Thread: Disgaea 4

Disgaea 4

Any opinions?

Deleted
    It is named Disgaea, gonna buy it no matter what. I just wish they continue the story of the first one :X sadly not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soH8jG_gfGQ

Can't wait holy crap I am about to orgasm!!!

I just want to know one thing, WTF is Alex from Disgaea II doing here? I hate that guy.

Best thing ONLINE!!! yeah!!
    Last edited by mmocce676f6b0f; 2011-09-27 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post

I just want to know one thing, WTF is Alex from Disgaea II doing here? I hate that guy.

Best thing ONLINE!!! yeah!!
    Axel has a big role in this game.
    Prepare to hate him like you have never hated him before.
    You'll see what I mean when you play it.

ps. Ps3 is region free, import ftw.
    Only downside is you will usually have to download DLC with a different account.

I bought it, not too far in yet. Seems like typical standard Disgaea fare so far. FOR THE SARDINES

Deleted
    Just bought it on amazon can´t wait for it to arrive

hope it is better then Disgaea I but i really doubt it, it would be great if they made it better then II and III I am not really a fan of getting monsters has weapons :X and the other 2 and 3 story wasn't that great :X Hope 4 story can compete with the first game XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iTent View Post
    Axel has a big role in this game.
    Prepare to hate him like you have never hated him before.
    You'll see what I mean when you play it.

ps. Ps3 is region free, import ftw.
    Only downside is you will usually have to download DLC with a different account.
    I really loathe Alex in D2 and 3... Thanks for the warning.

Other game trailers has nothing has nothing on Disgaea!!!
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Been enjoying it so far. I'm five chapters in, spending most of my time in the good ol' Item World, which, for any familiar with Disgaea that haven't touched 4 yet, has had a neat little addition you'll experience.

Standard fare at the moment - some tweaks here and there, a senator system that's similar to the Classroom but has a bit more depth. Story's enjoyable, but I don't think any Disgaea is going to beat out the original there, though I still have a good 2/3 of the main story to progress through. I really liked the characters as a whole in Disgaea 3, what with our chef and Almaz tagging along. They happened to pin several of my favorite Voice Actors for that one, too, which was a nice bonus. While my curiosity is piqued for a lot of stuff in 4's story, I haven't gotten that feel from most of the main characters yet. However, it looks like it's building up to have more characterization throughout, where 3's were relatively straightforward the moment you saw them. There's some good potential there.

All that said, it's Disgaea, and I've been playing it nonstop when I'm not at work. Quite satisfied so far!

Edit: Get used to Valvatorez flapping his bat-wingish cape tons and tons of times in cutscenes, though~
    Last edited by Erakir; 2011-09-27 at 09:13 PM.