Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you buy PC games more if...

They were done right, for the PC.

Sometimes I play games, they feel like ports from other consoles, they have issues, or they don't "feel right". On the other hand, there are some made specifically for the PC (first), and others that are made equally for all platforms.

Ex. of bad PC games: Dead Island (fun, but glitchy, weird to control), sports games, etc
    Ex. of GOOD PC games: Crysis 1, Dead Space 2(nicely adapted), The Witcher 2, Starcraft 2, list goes on.

If all the titles released on the PC were shown love, would you buy more games for your PC? I'm tired of PC gamers getting the shaft.

15+ Year Old Account
    Know a game that's a HORRIBLE port?

RE4.

But yes, I'd buy more games if they were at least ported well. As it is you almost take a gamble with if it'll actually feel right.

Definitely. I've held off on purchasing a number of games because I either heard that they were horrible console ports from a number of sources I trust, or played a demo and couldn't stand the lack of customization/loose controls due to it being a console port.

Without a doubt, i dont like the copy of console games to pc, ie i buy games to my ps3 only if i know they were made for that purpose. What i hate seeing is console icons in my pc games, feels like i wasted my money on a copy paste. Just cause they didnt bother changing it cause pc gamers is 2nd rank to consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Know a game that's a HORRIBLE port?

RE4.

But yes, I'd buy more games if they were at least ported well. As it is you almost take a gamble with if it'll actually feel right.
    they made a pc version of that?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

I most likely would. The other thing that would top me off for buying PC games is demos. It seems that, one the whole, few big games bother with proper demos these days. The reason I want a demo is because I know my computer isn't the greatest thing in the world and I need to know that a game will run smoothly with acceptable graphics options. I'm not demanding being able to run everything on Ultra-High all the time, but it would be extremely nice to see just exactly what I can run it with. This is one of the major problems I have with Skyrim. I know how incredibly much better it is on a PC (having played Oblivion on both a PC and the Xbox), but if it's too resource-heavy it just won't be enjoyable. And unless they bring out a full demo, I can't really know how it will run on my computer.

I buy a vast majority of my games on PC. Imo, Dead Island is better on PC than on the consoles. A lot of games that are crappy ports have work arounds. Does it suck that they aren't released perfect for PC? Sure. But since 4000000000000000 different types of PC's exist, it's pretty hard for a dev to nail it right for everyone. Simple things get through on a release that shouldn't have (no clip in DI) but all in all it doesn't make me dislike the games I play. Transformers WfC was an amazing game. One the PC community figured out how to alter graphics settings and break the 30 fps lock, the game was godlike.

Too bad people don't have the patience to be an actual PC gamer. They expect a game to be flawless on every system on release. I have yet to see a game really do that since I've been a pc gamer. You just understand it after a point that games will be buggy on release. That's how the PC market is. Console ports will have dumb crap and things will have gotten left that should have been removed. The PC version of games are just different and once you accept that you can happily buy games without letting that type of crap upset you or stop you from enjoying/purchasing a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completly agree with dead island, running a sweet new laptop but it played so awkwardly on it, tried it on the 360 and its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    \
    Too bad people don't have the patience to be an actual PC gamer. They expect a game to be flawless on every system on release. I have yet to see a game really do that since I've been a pc gamer. You just understand it after a point that games will be buggy on release. That's how the PC market is. Console ports will have dumb crap and things will have gotten left that should have been removed. The PC version of games are just different and once you accept that you can happily buy games without letting that type of crap upset you or stop you from enjoying/purchasing a game.
    ^^^ I honestly expect a patch from the developer within a day or two of release to fix issues. If it takes them a few months I feel they aren't doing enough for their game.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Aye. But i'm on a stright economic schedule due to a masters degree I would rather have, so that is what's holding me back at the time being.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    they made a pc version of that?
    Yes.

Try it out. Enjoy aiming with a keyboard the the mouse being useless.
    And using weird keys to move(iirc wasd doesn't do moving...)

No. I play on Xbox LIVE because I grew up with it, to an extent. The first shooter I probably played was on PC (Urban Terror mod on Q3: Team Arena), but I LOVED Unreal Championship on Xbox LIVE. I'm used to that platform, and it has more titles that get cranked out than PC.

What would make me play PC more would be:

--Integrate Xbox LIVE. I don't care to give up 8+ years of that to switch for the same games.
    --Get exclusives worth a damn. They don't have Halo, Gears, Forza, or anything like that. Portal and Crysis bailed out for consoles. Other than WoW and Roller Coast Tycoon, they don't have anything on consoles when it comes to games.

I would honestly love if MS would use Windows to integrate the next Xbox. Make games on Blu-Ray discs and include Xbox launching software within Windows 8, giving people the option to pop Halo into a PC Blu-Ray drive and play with a controller OR a mouse and keyboard. It would be awesome to not have to buy a new console, but still have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Yes.

Try it out. Enjoy aiming with a keyboard the the mouse being useless.
    And using weird keys to move(iirc wasd doesn't do moving...)
    If there's any game I'd never play on a PC, RE4 would be that game. It would break the whole experience.

OT: No.

Absolutely. I have plenty of great games I bought on launch for full price because of their quality as a PC product. But as the years has passed it has become lesser and lesser and nowdays I mostly just buy games from Steam sales for cheap because in most cases the game simply does not deserve more than 1-5e thrown at it for varied reasons.

Sometimes there actually comes a product that is worth paying for (The Witcher 2, Minecraft, Starcraft) but the time between those worthy releases usually is more than a year.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post

--Integrate Xbox LIVE. I don't care to give up 8+ years of that to switch for the same games.
    --Get exclusives worth a damn. They don't have Halo, Gears, Forza, or anything like that. Portal and Crysis bailed out for consoles. Other than WoW and Roller Coast Tycoon, they don't have anything on consoles when it comes to games.
    You don't want to give up achievements? What?

Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo, Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Civilization, Half-Life, CSS, League of Legends, TF2, Red Orchestra (1/2), Minecraft, Terraria, Nuclear Dawn, and many others I can't think of are amazing games. The PC has more exclusives than consoles do. Not sure how Valve "bailed out for consoles".

I would honestly love if MS would use Windows to integrate the next Xbox. Make games on Blu-Ray discs and include Xbox launching software within Windows 8, giving people the option to pop Halo into a PC Blu-Ray drive and play with a controller OR a mouse and keyboard. It would be awesome to not have to buy a new console, but still have the option.
    Windows 8 is doing something with Xbox Live, but I know nothing about the OS because I hate Xbox/XBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    No. I play on Xbox LIVE because I grew up with it, to an extent. The first shooter I probably played was on PC (Urban Terror mod on Q3: Team Arena), but I LOVED Unreal Championship on Xbox LIVE. I'm used to that platform, and it has more titles that get cranked out than PC.

\

How old are you 12-15? Quake was probably the first Multiplayer(w/ unknown players) I did play online, But I used to play Doom online w/ friends, getting online calling to your friend pc, after that, IP Address... ya... old times.

BTW.. Xbox is "launching" their software since windows vista...

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    You don't want to give up achievements? What?

Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo, Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Civilization, Half-Life, CSS, League of Legends, TF2, Red Orchestra (1/2), Minecraft, Terraria, Nuclear Dawn, and many others I can't think of are amazing games. The PC has more exclusives than consoles do. Not sure how Valve "bailed out for consoles".
    Diablo, Civilization, Half-Life, CS(Not Source), TF2, Minecraft, and Nuclear Dawn are all on Consoles or coming soon. I admit they are vastly superior on PC but they are still not exclusives .
    Last edited by Tholaan; 2011-10-09 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would still buy more PC games if I could actually buy the game and not be forced to download it and also not get games engorged on DRM. I would take a game with a CD code over one that requires an internet connection any day of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    like dragon age 2 tried it for PC when it was a demo and got off 2 minutes later. but that game is a whole nother ball game of drama.

I pre-ordered Rage for my PC a few months ago. Boy do I feel disillusioned. That's the last time I buy an id game