Thread: Needs a new RPG

Deleted

Lightbulb Needs a new RPG

Hello, I was wondering if people could suggest a RPG which i could sink hours in to, the type of gaming im looking at atm is Neverwinter nights 2

it doesnt have to be online but that is prefered, must be on PC and price really doesnt matter aslong as its a decent game,

Sorry for the short preferences not sure what else to put

Thanks Lummy

(Might post more if i can think of somthing to add )

Diablo 2, Dragon Age 1 & 2, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (Skyrim comes out soon-ish so may want to wait for that), Mass Effect 1 & 2, Final Fantasy 7/8/9 (pretty sure you can get them on PC)...

Can't think of any else right now, but there's something to get you started at least. All of the above will keep you occupied for many, many hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you did not try Dragon Age Origins, do it. And Awakening. But do not rush to Dragon Age 2 in hopes, you will be heartbroken. You may just skip DA2 totally, believe me, you wont miss anything. If you played those, last Deus Ex seems pretty good to me, you should proceed with caution on this one too.

Deleted
    Diablo 2 i've been playing again but the resolution is hurting my eyes, Dragon age 2 I played the demo and i thought it played horribly, Oblivion i've played too much and yeah im waiting for skyrim, i'll look in to dragon age 1, Also gothic 4

I was looking at this list a little bit earlier... http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?s...78160CD5528BEC

I didn't go through it very much though, only checked out a few games but the only one that caught my eye was Realms Online. I haven't played it or installed it yet either, just downloaded it so I don't know how it is. You might be able to find something you like on the list though...

Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    Also gothic 4
    Don't. Just don't. For the love of God.
    Gothic 1 is a masterpiece. A jewel. An uncut one, rough, but a jewel.
    Gothic 4 is... It's not Gothic. Forget about graphics, attune yourself to a world full of bugs (that you'll love nevertheless), prepare for long gaming sessions (full immersion is a-must, and you don't get that with 20-min breezes), get Gothic 1 + Gothic 2:Gold (with the translated expac, that is), and be thankful that you've been a part of 2 of the most epic journeys, worlds, games ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 2 with DLC's :P
    -K

Noone has mentioned the Withcer and Witcher 2 yet??? Blasphemy!

Dragon Age is single player wow where you also have 4 characters... wow really. The world is boring, the story is so-so.

Witcher has a great world! Dark Fantasy, losts of moral decisions that actually count, cool combat, mature themes (yes sex with nymphs and witches), lot's of filthy beggars that spit in your face and so on. It destroys any RPG in the last years. The Witcher 1 has an enhanced edition, get that, and the Witcher 2 will have a 2.0 update (29th of Sept | Free) that will include every DLC and over 140 technical modifications and bugfixes, also they add a great tutorial to it.

You must play it!

Also... even the Witcher 1 has better graphics than DA... DA graphics are terrible (textures). And yes I played 78 hours of DA i know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2011-09-27 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Noone has mentioned the Withcer and Witcher 2 yet??? Blasphemy!

Dragon Age is single player wow where you also have 4 characters... wow really. The world is boring, the story is so-so.

Witcher has a great world! Dark Fantasy, losts of moral decisions that actually count, cool combat, mature themes (yes sex with nymphs and witches), lot's of filthy beggars that spit in your face and so on. It destroys any RPG in the last years. The Witcher 1 has an enhanced edition, get that, and the Witcher 2 will have a 2.0 update (29th of Sept | Free) that will include every DLC and over 140 technical modifications and bugfixes, also they add a great tutorial to it.

You must play it!

Also... even the Witcher 1 has better graphics than DA... DA graphics are terrible (textures). And yes I played 78 hours of DA i know what I'm talking about.
    Obviously not >.>

Quote Originally Posted by akredon View Post
    Obviously not >.>
    Obviously not what?