Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ...
41
49
50
51
52
53
61
... LastLast
  1. #1001
    Is dot refreshing optional or mandatory? Do I have to watch trinket procs and eclipse and nature's grace to refresh dots or just when they fall off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  2. #1002
    You can just refresh them when they fall off. It's no huge DPS-loss. However, if you have Wushoolay or Lei Shen trinket, you should refresh them when they're up.

    However, if your DoTs fall off before you reach the next eclipse, don't bother refreshing them until you reach that eclipse, unless you're a very long way off.

  3. #1003
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is dot refreshing optional or mandatory? Do I have to watch trinket procs and eclipse and nature's grace to refresh dots or just when they fall off?
    You can always use this sheet to determine whether it's worth to refresh your current DoTs or not when you have certain buffs active.

  4. #1004
    Herald of the Titans Lilija's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Częstochowa Poland
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    You can always use this sheet to determine whether it's worth to refresh your current DoTs or not when you have certain buffs active.
    On the topic of DoT refreshing I've started using Affdots with druid module. It shows if refreshing a DoT in particular moment will make it stronger or weaker by given % depending on what buffs we have up (=100 refreshing DoT will not alter it's power; >100 will make it stronget; <100 will make it weaker) . Unfortunatly, it doesn't consider time left on the DoT - it's only a snapshot. I'd like to hava a similar spreadsheet considering time left and power % helping to determine if it's good to refresh or not.

    So far I'm only using it in movement to see which DoT spamming will gain/lose more on the DoT plus to help make a decission if to refresh a DoT while leaving Eclipse or give it a shot till next one.

    EDIT: Silly me. I've just noticed Slippy's spreasheed has % :P Tho I still wonder on the scenario when refreshing DoTs shows me like 30% of current power but I'm leaving the Eclipse and I'm not sure if the they will make it to the next Eclipse. By the rule of a thumb I don't refresh DoTs outside of Eclipse unless I'm moving.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2013-07-15 at 11:42 AM.

  5. #1005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Hit = Spirit > Haste (10289) > Crit > Haste (post breakpoint) = Mastery

    However, if you're unable to reach that breakpoint, you should just go for the 5273 haste breakpoint and then dump the rest of your points into crit:

    Hit = Spirit > Haste (5273) > Crit > Haste (post breakpoint) > Mastery
    Right now I'm using the 10k hastebreakpoint statspriority.

    But sometimes I see people using this statspriority: Int > Hit (5100) > Haste (10289) > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    Can anyone explain me that why is Mastery better then Haste after hastebreakpoint?

    And can anyone tell me when I need to use that last statspriority?

  6. #1006
    Mastery is pretty much equal to Haste after the 10k breakpoint. As your wraths are GCD capped already haste loses it's value dramatically. Mastery on the other hand isn't ever actually even too bad even though it is the worst. It doesn't really matter which you pursue after the cap but if you're gemming haste at all, you can always transfer some of it to crit if you get "too much" haste meaning that the issue is pretty much nonexistent.

  7. #1007
    Right I am brand new to Moonkins! I was previously a DK have been one since WotLK
    But I wanted something new so i chose Boomkin :3
    I was wondering if I could get any tips and help with reforging and gemming,
    Here is my armory (New to the site, so cant post links so my druid is called Ilmatic from Auchindoun, Apologies) (I used to be feral beforehand so I still got an Agility ring :'( )
    I cant reach the second haste cap, so ive reforged crit, if understand correctly but not sure on how I should be gemming,
    All help/tips/criticism will be appreciated

    <3 <3 <3

  8. #1008
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmatic View Post
    Right I am brand new to Moonkins! I was previously a DK have been one since WotLK
    But I wanted something new so i chose Boomkin :3
    I was wondering if I could get any tips and help with reforging and gemming,
    Here is my armory (New to the site, so cant post links so my druid is called Ilmatic from Auchindoun, Apologies) (I used to be feral beforehand so I still got an Agility ring :'( )
    I cant reach the second haste cap, so ive reforged crit, if understand correctly but not sure on how I should be gemming,
    All help/tips/criticism will be appreciated

    <3 <3 <3
    If you go to the first post on the first page of this thread, everything you need to know on the basics of how to play is there. Go read up on that first, and then ask questions if there are things you still don't understand.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

  9. #1009
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Right now I'm using the 10k hastebreakpoint statspriority.

