Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Donno but what ever it is probably gonna be a fun class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    I never tried one in GW1 but it looked fun enough. As I said, depending on the spells and style, it may become a main or main alt. If I don't like what I see, however, it will just be another class I will try at some point.
    I just didn't like Guild Wars 1 in general haha only because ive been playing WoW since it came out, and I honestly think WoW is better then GW1. But GW2 on the other hand, is FAR better then WoW. WoW is a lame-ass game compared to GW2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalla View Post
    I just didn't like Guild Wars 1 in general haha only because ive been playing WoW since it came out, and I honestly think WoW is better then GW1. But GW2 on the other hand, is FAR better then WoW. WoW is a lame-ass game compared to GW2
    I tried GW1 a few times, but some small things like not being able to jump on command(pet peeve) and the fact that you usually use the AI to make a party to do ANYTHING, just turned me off. The classes were great, the story was good and the quests were really fun. It just felt...cheap compared to WoW at the time. Now, however, WoW seems to be the dated MMO and GW2 the one that evolved. From the graphics to the combat, to just how things interact, GW2 is going to most likely replace WoW for me. Sure, I will still play WoW because of my friends, but I will try to get them on GW2, as well.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

It's Mesmer, or a renamed/retooled version of it (like how the Thief is sort of similar to the GW1 Assassin, but with lots of differences).
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

I just hope that at some point in a later expansion (Think they said they're doing expansions for GW2 instead of standalones... anyways) they release a Dervish, or a class similar to one. That would make me smile. Or at least bring Scythes into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will still be called mesmer, but that the mechanics of it will be more along the lines of an illusionist type class (or psionist) because they have done away with hexes.

That and mesmers are referred to by name in EoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I just hope that at some point in a later expansion (Think they said they're doing expansions for GW2 instead of standalones... anyways) they release a Dervish, or a class similar to one. That would make me smile. Or at least bring Scythes into the game.
    I would really like this too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    I tried GW1 a few times, but some small things like not being able to jump on command(pet peeve) and the fact that you usually use the AI to make a party to do ANYTHING, just turned me off. The classes were great, the story was good and the quests were really fun. It just felt...cheap compared to WoW at the time. Now, however, WoW seems to be the dated MMO and GW2 the one that evolved. From the graphics to the combat, to just how things interact, GW2 is going to most likely replace WoW for me. Sure, I will still play WoW because of my friends, but I will try to get them on GW2, as well.
    Exactly, all of the above I agree. I do not know if I will continue to play WoW though. I am only on PTR right now..which honestly, I will probably pay for a months worth when patch 4.3 comes out. But other then that, once GW2 comes out, that will be my main game.

I dont see the big deal about being able to jump, besides now that in GW2 it can be a sort of way to dodge attacks and things, but in WoW it just seemed pointless... GW1 felt cheap because you didn't have to pay a monthly fee. Thats the one thing that turned me ON to GW1 over WoW, I dont know how people even let themselves get to the point where they felt like they had to pay for the game AFTER they bought the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G-rated View Post
    I dont see the big deal about being able to jump, besides now that in GW2 it can be a sort of way to dodge attacks and things, but in WoW it just seemed pointless... GW1 felt cheap because you didn't have to pay a monthly fee. Thats the one thing that turned me ON to GW1 over WoW, I dont know how people even let themselves get to the point where they felt like they had to pay for the game AFTER they bought the game.
    Off-topic: Well, for me, it has been more worth my time to play WoW than go see movies, or buy other video games (new ones at full price) etc. I've been happily playing since Vanilla and I'm still just buzzing around doing random tidbits here and there of the game, trying not to bore out before MoP Beta. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see WoW go BO2P (buy once 2 play) but it probably won't happen too soon.

All the same though, it's how much you enjoy it even if it does cost money. I mean, people pay for a lot of things out their butt just to enjoy them (beer, smokes, games, stadium games, etc).

Back on topic, still guessing Mesmer or related to that like an illusionist or whatnot.

Deleted
    I really hope that it will be something mesmer like. I've always loved their appearance/the way they dress etc. That class has always been very unique and if you go to the official website of GW2 and look at some screens under the human section, you will find some clothing styles that certainly remind me a lot of mesmers.

Sorry, cannot post links yet...so I had to describe where to find the screens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    I really hope that it will be something mesmer like. I've always loved their appearance/the way they dress etc. That class has always been very unique and if you go to the official website of GW2 and look at some screens under the human section, you will find some clothing styles that certainly remind me a lot of mesmers.

Sorry, cannot post links yet...so I had to describe where to find the screens.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gwen#Quotes

this post reminded me of her in presearing when near sebedoh
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gwen#Quotes

this post reminded me of her in presearing when near sebedoh
    Gwen's so epic.

Also, I've never been a big fan of Mesmer masks. Wonder if that'll carry over to GW2.. to the mesmer, or wannabe mesmer, or whatever they choose to call the new mesmer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I've never been a big fan of Mesmer masks. Wonder if that'll carry over to GW2.. to the mesmer, or wannabe mesmer, or whatever they choose to call the new mesmer.
    Item 12 in the HoM says yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I had a silly dream...

The last profession was named Illusionist, it was based on the Mesmer... and the picture was related to this one, god... I'm such a geek.
    correct me if i am wrong but ANet did say that the last profession is a returning profession from GW so why are people assuming it will be renamed? returning profession means the name first and foremost not "how" it's mechanics will work in GW2, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Hey, I'm only here to bake cookies!

Then take over and rule all of Tyria...
    you are very, very sneaky sir!

OffT: not going to lie once you get started on your HoM you amass them quick. i went from 8 to 30 in under 2 weeks and i wasn't really trying.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Some kind of seer thingy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olaf the Berserker View Post
    Some kind of seer thingy.
    Mesmer.

space
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

So do items 1-6, really.
    They're all modeled after boxart professions, and the clothie one is the mesmer boxart, iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    So do items 1-6, really.
    They're all modeled after boxart professions, and the clothie one is the mesmer boxart, iirc.
    actually the on the box clothie for proph is eve the necromancer
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    actually the on the box clothie for proph is eve the necromancer
    I'm pretty sure they were talking about the original 6 profs..
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.