Guess the possible release date in the poll.
Stole the Developers comment's of ANET as info. Also using some information given on other Fansites.
- It's been hinted that the release of Guild Wars 2 will not coincide with the Guild Wars 1 Anniversary. So please don't say "The release date with be April 28th" unless you have a significant reason why it'd be so. Also remember April 28th is a Saturday...
- At the time of me typing this Guild Wars 2 is in Alpha stage.
- Closed Beta will begin after Alpha, which is to begin this year.
- Guild Wars 2's development started in early 2007
- Just because they are reworking something (eg: traits) doesn't mean the game is delayed
Wanted to clarify something since I see this bit of misinformation quite a bit. We released Nightfall in late October of 2006, at this time we were actively developing the next GW1campaign which was called Utopia. We decided early in 2007 to stop Utopia development and start both GW2 and Guild Wars:Eye of the North development. We announced this almost as soon as we made the decision and in fact had a very small team laying the groundwork for GW2 while the vast majority of the company worked on Eye of the North. It wasn't until EotN shipped in late August 2007 that we really started GW2 development in earnest. This means we've really been working on GW2 for about 4 years and aren't actually close to 5 years let alone 6 years. I think what makes it seem like a long time is that we announced the project very early on so GW1 fans would know why we weren't doing any more campaigns. Hope that clears
- Posted on 9/4/11