    But sometimes I see people using this statspriority: Int > Hit (5100) > Haste (10289) > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    Can anyone explain me that why is Mastery better then Haste after hastebreakpoint?

    And can anyone tell me when I need to use that last statspriority?
    The second stat priority is really only for boomkins in ~T14 gear. Anything above that means you should be able to get 10289 haste with relative ease.

  10. #1010
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    The second stat priority is really only for boomkins in ~T14 gear. Anything above that means you should be able to get 10289 haste with relative ease.
    No no Slippykins, I didn't mean for boomkins with T14 gear.
    Right now some people with T15 gear uses this statspriority: Int > Hit (5100) > Haste (10289) > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    And Askmrrobot said this too to me I had to reforge my chest to mastery or something like that. But I just wanted to know why is that? Or I want to know when I need use this statspriority?

    Right now I'm using Int > Hit (5100) > Haste (10289) > Crit > Haste (post breakpoint) > Mastery

  11. #1011
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Right now I'm using the 10k hastebreakpoint statspriority.

    But sometimes I see people using this statspriority: Int > Hit (5100) > Haste (10289) > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    Can anyone explain me that why is Mastery better then Haste after hastebreakpoint?
    It doesn't need to be. Since both are about equal, it's more of a personal choice than anything else.

  12. #1012
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    No no Slippykins, I didn't mean for boomkins with T14 gear.
    Right now some people with T15 gear uses this statspriority: Int > Hit (5100) > Haste (10289) > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    And Askmrrobot said this too to me I had to reforge my chest to mastery or something like that. But I just wanted to know why is that? Or I want to know when I need use this statspriority?

    Right now I'm using Int > Hit (5100) > Haste (10289) > Crit > Haste (post breakpoint) > Mastery
    The difference between them is going to be so small that it's not even worth discussing.

  13. #1013
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    No no Slippykins, I didn't mean for boomkins with T14 gear.
    Right now some people with T15 gear uses this statspriority: Int > Hit (5100) > Haste (10289) > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    And Askmrrobot said this too to me I had to reforge my chest to mastery or something like that. But I just wanted to know why is that? Or I want to know when I need use this statspriority?

    Right now I'm using Int > Hit (5100) > Haste (10289) > Crit > Haste (post breakpoint) > Mastery
    Ah ok, sorry I misinterpreted what you said - thought you were talking about the haste (5273) breakpoint priority system.

    As huth said, it's just preference past that point. If you really end up with the choice between haste and mastery, it's your call. In T16 it might be a bit different where one is above the other, but for now it wont make a difference.

  14. #1014
    Great guide! Thanks

  15. #1015
    Okay, yesterday I got 3 new gears.
    Askmrrobot is doing weird with my gear gemming/enchanting/reforging.
    After reading multiple times the guide from Slippykins about simcraft and wrathcals, I still don't understand how to work with it.

    So I'm trying to ask you all elitemoonkins to look if I gemmed/enchanted/reforged right or not? My gear can you see on my signature.
    Thank you very very much!

  16. #1016
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    Okay, yesterday I got 3 new gears.
    Askmrrobot is doing weird with my gear gemming/enchanting/reforging.
    After reading multiple times the guide from Slippykins about simcraft and wrathcals, I still don't understand how to work with it.

    So I'm trying to ask you all elitemoonkins to look if I gemmed/enchanted/reforged right or not? My gear can you see on my signature.
    Thank you very very much!
    Just change your legs enchant to Int+Crit,
    Shoulders: Change the gems to 1 reckless and 1 smooth.

    Change your wushoo trinket, if you have another, (16% hit).

  17. #1017
    Oh seems I was wrong with my enchant. :O
    But that shoulder, it's indeed better to use reckless and smooth.

    I can't change wushoo


    Thank you very much!

  18. #1018
    Just wondering if anyone can help me out with a macro. I want to it cast NS+HT on my mouseover if they are alive and NS+Rebirth if they are dead. From my small amount of knowledge of macro commands it should be doable but I have no idea how to make it.

  19. #1019
    Code:
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [@mouseover] Healing Touch
    /cast [@mouseover] Rebirth
    This should work as you can't Rebirth an alive player or Healing Touch a dead player.

  20. #1020
    Code:
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [@mouseover,nodead] Healing Touch
    /cast [@mouseover,dead] Rebirth

    Should work the same but prevent warning messages about invalid targets.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •