Thread: Firefox 7.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I switched to FF7 for now. Am on a couple of blogs that make heavy use of youtube frame embedding and scrolling through that on chrome wasn't always that pleasant.

Plus hoping the mmo-c crashes disappear! All longer posts I made were always written in notepad first :P

10+ Year Old Account
    as IT i welcome updates and changes...not like its hard to implement group policy to update shit >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I don't understand the point of rapid release cycles. It just creates a headache for everyone, especially IT.
    If the IT people prefer to use outdated software they can use that instead...
    There's no reason to force everyone else not to get improvements just because some IT people don't want to keep their software up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    A lot of software is written with specific rules for version checking; by verifying against a certain version 'level'. (e.g. 'v3' or 'v3.6')
    Larger releases are assumed to be more dramatic and therefore require that it is manually checked, wheras minor versions that aren't going to change anything significant can be expected to continue running on their own.

The problem with the rapid "major version" release cycle of firefox is that such an implementation becomes pretty much impossible to do. Its either to specific, and only valid for about 5 weeks, or to generic and completely useless. Result is, addons cease operating a lot more often.
    I use a TON of FF addons and haven't had a problem using any of them with the several recent FF updates...
    If anything the slow release cycle with a million changes at once will break a lot more addons and make it a lot harder to update them to the new version.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you like 7, move to beta or aurora for even better performance. FF8 reduces memory use once again and will be on Beta in a few days.

I love this browser. Installed Chrome on a machine I was building by request. I don't like it, felt sluggish compared to the Fo

EDIT ~ Installed and using since yesterday. Not sure why but it seems to run slower then the previous version. Slower on loading pages. Have rebooted, cleared caches etc. Same deal.

Last edited by Blackeyecycle; 2011-09-29 at 03:03 PM.