Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Warlock 4.3 PTR Changes 10/13/11

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlock (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)

Demonology
    • Demonic Knowledge now increases your Fire and Shadow spell damage by 15%, down from 20%.
    • Impending Doom now also procs from Soul Fire.
    • Master Demonologist now grants a base bonus of 18.4% and 2.3% per mastery, up from 16% and 2% per mastery.

Affliction
    • Jinx now increases the cost of the target's abilities instead of reducing his/her power regeneration.

Destruction

• Cataclysm now increases Fire spell damage by 30%, up from 25%.
    • Burning Embers now deals damage over time equal to 50% of the damage done, up from 30%. Now scales from 20% of spell power, up from 12,14%.
    • Fire and Brimstone now increases damage done by Chaos Bolt and Incinerate to targets afflicted by Immolate by 5/10/15%, up from 2/4/6%.
    • Improved Soul Fire now lasts 20 sec, up from 15 sec.
    • Shadowburn now deals Shadowflame damage, instead of Shadow damage.

General
    • Shadow Bolt has a new spell effect.
    • Soul Fire now scales with 72.6% of spell power, up from 62.5%.
    • Soul Harvest You seek out nearby wandering souls, regenerating 45% health and 3 soul shards over 9 sec. Cannot be cast when in combat.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Doomguard "Nerf" on PTR
    In 4.3, we have fixed the bug that caused the Doomguard to benefit too much from mastery. We have buffed Demonology warlocks to compensate. Also note that we have not yet completed our balance adjustments for 4.3 so what you've seen in the patch notes are mostly of a mechanical nature.

That said, we think balance is in a good place overall, so anyone expecting huge pendulum swings will probably be disappointed.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Warlock (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Tier 13
    Last edited by Strafer; 2011-10-13 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    hmm .. So far it looks like it will be another slap for warlocks

Deleted
    The 3rd major content patch with virtually no warlock changes, nice xD

I particulary like the way they fixed how Destruction was, unique
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

Deleted
    I'm not really sure what does this change mean... That soul harvest will regenerate HP for 3 seconds after it's over or something? Like... when we're already at full HP after normal harvesting/healers topped us?

...I call OP.

Well at least they fixed all of the major problems we currently have with the Warlock class.

Well, looking back at our patch history this expansion, quite a few of our changes haven't reached the PTR until later in the testing cycle. And remember the words of Boub: "Every time you take datamined info for fact, God kills a kitten."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    I'm not really sure what does this change mean... That soul harvest will regenerate HP for 3 seconds after it's over or something? Like... when we're already at full HP after normal harvesting/healers topped us?

...I call OP.
    Read, they've just reworded it... well this is pretty fucking dissapointing!

...I call OP.
    As it is now, Soul Harvest is affected by haste. This means in some cases where you're fully raid buffed, it can tick 4 times. I assume they're changing it to tick 3 times under any and all circumstances.

Deleted
    If they keep it this way, without fixing demo's DG, i'm gonna drool all over my t13 2 set bonus, even if i have to go LFR to get it!

WOW !! good news ... x_x

...I call OP.
    They just changed the wording around so that it says 45% over 9 seconds instead of 15% every 3 seconds, making the wording similar to evocate.
    This might mean they have nerfed it gaining an extra tick with haste. I hope so!

Deleted
    a day without a nerv is a good one , but I feel something big is incoming

Deleted
    This is gonna fix locks forever.

You geniuses that are complaining about the lack of changes realize that they slowly introduce the patch in phases on the PTR, right? This isn't close to the finished product guys.

It's the first night the PTR will even be up. People getting upset over/making sarcastic remarks about this being the only change are jumping the gun by a lot.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted
    The 4p T13 needs a " shards regen in combat " imo...but I guess... yeah nothing ç_ç

shut up! Doomguard is intact... for now.

OT: It seems more a Tooltip correction than a spell change.

Soul Harvest, wow i will nuke deathwing yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    It's the first night the PTR will even be up. People getting upset over/making sarcastic remarks about this being the only change are jumping the gun by a lot.
    I agree, however: COME ON. We've gotten so little this expansion so far. \: Practically no feedback, barely any changes but some bug 'fixes' and nerfs. The last big change we got was ISF shortly after cata came out.

Trying to stay patient for *something* x:

Thanks Sokogeka<3