View Poll Results: Would you be intrested in this?

Voters
137. This poll is closed
  • No

8 5.84%
  • Yes

111 81.02%
  • Mabey..

18 13.14%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    nevermind orgrimmar let's do kara!
    and they are doing anti griefing things if i recall would probally best to wait a few days or so get a good plan, enough devoted people and a save place to create something on

also i am twice on the petition list i know i am amazing but can't do the work of 2 :P

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    Well I was told Curse actually has a Minecraft server, though I know nothing about it.
    Anyone know the Address of it?
    We would get started on something.
    See below

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There actually is! Currently it's whitlisted/invite only. It's ran by Dinnerbone (OMG CREATOR OF BUKKIT AND ADMIN ON MMOC) and me, Dinnerbone is really busy working on Bukkit at the moment so it's been left in my hands for now.

We have a stable playerbase of 10ish (always nice except Miceiken) people. Before 1.8 we had three different maps, Creative, Survival and Hardcore.

Creative is basically just a map where everyone has the /give command and with basic protection.
    Survival is exactly as it says, with basic area protection etc.
    Hardcore is something Dinnerbone cooked up, it's a random map (converted from an image (last months map), with lower spawnrates on pretty much everything. You can make "teams". These teams have a "base". If another team finds your base, they can loot it, destroy it.. whatever!

Currently we are running on a temporary 1.8.1 map as we wait for 1.9. After the Minecraft updates calmed down a bit we'll probably do the above again, but improved.

We really want to go public, but are kind of low on diskspace. The server rarely/never lags as it's on a dedicated curse sponsored box that only runs http://cursecraft.com (WIP) and the Minecraft Server itself.

You can join us on IRC, but seeing it's currently invite only I'm not sure whether there'll be a chance for you to actually play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be pretty interested, don't have too much experience building stuff in Minecraft as of yet, but starting to do bigger projects now on my guild's server, so i would love to join in on something big like this.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    See below
    Hm, awesome!
    Although I'm really looking for an public server.
    We have about 40 people who would love to build stuff with us, and I doubt they'll let us all in.

I mean my picture is too have a max of 100 people.

Hm, awesome!
    Although I'm really looking for an public server.
    We have about 40 people who would love to build stuff with us, and I doubt they'll let us all in.

I mean my picture is too have a max of 100 people.
    We are working on a plan that might accommodate this, no promises just yet though!

EDIT:

We just tested Cursecraft's anti-griefing plugin because naturally we would be taking a risk allowing such a boat load of people.
    The only thing is, we are keeping the whitelist. I know you'd rather have it public, but whitelisting is just something we are the only thing comfortable in doing at the moment.

I'm around pretty much every day and can whitelist all the people that would be working on this project. Whether or not the "WoW" world will be on a different map or not is something we are still debating, as well as other details.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2011-09-28 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    We are working on a plan that might accommodate this, no promises just yet though!

EDIT:

We just tested Cursecraft's anti-griefing plugin because naturally we would be taking a risk allowing such a boat load of people.
    The only thing is, we are keeping the whitelist. I know you'd rather have it public, but whitelisting is just something we are the only thing comfortable in doing at the moment.

I'm around pretty much every day and can whitelist all the people that would be working on this project. Whether or not the "WoW" world will be on a different map or not is something we are still debating, as well as other details.
    Sweet, thanks man!
    Sounds great, I'm sure everyone would be interested in a "WoW" world.

Sweet, thanks man!
    Sounds great, I'm sure everyone would be interested in a "WoW" world.
    it would be nice to see, having alot of variation would indeed be nice

I am very interested in this idea. I would love to build some form of WoW orientated structure. Please put me down, I have played minecraft for sometime now and have made several structures. Nothing amazing but believe I have the time and motivation to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zivel View Post
    I am very interested in this idea. I would love to build some form of WoW orientated structure. Please put me down, I have played minecraft for sometime now and have made several structures. Nothing amazing but believe I have the time and motivation to help out.
    You can drop me a pm as well, just list your minecraft username and I can white-list you too.

I'd love to be part of this too *_*

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo, to be part of this project you have to do what exactly:P? Kinda confused:P
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Sooo, to be part of this project you have to do what exactly:P? Kinda confused:P
    Build badass stuff with us (:
    That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Karazhan: the best tower ever.

Though I'M probably going to make the New Sheoth castle ^^
    But.... Tempest Keep? ICC?

I know Kara is the better raid, but in the end it's still a ruined tower... Would love to make the massive smiley face under it, though! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to be part of this... just not sure how much free time I have..

If it wasn't that i'm already hosting a minecraft server already on my computer, i would host one. Even though we're upgrading the computer quite heavily in the coming months to something a lot better i don't think i would be able to host a third server without reduced performance, but i'll see about the CPU and RAM usage by then as the write speed isn't a problem due to ramdisks. But i guess you've already found someone to host it by then as this upgrade is being finished in november earliest.

Or you can *cough* sign up to my server *cough*

I'm also called Median on the IRC.

Id be keen, but minecrafts net coding is horrendous, playing from Australia would be impossible.

as for a project, Storm Peaks/Ulduar or bust- go hard or go home
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post
    Id be keen, but minecrafts net coding is horrendous, playing from Australia would be impossible.

as for a project, Storm Peaks/Ulduar or bust- go hard or go home
    Yeah ):
    A lot of us plan on making lots of world of warcraft stuff (:

Quote Originally Posted by Takuyi View Post
    If it wasn't that i'm already hosting a minecraft server already on my computer, i would host one. Even though we're upgrading the computer quite heavily in the coming months to something a lot better i don't think i would be able to host a third server without reduced performance, but i'll see about the CPU and RAM usage by then as the write speed isn't a problem due to ramdisks. But i guess you've already found someone to host it by then as this upgrade is being finished in november earliest.

Or you can *cough* sign up to my server *cough*

Haha, thank for the offer we have found a server!
    We plan on using Curse's server.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post

I know Kara is the better raid, but in the end it's still a ruined tower... Would love to make the massive smiley face under it, though! xD
    Lol, we can do whatever we want to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Build badass stuff with us (:
    That's it.
    Yeah, I meant more like, where do I sign up / get whitelisted:P can't wait to start, worst thing you can do is join in on a half-finished project and not knowing any of the co-builders:/

Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post

Tempest Keep, Icecrown Citadel

Theys no towers! :P

And yes, we can't forget the smiley face, not at all. If only we could completely copy it and have a one way see through block... that'd be awesome : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Yeah, I meant more like, where do I sign up / get whitelisted:P can't wait to start, worst thing you can do is join in on a half-finished project and not knowing any of the co-builders:/
    PM Marlamin To be whitelisted, tell him your minecraft username (: