Thread: Family drama

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If even half of what you were saying was true, I'd ask my parents to send her back home.

Either that or I'd leave. And I'm pretty sure whose side my parents would take on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    If even half of what you were saying was true, I'd ask my parents to send her back home.

Either that or I'd leave. And I'm pretty sure whose side my parents would take on that.
    And what about the brother?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Live with it or move out. Simle as that. My parents aren't very forn of parasites, they would not have let it come that far. It's an 'if' scenario btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Sounds like he's picked a real jewel then...
    I see what you did there.....
    Clever =D

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 01:54 PM ----------

It's not the OP that should be asking this question, it's his older brother that should be thinking "Why do I keep her around if she makes me happy, but everyone else miserable?"
    "Yeah man, I'll help you with whate- Oh, you have a spider problem? Yeah.... Fuck that."

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Live with it or move out. Simle as that. My parents aren't very forn of parasites, they would not have let it come that far. It's an 'if' scenario btw.
    So it's really the parents / brothers decision again. If they don't want her to stay they would kick her out on their own.....

You really shouldn't be involved if your are not helping to pay the bills. I would take what he says with a grain of salt as he obviously is biased and we only get 1 side of the story.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phatsamurai View Post
    It's not the OP that should be asking this question, it's his older brother that should be thinking "Why do I keep her around if she makes me happy, but everyone else miserable?"
    If his parents where really so unhappy they would kick her out on their own, obviously things aren't that bad yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's really the parents / brothers decision again. If they don't want her to stay they would kick her out on their own.....

You really shouldn't be involved if your are not helping to pay the bills. I would take what he says with a grain of salt as he obviously is biased and we only get 1 side of the story.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 07:59 PM ----------

If his parents where really so unhappy they would kick her out on their own, obviously things aren't that bad yet.
    OP said his parents are ONLY letting her stay because of his older brother. While I agree that if it was super bad, the parents would indeed have to interject. Right now the responsibility is that of the older brother to realize that his GF is indeed, making his own flesh and blood (Read: little brother) feel unwelcome in his own home.
    "Yeah man, I'll help you with whate- Oh, you have a spider problem? Yeah.... Fuck that."

a friend of mine (20) got thrown out of his home for not taking school to serious ,after failing 3 years caused by lack of motivation to show up, even though he is a bright kid, but his brother on the other hand. he is 23, failed tenth grade, havent even been at the school bench after that! he lives in his parents basement, got no job, dating a 15 year old... ( wich he knocked up recently for the second time... by some reason her mother got nothing against this, abortion ftw though) he didnt got thrown out. all he does is drive around in his Ford Focus and waste his parents money on gas. so i think my friend (20y.o) actually got thrown out because they dont want him to be like his brother and take responsibility, wich means they still belive in him. so to some of you guys with brothers at the age of 25 and above. dont get to suprised if you get thrown out early! just shows that your parents belive in you!

Quote Originally Posted by Phatsamurai View Post
    OP said his parents are ONLY letting her stay because of his older brother. While I agree that if it was super bad, the parents would indeed have to interject. Right now the responsibility is that of the older brother to realize that his GF is indeed, making his own flesh and blood (Read: little brother) feel unwelcome in his own home.
    Of course, most people wouldn't let some random person stay in there house without paying rent. Obiously if his brother had his own place they would be living there instead.

The feeling I get is that his the little brother does not like the GF, and is not trying to get along. Notice he never tells us what the conversation was about, how do we know he wasn't just talking trash about her?

He doesn't have to like her but I would at lest try to make things work for a while. I mean you could tell your brother to dump the GF or GTFO, but I have a feeling his parrents don't want to do that. Why not let the older brother find a job and then decide what to do?

And basicly he insulted her and then she responded by saying that he was being rude? Right now she is a guest in your parrents house and is welcome as long as they want her there (Does it matter what the reason is?)....

All guests should be treated with respect as long as the person footing the bills wants them there and they behave.

(I assume he had his own place when / if he had a job)
    Last edited by Purlina; 2011-09-27 at 08:31 PM.