10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anakonda View Post
    ooooor....

Now, hear me out...

A peanut butter cake with chocolate frosting!
    Brilliant!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to sleep. Have a good day, everypony.

10+ Year Old Account
    * robs Princess Celestia and gives a warning

I told you not to make me fall in love with Trixie or Sparkles

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetrin View Post
    We're starting to go round in circles here, which means we'really starting to run out of arguments

I'm just saying this: in an infinite-possibility multiverse, it is both required and guaranteed that confronted with a choice, you will make both the best possible choice and the worst possible choice. It doesn't matter how good and virtuous you try to be, there is no way around the fact that there is a version of you that's failed at it. That can't exist in the same construct as actual free will, since by definition this multiverse requires every choice to be made. If not every choice is required, you have to come up with rules as to what is or is not, and that's hopeless.

Insofar as proof - yeah, this is moral philosophy, proof has nothing to do with it
    It does not matter what other you in other universe chose. What matters is that you have an opportunity to make your own choice.
    There is an infinite number of you's who took either choice. There is an infinite amount of universes both exactly equal and directly opposite of your own universe. What makes them so different or equal are the choices that you make - and the fact that you can make these choices makes your universe equal or different to other universes - hence you are influencing every multiverse by making your own universe equal or nonequal to infinite amount of other universes every time you make a choice.
    We dream, we dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I'm going to sleep. Have a good day, everypony.
    NN mate, sleepie well

We're starting to go round in circles here, which means we'really starting to run out of arguments

I'm just saying this: in an infinite-possibility multiverse, it is both required and guaranteed that confronted with a choice, you will make both the best possible choice and the worst possible choice. It doesn't matter how good and virtuous you try to be, there is no way around the fact that there is a version of you that's failed at it. That can't exist in the same construct as actual free will, since by definition this multiverse requires every choice to be made. If not every choice is required, you have to come up with rules as to what is or is not, and that's hopeless.

Insofar as proof - yeah, this is moral philosophy, proof has nothing to do with it
    You take as axiomatic that the many-worlds interpretation is provably accurate. It isn't. I could argue that if there is a Zorblaxian Freighter 120 miles above the cloud tops of the far side of Jupiter then it's right to kill kittens, but if I have no evidence whatsoever that a Zorblaxian Freighter is 120 miles above the cloud tops of the far side of Jupiter, then my argument is no more valid than one from a religious backing. Less so, in fact - religious morality can at least point to its long tradition of relative success.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    It does not matter what other you in other universe chose. What matters is that you have an opportunity to make your own choice.
    There is an infinite number of you's who took either choice. There is an infinite amount of universes both exactly equal and directly opposite of your own universe. What makes them so different or equal are the choices that you make - and the fact that you can make these choices makes your universe equal or different to other universes - hence you are influencing every multiverse by making your own universe equal or nonequal to infinite amount of other universes every time you make a choice.
    You're giving a single universe a preferential viewpoint, though, which is counter to a many-worlds argument. If you're arguing a many-worlds interpretation, there is no preferred universe.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cranica View Post
    You take as axiomatic that the many-worlds interpretation is provably accurate. It isn't. I could argue that if there is a Zorblaxian Freighter 120 miles above the cloud tops of the far side of Jupiter then it's right to kill kittens, but if I have no evidence whatsoever that a Zorblaxian Freighter is 120 miles above the cloud tops of the far side of Jupiter, then my argument is no more valid than one from a religious backing. Less so, in fact - religious morality can at least point to its long tradition of relative success.
    Actually I'm not (and it isn't), I'm just saying what such an interpretation requires and implies.

You're giving a single universe a preferential viewpoint, though, which is counter to a many-worlds argument. If you're arguing a many-worlds interpretation, there is no preferred universe.
    No preferred universe as far as the cosmos as a whole is concerned. I personally sure as hell prefer my universe, since as far as my experiences extend, it's the only one.

No preferred universe as far as the cosmos as a whole is concerned. I personally sure as hell prefer my universe, since as far as my experiences extend, it's the only one.
    Sure, but that's irrelevant if you're arguing for a many-worlds interpretation (which I'm arguing against, though that may have gotten lost).

10+ Year Old Account
    * Shoots celestia in the head

NOBODY GAVE INTO MY DEMANDS ... a date with Trixie or Sparkles

Sure, but that's irrelevant if you're arguing for a many-worlds interpretation (which I'm arguing against, though that may have gotten lost).
    Wait, okay, so who here is arguing for many-worlds? I'm confused now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am arguing for many worlds because I want to conquer them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trydene View Post
    Cheesecake with lemon as one of its filling is yummy in the morning
    Happy birthday to you.
    Happy birthday to you.
    Happy birthday dear Trydene.
    Happy birthday to you.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    I am arguing for many worlds because I want to conquer them all.
    If you conquer them you have to rule them. Ruling one world is bad enough, imagine ruling hundreds? Chaos is the only answer.

Might have been me. I dont usually pay attention to what im arguing for/against, so im not totally sure ^^

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trydene View Post
    Cheesecake with lemon as one of its filling is yummy in the morning

Grats!
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Did someone call me?

(This story is proving REALLY fun to write <3)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    If you conquer them you have to rule them. Ruling one world is bad enough, imagine ruling hundreds? Chaos is the only answer.
    Who says I have to rule them? Once they're all subjugated under my iron will I shall force them to combat each other for total rule of the universe.

Hundreds of worlds.
    Billions of soldiers.
    Endless war.
    Final destination.

Quote Originally Posted by affixiation View Post
    who says i have to rule them? Once they're all subjugated under my iron will i shall force them to combat each other for total rule of the universe.

Hundreds of worlds.
    Billions of soldiers.
    Endless war.
    Final destination.
    muffins for the muffin throne

edit: oh wtf it lowercased it for me. oh well i can pretend this is pictures for sad children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you ****** kidding me ... TAKE A FUCKING NOTICE OF WHAT I HAVE DONE TO CELESTIA .... NEXT TIME I'LL NUKE DISSCO DUDE IF I DON'T GET ATTENTION!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Are you ****** kidding me ... TAKE A FUCKING NOTICE OF WHAT I HAVE DONE TO CELESTIA .... NEXT TIME I'LL NUKE DISSCO DUDE IF I DON'T GET ATTENTION!!!!!!!
    Nobody cares about molestia.
    Now, if you stole luna....

Meh, who am i kidding. Nobody is stupid enough to steal Luna. I dont think any evil hideout is large enough to fit the whole queue of people who would come to beat the living crap out of you if they saw luna cry...
    We dream, we dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    it does that when there is not a single lower case letter in what you post.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 05:03 PM ----------

oh, hi crush.
    hi ... hi ... A HI?!? ... I KILLED CELESTIA AND I GOT A HI?!? ... disco I give up, how do you make Trixie or Sparkles go to a date with me