Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

JC useless raidprofession in 4.3?

Since the new epic gems comes in 4.3 which gives 50 stats and the Chimera's Eyes only gives 67. JC's will only benefit 51 stats from the profession when the other professions are on an average of 80 (BS 100 because of the new gems).

What do you guys mean about this?

Deleted
    The same they did last time...
    Type in some higher numbers for the other professions.

Deleted
    Epic JC recipes ? I hope so because it would be just wrong to bump of Jewelcrafting as a secondary profession like this....this will most likely get fixed tho I am confident of it

10+ Year Old Account
    To make JC like how it is now the stats on the Chimera's Eyes should be 77 instead of 67 to scale it right.

how many times will this post come up, blizz has said that epic gems will be a long time in collecting, so much so that they expect people to only get fully epic gemed out by the end of the xpack.

blizz has alsow said ( or hinted more like it ) that they dont expect the epic gems to kill the other profs. and tbh if alot of people leave jc i will be happy while i play on the ah making 100ks worth of gold all day long.

not everything in life is equil and if you are going to be last in dps because of a loss of about 30% to the already low numbers they give then you need to look into your play style more than the prof you use.

im realy tired of all the QQ omg they wont give epic gems from pyrium, or omg other proffs will be bad and we will lose out on dps... i raided as herb/miner and was still top 5 dps in my guild. blizz will do what they will do and if you realy have a problem about it you should go to the wow forums and not here.

i can understand min/maxing but you must understand the guild i was in was a top 3 on our server ranked i think 100 ish in the world. so i understand min/maxing but i dont see how a loss of 30 str will drop you by any amount of dps worth considering. and if you would drop a proff that makes more gold than any other be my guest.

like i said go change to bs and let me play with the ah some more.

Currently on Wowhead PTR Version, All JC gems have been buffed to 77 stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meliancill View Post
    how many times will this post come up, blizz has said that epic gems will be a long time in collecting, so much so that they expect people to only get fully epic gemed out by the end of the xpack.

blizz has alsow said ( or hinted more like it ) that they dont expect the epic gems to kill the other profs. and tbh if alot of people leave jc i will be happy while i play on the ah making 100ks worth of gold all day long.

not everything in life is equil and if you are going to be last in dps because of a loss of about 30% to the already low numbers they give then you need to look into your play style more than the prof you use.

im realy tired of all the QQ omg they wont give epic gems from pyrium, or omg other proffs will be bad and we will lose out on dps... i raided as herb/miner and was still top 5 dps in my guild. blizz will do what they will do and if you realy have a problem about it you should go to the wow forums and not here.
    Nobody is saying they'r going to be in last place because of a profession. What they are asking is if JC only gems will be buffed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vikai View Post
    Currently on Wowhead PTR Version, All JC gems have been buffed to 77 stats.
    not suprised, now we just have to wait for other profesions to get there buffs

10+ Year Old Account
    I Agree with this. It's nothing about QQ or anything. but it sucks to change a profession because JC won't scale up with the other professions.

I was pretty surprised they even wasted the time introducing epic gems and in such a clunky piece of shit way. At least I had quit doing JC dailies a while ago. Also, I probably wouldn't dump off my stacks of Pyrite if I had hoarded them because there's a good chance Blizzard will stay true to form and just change it to prospect epic gems.

do i miss somthing ? 50x2=100 77-50=27 27x3=81 we miss 19 stat points compared to other professions to make it right we need 34x3 which is 84 stats gems

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    do i miss somthing ? 50x2=100 77-50=27 27x3=81 we miss 19 stat points compared to other professions to make it right we need 34x3 which is 84 stats gems
    I'm pretty sure other professions still get an 80 point bonus, not one hundred.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I'm pretty sure other professions still get an 80 point bonus, not one hundred.
    You're right, but BS will benefit most when the new 50 stat gems comes live.

Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    They will release new Chimera patterns or buff the current Chimera we have. Blizzard isn't THAT dumb.... or are they.
    359 engi hats. no other recipes. yes, they THAT dumb

Deleted
    Chimera's eyes'll get a buff.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    What will happen is exactly what happened last time, nothing to worry about, the sky is not falling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r_deniel View Post
    Engi stat boosts are intended to come from Synapse Springs, not the Helm - that was just a nice perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulzan View Post
    Since the new epic gems comes in 4.3 which gives 50 stats and the Chimera's Eyes only gives 67. JC's will only benefit 51 stats from the profession when the other professions are on an average of 80 (BS 100 because of the new gems).

What do you guys mean about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by www.wowhead.com
    Bold Chimera's Eye
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped: Jeweler's Gems (3)
    +67 Strength
    Requires Jewelcrafting (500)
    Item Level 85
    "Matches a Red socket."
    Sell Price: 1 12 50

Solid Chimera's Eye
    Binds when picked up
    +101 Stamina
    Item Level 85
    "Matches a Blue socket."
    Quote Originally Posted by ptr.wowhead.com
    ]Bold Chimera's Eye
    Binds when picked up
    +77 Strength
    Item Level 85
    "Matches a Red socket."

Solid Chimera's Eye
    Binds when picked up
    +116 Stamina
    Item Level 85
    "Matches a Blue socket."
    Seems the jc stat bonus will not change, so its still a little bit better than most other profs;P
    Edit: JCs will also get to fully gem cheaper than everybody else<WIN
    Last edited by zoomgpally; 2011-09-28 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r_deniel View Post
    Engineer hats arent their profession bonus. It's the tinkers that give the bonuses.