Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
43
83
... LastLast
  1. #641
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    GC has a tweet somewhere saying that Starsurge (the damaging source of Moonkin burst) isn't that big of a deal atm, rather no one is really complaining about it--at all. Blizzard needs to take a second look at the primary cause of Druid burst (Incarnation can't really yell any louder than it already is), and at least rip apart the true damage modifier.


    What your opinion on the 5.2 T90 talents? My opinion is as follows~
    • I would love to try a DOC build if it simply wasn't so unforgiving to accidents and basic mechanics. I like the idea of passive damage for higher sustained, but lesser burst. HOTW would be nice too, having the ability to swap to a secondary playstyle once an encounter. For very a particularly small window (mostly Tranq), HOTW simply did not scream "raid viable" at first glance, second glance, third...you get the point.

    Looking at the dungeon journal available to 5.2 at this time, guess what? More forced movement! So unless they change DOC to something more movement-friendly, it's a bust. HOTW literally has no usage at this point; unless you're one of those players who uses it specifically for an uber Tranq, it's useless. T90 talents are too strict, except NV. NV is simply good for (almost) every situation. Unless these T90 talents become designed for a wider range of raid mechanics, NV is simply the best bang for your buck.
    The problem with Nature's Vigil is the nerf to it. It's pretty rough. The passive intellect for HotW I think will become much more beneficial. The problem I think is our T60 talents, I really don't see anything beating incarnation. I think if they fixed Force of Nature, it'd be a true competitor. (Make it scale with solar eclipse, and make it truly get off all the casts it's supposed to in it's duration).

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  2. #642
    Field Marshal Yazgot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    52
    It would be nice to pop Starfall on Lunar and Treants on Solar Eclipse. That could solve some issues with our movment DPS. Besides it is just cool

  3. #643
    During Amber shaper unsok fight when transformed in mutaded construct i noticed that i dont have smash ability doing any dmg only amber strike ,whilie our warior ,warlock had it as top dmg.So mine question what i am doing wrong.

  4. #644
    You're not autoattacking. Yes, seriously. Rightclick that bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    The problem with Nature's Vigil is the nerf to it. It's pretty rough. The passive intellect for HotW I think will become much more beneficial. The problem I think is our T60 talents, I really don't see anything beating incarnation. I think if they fixed Force of Nature, it'd be a true competitor. (Make it scale with solar eclipse, and make it truly get off all the casts it's supposed to in it's duration).
    I don't think it should scale with solar specificially, that might be to limiting on some fights. Better to have it scale with mastery in general, like Frost mages Water Elemental.

    I also find it annoying how people constantly ignore the passive benefits on HotW, when that's the really important part to us.

  5. #645
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're not autoattacking. Yes, seriously. Rightclick that bastard.


    I don't think it should scale with solar specificially, that might be to limiting on some fights. Better to have it scale with mastery in general, like Frost mages Water Elemental.

    I also find it annoying how people constantly ignore the passive benefits on HotW, when that's the really important part to us.
    Well, it is casting Wrath, so I can see how it'd only benefit from Solar. If it took the snapshot mastery damage boost just like it does haste and crit, it wouldn't be so bad, since you could in theory drop it whenever you were in solar with nature's grace up (and could possibly wait a bit into solar if you knew trinkets would be popping soon).

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazgot View Post
    It would be nice to pop Starfall on Lunar and Treants on Solar Eclipse. That could solve some issues with our movment DPS. Besides it is just cool
    My idea was to bring back Insect Swarm as Solar's version of Starfall. And have it so it damages the target you place it on, and x amount of enemies surrounding said target. So kind of like Starfall except you place it on the target rather than radiate it from yourself.

    Then they could bring back Glyph of Focus and make it so Starfall and Insect Swarm only damage your current target
    Last edited by quikbunny; 2013-01-06 at 11:15 PM.

  7. #647
    Can anyone give some 85+ leveling advice for boomkins? I honestly don't remember how I got to 85, but I just healed the whole time I got there. I'm trying to level up now as boomkin, and it seems pretty horrible.
    The only advice I read was to set up mushrooms and the vortex to keep enemies in the mushroom's slow while you wrath/starfire them up. Ugh, that's quite a pain to do for every pull.
    Otherwise, I just do the natures grasp thing, and wrath/starfire until they are dead, but they still end up beating on me too much. Is it just a gear problem? Will it get better soon? i have about LFR level dragon soul stuff, which seems better than some of the early quest rewards.

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Can anyone give some 85+ leveling advice for boomkins? I honestly don't remember how I got to 85, but I just healed the whole time I got there. I'm trying to level up now as boomkin, and it seems pretty horrible.
    The only advice I read was to set up mushrooms and the vortex to keep enemies in the mushroom's slow while you wrath/starfire them up. Ugh, that's quite a pain to do for every pull.
    Otherwise, I just do the natures grasp thing, and wrath/starfire until they are dead, but they still end up beating on me too much. Is it just a gear problem? Will it get better soon? i have about LFR level dragon soul stuff, which seems better than some of the early quest rewards.
    Moonkin questing is pretty horrible, at least until you get some LFR MoP gear. Keep Barkskin and NS on cd, use racials (Warstomp if tauren for example) and Rejuv plenty. Also use Typhoon and like you said NGrasp and Vortex.

  9. #649
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,065
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Switching to cat, putting rake up and switching back takes at least 3 seconds, possibly more(no idea if the GCD on forms scales with haste). The damage isn't that good for the time investment.
    This is pure speculation. Regardless the math has already been proven to show that even WITHOUT HotW, Rake (counting the globals spent shifting) > Lunar Shower x3 in Eclipse. Therefore it would be absolutely foolish to spec HotW and not activate the ability to use "drive by" Rakes as you are forced to move during a fight.

    To me this is the absolute bare minimum. I'm not convinced a 5pt FB wouldn't be worth using either. Unless the fight is Patchwerk/Ultraxion speccing HotW and not using it at all when Lunar Shower is so bad makes absolutly no sense whatsoever (unless you are saving it for a crucial point in the fight where you need the HotW buffed Tranq, but even there you will have 35secs left on the buff after Tranqing and you should pay attention for any opportunites where you should go cat).

  10. #650
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    This is pure speculation. Regardless the math has already been proven to show that even WITHOUT HotW, Rake (counting the globals spent shifting) > Lunar Shower x3 in Eclipse.
    Doesn't anyone else have a problem with this? Going into our offspec and throwing up a bleed during movement ends up being more DPS than our own talented ability to 'dps on the move'.

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  11. #651
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Doesn't anyone else have a problem with this? Going into our offspec and throwing up a bleed during movement ends up being more DPS than our own talented ability to 'dps on the move'.
    Yeah it's a huge problem. Lunar Shower has pretty much been a colossal failure since its' inception. Mages/Warlocks/Elemental Shaman can all cast something while moving. Why they haven't given us our own 'Scorch' spell is beyond me. I expect it to come next expansion though as it's too big a change to throw in mid expansion.

    Who knows though they could spend all their time thinking about how to make the level 90 tier feel more "Hybridy" and just give us nothing. This wouldn't shock me either.

  12. #652
    Herald of the Titans Lilija's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Częstochowa Poland
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Can anyone give some 85+ leveling advice for boomkins? I honestly don't remember how I got to 85, but I just healed the whole time I got there. I'm trying to level up now as boomkin, and it seems pretty horrible.
    The only advice I read was to set up mushrooms and the vortex to keep enemies in the mushroom's slow while you wrath/starfire them up. Ugh, that's quite a pain to do for every pull.
    Otherwise, I just do the natures grasp thing, and wrath/starfire until they are dead, but they still end up beating on me too much. Is it just a gear problem? Will it get better soon? i have about LFR level dragon soul stuff, which seems better than some of the early quest rewards.
    You mean multiple targets? Using shroomz and ursol vortex is an overkill for single target. DoTs, wrath/stafire, SS, typhoon if something really hits you too much. Starfall is also great help. Use Glyph of the Moonbeast so you can heal yourself in form. Mana should not be a problem due to eclipse mechanic and even if there is some heavier AoE situation you have always innervate for that.

    I have leveled in DS BiS gear and had absolutly no issue with leveling as moonkin even with several targets. I don't really know if for leveling it's such a huge difference from LFR gear. Then again MoP quest and dungeon rewards are quite and should make leveling quite smooth.

  13. #653
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    You mean multiple targets? Using shroomz and ursol vortex is an overkill for single target. DoTs, wrath/stafire, SS, typhoon if something really hits you too much. Starfall is also great help. Use Glyph of the Moonbeast so you can heal yourself in form. Mana should not be a problem due to eclipse mechanic and even if there is some heavier AoE situation you have always innervate for that.

    I have leveled in DS BiS gear and had absolutly no issue with leveling as moonkin even with several targets. I don't really know if for leveling it's such a huge difference from LFR gear. Then again MoP quest and dungeon rewards are quite and should make leveling quite smooth.
    It really does feel like leveling/daily questing as Boomkin is one of the easier specs in the entire game. You can pull a TON of mobs with INC/NV/CA and be in no danger whatsoever. If you add in NS/HT + the utility of typhoon/beam/bash, everything together honestly feels kinda of imba after I just got done leveling my DK.

    Makes me worried that a nerf to something might be coming though. When the only thing that is challenging about dailies is aggroing enough mobs with CDs up then something might be broken.

  14. #654
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Makes me worried that a nerf to something might be coming though. When the only thing that is challenging about dailies is aggroing enough mobs with CDs up then something might be broken.
    I don't think our spec will be nerfed because of how easy dailies are.

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  15. #655
    Well, seems like our T15 set bonuses are pretty straight forward, though not exactly imaginative.
    Item - Druid T15 Balance 2P Bonus (New) Increases the critical strike chance of Starsurge by 10%.
    Item - Druid T15 Balance 4P Bonus (New) Nature's Grace now also grants 1,000 critical strike and 1,000 mastery for its duration.

  16. #656
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, seems like our T15 set bonuses are pretty straight forward, though not exactly imaginative.
    And imo, much weaker than T14

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  17. #657
    Balance Power Tracker aint updated to 5.0.1 so ......
    Same Shit Different Day

  18. #658
    First of all thank you for the great guide. Im leveling a boomy right now and really enjoying it.
    I have one question and one request though;

    1 - How good are balanced druids when it comes to soloing compared to feral and WW monk? I mainly wish to solo TK for Ashes of A'lar and Naxx for transmog gear.

    2 - Can any exprienced boomy upload a picture of his keybinds? I always had a hard time with them and i want to know which skills i can throw away from my action bars.

  19. #659
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    off the forest
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    Balance Power Tracker aint updated to 5.0.1 so ......
    but it still works fine, so there is no problem.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyatch View Post

    2 - Can any exprienced boomy upload a picture of his keybinds? I always had a hard time with them and i want to know which skills i can throw away from my action bars.
    that depends a bit on if you re doing pvp or pve.

    for pve I use more or less this:
    `- sunfire, 1-wrath, 2- moonfire, 3- starfire, 4 - starsurge, 5 - starfall, 6-NS+HT(macro), 7 - NS +rebirth (macro), 8 - Inc+NV (dmg CDs - macro) 9 - astral comm
    Q - 5th tier CC, E - barkskin
    Z- symbiosis
    I also use 6 mouse buttons keybinds, for Typhoon, Solarbeam, Stampeding roar, hurricane, tranqulity, cellestial alignment (or healthstone or whatever else is needed)


    keybinds from `to 5 are normal dps rotation, aplicable for pvp as well.

  20. #660
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    965
    Itemlevel 480 - can reach 5273 haste by using 2x 320 and 2x 80 int and 160 haste + reforging everything into haste.

    Should i do it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •