Question Holy Radiance - question and suggestion

Do you think the range change to HR was intentional?

Holy Radiance now has a 3.0-second cast time, no cooldown, and requires a player target. That target is imbued with Holy Radiance, which heals them and all group members within 10 yards instantly, and continues to heal them by a smaller amount every 1 second for 3 seconds.

10 yards is a VERY small range, especially when the HR target may move. Why they'd change this from 20 yards is beyond me.

Either way, I have a suggestion with HR... Now that HR won't be based upon OUR position - can we PLEASE get a new graphic for HR... I suggest something similar to the priest set from archaeology (you know, the green beam). I think we need something similar to this. Something that moves with the HR target so people know when they'll be healed by it? PLEASE? What are your thoughts on this idea?

Last edited by mcbubble; 2011-09-28 at 11:37 PM. Reason: moving picture down

The HoT is only around 3 second duration and it doesn't have a CD anymore so adding a strong graphic to it would probably be bad/annoying, I also think it should be up to the paladin to carefully choose which target to heal to get the most benefit out of it, instead of other players moving to the right place.

Do you think the range change to HR was intentional?
    Definitely, the spell is very strong on the PTR atm so if it was 20 yards it would be insanely OP.
    Last edited by Kujja; 2011-09-29 at 02:41 AM.

Define "strong".
    I'd like to hear what you think is so great about it.

The mana cost is a bit too high considering the area of effect.

Edit: Oh my dear lord. I just looked at it again on the ptr. It doesn't have a target cap? What the flying *&%^&!?
    Last edited by Tobley; 2011-09-29 at 03:37 AM.

Most random range in the world. PoH is 30 yards...

Deleted
    The only thing I*m mad about is that you need to be stacked and so far Firelands is not a raid where stacking is an option. Those bosses where you are able to stack. It's the best aoe healing spell ingame imo. I am able to cast even after i cast it.

I'm still concerned about a 10 yard range. If you're not sure how small that is, and if you have DBM, type /range 10 and you'll have a radar pop up. Look how small that is. You basically have to be stacked upon each other. That's why I'm suggesting an updated graphic (though obviously not as obscenely large as the image above)

Deleted
    The range is bull... and from what i remember it only heals the target's party, not sure about the whole raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Konstance View Post
    The range is bull... and from what i remember it only heals the target's party, not sure about the whole raid.
    It is not party based; that would be absurd given the range demands it currently has.

I definitely agree that this needs to be increased to 20 yards again; 10 yards at the moment once again necessitates grouping up which is arguably entirely counter-intuitive to the prospect of casting it on other people in the first place.

I'm also concerned about the mana cost in it's current form; strong AoE healing will require several casts of the ability; and at such a high cost that's just not viable.

10 yard range is really ridiculous imo. There's only a few instances in FL where that would be useful, not sure about 4.3 content as I'm not playing the ptr. I do think it should have a highly visible effect so people know who to stand by, but they need to increase the range for it be effective.

Even if they gave it a player cap, I think more range on it would be better.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin