player base. The funny part is, the pissed off portion of the playerbase has nothing but a name and are already refusing to even hear the damned thing out.
    Last edited by Imadraenei; 2011-09-27 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Missing pronouns make me sound like an ESL speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Comments like these are hilarious. There is no confirmation at all on Mists of Pandaria being an expansion, so of course people are still "in denial".
    Thank god someone with some common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Thank god someone with some common sense.
    Irony, I don't really care what you guys have to say about me and my belief in this OBVIOUSLY being the next xpac but I just can't wait for them to announce it and then shun all the nay sayers that ARE in denial because they don't want it to be the x-pac even though there's a 99% chance that it will be.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Irony, I don't really care what you guys have to say about me and my belief in this OBVIOUSLY being the next xpac but I just can't wait for them to announce it and then shun all the nay sayers that ARE in denial because they don't want it to be the x-pac even though there's a 99% chance that it will be.
    Myself, and others aren't saying it's not going to happen. What I'm saying is, there's no reason to get on peoples case and convince yourself that it really is going to happen until there's an absolute proof from Blizzard saying that Mists of Pandaria is going to be the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

OBVIOUSLY it is...except until it's said by Blizzard what it is, it's just a trademark. Squaresoft (pre-Squeenix) trademarked "Chrono Break" once. Generated a shit-ton of buzz. Guess what it was? Nothing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Myself, and others aren't saying it's not going to happen. What I'm saying is, there's no reason to get on peoples case and convince yourself that it really is going to happen until there's an absolute proof from Blizzard saying that Mists of Pandaria is going to be the next expansion.
    Except I've seen you denying it happening in other threads so.....yeah.

And to Imadraenei, trademarking an expansion that they are due to announce in a couple of months and trademarking a random video game are in my eyes, two totally different things.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Also, the Wrath of the Lich King trademark filing was July 28th.
    The Mists of Pandaria trademark filing was...? Yes, July 28th.
    blizzcon 2007, august 3rd, 6 days before blizzcon, wrath got it's trademark
    blizzcon 2011, oct 21st, 86 days before blizzcon

considering their 6 day notice on wrath, MoP might not be the next expansion. i personally believe it is, even though i think panda's are stupid and i'm hoping it's not, but at the moment, it's the only clue as to what we can expect from the next expansion. i hope that they trademark something else within the next 2-3 weeks... so this stupid panda world doesn't have to happen :3

And to Imadraenei, trademarking an expansion that they are due to announce in a couple of months and trademarking a random video game are in my eyes, two totally different things.
    It was theorized to be the third installment in a highly coveted series given the name, not just a random video game. We're not talking Call of Duty 7 here, it was news more along the lines of what Warcraft 4 might mean.