Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    did they say why somewhere? coz in one of them interviews not long ago Wilson said they're actually ahead of schedule.

We waited so much, i think we can wait a couple of months more.
    It will help just polish the game more, and it's something i appreciate. It's not like WoW where they are rushing patches to keep the subscription up (hi 4.1).

Give me beta!
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    did they say why somewhere? coz in one of them interviews not long ago Wilson said they're actually ahead of schedule.
    Yeah this came out not too long ago:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We commonly use the term “soon” when referring to Blizzard releases, because we know that no matter how hard we’re working to reach a target, we’re not going to compromise and launch a game before it’s ready. For Diablo III, we were aiming to launch by the end of 2011. As we’re announcing globally today, our new target for the game is early 2012.

While this news might not be a complete surprise, I know that many of you were hopeful that Diablo III would ship this year. We were too. However, this week we pulled together people from all of the teams involved with the game to decide whether we felt it would be ready before the end of December, and we grudgingly came to the conclusion that it would not. Ultimately, we feel that to deliver an awesome Diablo sequel that lives up to our expectations and yours as well, we should take a little more time and add further polish to a few different elements of the game.

The upside of today’s announcement is that we will be running the beta test longer than we initially planned, which will allow us to invite more of you who have opted in.

For those taking on the Diableard challenge, we salute you -- and now fear for your well-being and personal hygiene. We hereby issue an official reprieve to all Diableard participants, including Blizzard employees, if you want to trim or otherwise manage the lower half of your face. We’d still love to see your beardly achievements, and we look forward to seeing more of your efforts as we move into 2012, but not to the detriment of your workplaces and significant others.

Thank you everyone for your support and anticipation for Diablo III. We’re still moving ahead at full pace, and we’ll be keeping you fully informed of any news and developments here at Diablo3.com, including the specific release date when the time comes, so stay tuned.

-Mike Morhaime
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-09-27 at 03:58 PM.

It's bad, there are no good games comming out 2011 (maybe swtor but thats barely 2011) and I'm really bored >:

As a good rule of thumb Blizzard will announce an actual release date 3 months before shipping, if the calendar gets to the 2Xth of September with no announcement expect an after-Christmas release.

Deleted
    Blizzard wants to get this game out more than we do, they just have lots of issues with bnet (remember massive SC2 delay?) and probably servers, as well as lots of reported bugs, and redoing spell/class mechanics. It all takes time.

Remember when Blizzard said game was done and they just want to test infrastructure? They were wrong, their in-house testers are not so good, as seen in many other occasions.

I personally don't like it. If the time was obviously spent improving the game I wouldn't at all mind. But to me, I think all this time is going to be spent improving console compatibility rather than improving the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I have watched a LOT of Beta testing on different Streams. It doesn't show very much of the game but the Gameplay itself seems to be flawless. Only thing I keep hearing is that the DH doesn't do enough damage

That being said, this seems like a finished product. I think they're pushing it back because its causing us to anticipate the moment of release even more

Frankly, I never expected them to release when they said they would, its not Blizzard's style. They WANT us to go MAD counting the minutes till a game is released. They WANT us waiting in lines, preordering the game, and YELLING about it on forums. Its all good publicity if ya think about it. Gamers screaming WAAAA WE WANT IT NOW makes other gamers curious

I could be wrong, maybe they just wanna be careful with this potential masterpiece of gaming. Maybe they care SO much about their gaming community that they want this to be perfect for us.... But I seriously doubt it, lol
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

I'm not suprised, but pretty annoyed. I really hope HotS gets released this spring too. If that gets pushed back I'm going to be furious, because in my mind there is no way Bliz could justify that.

Edit. Whats all these problems people are talking about with D3's Demon Hunter?
    I'm going to do some real damage!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just heard it said quite a few times that the Demon Hunter needs a boost in damage
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymion View Post
    Edit. Whats all these problems people are talking about with D3's Demon Hunter?
    DH resource management was screwed, so devs redoing it. And not just them, but also all casters dps scale from weapons now, same as melee. Lots of crucial rework currently (AH still in a bad shape), no idea from where they got an idea game was finished.

Deleted
    Blizzard never releases incomplete games, so it's most likely because they felt something wasn't ready to be shipped. This is a good thing, I'd hate to buy Diablo and then only have it be a mediocre experience. It's also bad in the selfish way that I can't wait for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a good thing. At least they realise that they game will not be ready on the timetable that they had predicted and are delaying the release until it is up to their very high standards. Like a few people have said; I would rather have a game sit in the development / QA stages for an extra three months than be released as a buggy heap of crap. Like the STALKER games, Age of Conan and a few other games that I've played over the last few years.

I don't mind the release date going back. What annoyed me here was Jay Wilson repeatedly saying "everything is on schedule" even I think up until the end of August. The game has been in the making ..... forever. People would accept the date getting put back, but don't feed up wrong info.

15+ Year Old Account
    Believe it was a hesitant last minute decision after a meeting that they decided to do this, believe he was giving out correct info to the best of his ability, can't always foresee all the bumps in the road.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Deleted
    I think it's good, more time to polish

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad, I'd rather have limited gameplay than no gameplay at all

I think its a big fail on there part, that in like a week after closed beta starts, they pushed the release date back because people found out more about the game then developers in a 2 hour play through. Honestly, blizzard has been slipping and D3 will probably be the last game I purchase from them, they are milking good series and the lore behind them all has been butchered. Regardless, can't wait for D3. Just starts reminding me of Star Wars, first 3 were great....then the last 3 were average with wicked awesome eye candy. ZzzZzzz

Good thing.

More time in development means less bugs, polished content, and improved gameplay when it comes from very good game studios. We're fine.

The thing is there will still be bugs. It is not like we are getting more content on the beta. They are not testing anything else. Hopefully they can explain at some point what they did to delay the release. Ok, sure the game will be more polished. But when is the new release date? Some are suggesting late Jan which ok is not that far back from the date, but what will they do in one month when the game has been in development for 10 years!

I don't get it either. People have holidays over Christmas and all the more reason to get the game and enjoy it. Missing out on that just seems silly. They are also running the risk of more people really geting into SW:TOR.