Quote Originally Posted by Captain Noctus View Post
    ALAS!
    Though I have returned so recently to a herald of "Hey" and "Oh hai", I must depart! For I grow weary and tired, and must rest!

But anyways, I'll see you all in the morning, or later, or something.
    I'll be back soon.
    Soon-ish.
    Eventually...
    Never!
    Tomorrow. Definitely tomorrow. You have not see the last of the orphan captain!
    Have a good night Captain.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorin View Post
    I've had to argue this for years. Not criticizing yourself does not mean you end in stagnation. You can pursue betterment without the sort of self-evaluation that the author is talking about. This is one of those times when operational definitions of terms comes in handy. What is meant is judging of oneself. Take, for instance, many young women these days who judge themselves to be fat because they are comparing themselves to photoshopped models. They should in no way evaluate themselves by that metric. Passing judgement on yourself is the heart of the matter here for self-esteem, and that's what the author is encouraging people not to do. Everyone should value themselves for who they are right now, and not hold that in abeyance until some magical point of betterment is reached.

We should analyze what we do, sure, but we shouldn't judge ourselves for it. It's a mistake to think that self-judgement or criticizing oneself are the only paths towards the motivation required to self-edification.
    The example you gave isn't an issue of judgement being bad, it's an issue of unrealistic expectations (mostly created by an unfortunate media tendency). Sure, it would be unrealistic to, say, judge one's SAT scores compared only to people who broke 1500; that doesn't mean one shouldn't look at a 780 and go "I should do better". You seem to use the word "judgement" in a purely negative way, almost to mean "condemnation", which isn't the way I see it at all.

In particular, I take major issue with the claim that "everyone should take value in who they are right now." By that logic, a terrible person should feel okay with themselves, even if they are a terrible person in every way - and probably are unhappy because of it. From my own experience, sure, I've beaten myself up badly at times, but constant self-evaluation has led me to a way better life over the course of the last few years. Like most other things, judging yourself is a matter of balance - enough to motivate and push you out of your comfort zone, but not enough to cripple.

Kinky.....perhaps TOO kinky...

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I wanted to stay up and poke Mixxy and Seelen but damn I'm tired. I'll be back later after a nap.

have a good one darlin
    I was the Rainbow Das at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Durgen View Post
    Hiyo ponies! How goes it for y'all?
    Greetings! It goes well. How about you?

Hiyo ponies! How goes it for y'all?
    Yozzers Durgen. Doing alright, not the best, but alright. How be you today?

Hello durgan my number 2 of the das elite 5

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 11:17 PM ----------

Decraven that bracelet do want, would so make one if I could

good night ponies back to bed i go

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Doing great, just woke up from a 5 hour nap a bit ago, feeling hella good. Whatcha up to?
    Readin thread. Readin mage stuff. Usual.
    Hey you should get a viking hat put on owlowicious in your ava or sig. That would make it Durgen-tastic!

Ediiiiit: G'night hudson, have a good sleep m8!

Night Hudson ill snuggle you later, when you are deep asleep,
    Illunis if you are up and its not a server down time let's do a troll

Quote Originally Posted by DasHuntard View Post
    Hello durgan my number 2 of the das elite 5
    How do I become one of Das' elite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Played Minecraft all day long. What happened to the hours..? Suddenly for the first time in 4 months my tablet feels neglected.

Quote Originally Posted by DasHuntard View Post
    Night Hudson ill snuggle you later, when you are deep asleep,
    Illunis if you are up and its not a server down time let's do a troll
    In a few minutes? Trying to finish something rq.

Quote Originally Posted by Valcron View Post
    Played Minecraft all day long. What happened to the hours..? Suddenly for the first time in 4 months my tablet feels neglected.
    Silly Valcron, your tablet isn't neglected, just resting from all of the awesome you have put into it.

Deleted
    mfw he begins to neglect his tablet more and more as days pass by

Your tablet is crying. And so am I.

Alrighty das, I'm ready, and on my pally whenever you want to go, also, any other US/Alli bronies that want to join, feel free! I'm also creepin' in Elyss's brony vent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people codename their computers.

Should draw Marceline! You know, so your tablet isnt so neglected!