Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearowlkin View Post
    Slippy or Sunfyre, could you please correct the Leatherworking part? Since the Bracer Enchant from Enchanting gives 180 INT, so there is a 320 INT gain. I think there might be few newer Moonkins, who are confused or misguided by that, choosing their profession.
    Done and done! If anyone else catches stuff like that, let me know.

Just got a quick question about weapon choice. I have the option of:

Giorgio's Caduceus of Pure Moods Heroic
    or
    Ritual Dagger of the Mind's Eye Heroic TF
    Fetish of the Hydra Normal TF

The Dagger & Fetish, unless for some reason you absolutely need the hit from the staff (nearly missed the hit on the fetish, which in that case means the staff loses out on that too). The stat comparison is:

+580 Spellpower
    +41 Intellect (on account of the offhand +165 Int enchant)
    -4 Secondaries (you're just swapping haste for crit)
    -89 Spirit/Hit

Sorry to bombard my chicken friends with questions but I'm wondering what stats our Treants inherit from us. Is it just Haste/spellpower or do they also benefit from damage modifiers such as Eclipse or Celestial Alignment? Also where can I find a spreadsheet of all our haste breakpoints including things such as Bloodlust/Berserking/Meta

Haste, Spellpower, Crit and health. They do not inherit any buffs, but they do inherit buffed values of those 4 stats.

There's only two relevant breakpoints, 5.7k and 10.3k.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's only two relevant breakpoints, 5.7k and 10.3k.
    I wasn't really thinking for general use, maybe fights like Durumu where the 2nd set of Ice walls are up with Inc, CA and Berserking and if there would be an extra breakpoint which could make a sizable damage increase to consider it worthwhile when going for high parses.

Hey guys, I've been testing out the treants on a couple of fights and I'm not sure if I'm using them correctly. I pop all three with CA up at the opener and then hit however many are up each time I hit an eclipse. Is that the correct usage? Or should I be saving them up to drop a group of them together?

Quote Originally Posted by Othinsson View Post
    Hey guys, I've been testing out the treants on a couple of fights and I'm not sure if I'm using them correctly. I pop all three with CA up at the opener and then hit however many are up each time I hit an eclipse. Is that the correct usage? Or should I be saving them up to drop a group of them together?
    If not mistaken you should use them with minimum Meta+NG up. If you can align them with extra Intel procs then it's much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the guide being updated for 5.4?
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Othinsson View Post
    Try to use them with as many procs(including NG) as is feasible, but don't let them stack up to 3. Eclipse itself doesn't do anything for them.

Thanks for the info, Huth and Juvencus!

Deleted
    hello all d00mchikens!, have a begginer question, have read the guide but i still dont understand how i should do if i get a trinket proc, for exampe as a destro loc when my trinkets proc i would unload my chaosbolts, but as a boomkin how would i react due too i dont know on which side i am during solar/lunar cycle ?

or do you guys get close to an eclipse and just wait until a proc and then go in to a solar or lunar proc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Breflabb View Post
    hello all d00mchikens!, have a begginer question, have read the guide but i still dont understand how i should do if i get a trinket proc, for exampe as a destro loc when my trinkets proc i would unload my chaosbolts, but as a boomkin how would i react due too i dont know on which side i am during solar/lunar cycle ?

or do you guys get close to an eclipse and just wait until a proc and then go in to a solar or lunar proc ?
    You should never stop and wait for a proc, an essential part of your DPS is keeping up Nature's Grace (and so not moving the eclipse bar prevents that), and in order to keep outside of an eclipse you would have to keep up 2 uneclipsed DoTs and cast the wrong nuke.

The way you should do it is take into consideration the remaining time on your DoTs and the amount/size of the procs you have and choose to reapply DoTs or not. There is no one correct answer here, as there are way too many things affecting it. Sometimes you can re-DoT with procs if they're about to expire, and you should always time your treants around procs if you're playing FoN, but that's it really.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    You should never stop and wait for a proc, an essential part of your DPS is keeping up Nature's Grace (and so not moving the eclipse bar prevents that), and in order to keep outside of an eclipse you would have to keep up 2 uneclipsed DoTs and cast the wrong nuke.

The way you should do it is take into consideration the remaining time on your DoTs and the amount/size of the procs you have and choose to reapply DoTs or not. There is no one correct answer here, as there are way too many things affecting it. Sometimes you can re-DoT with procs if they're about to expire, and you should always time your treants around procs if you're playing FoN, but that's it really.
    aha i see, so its more like affliction gameplay then, do you have any good addon to track the DoTs strength ?

thank you for the fast answer!

aha i see, so its more like affliction gameplay then, do you have any good addon to track the DoTs strength ?

thank you for the fast answer!
    AffDots has a Balance plug in that is simple and quite nice for it. Do keep in mind it does not tell you when to re-DoT, but rather how much stronger/weaker a new DoT would be in comparison to the old one.

Deleted
    AffDots has a Balance plug in that is simple and quite nice for it. Do keep in mind it does not tell you when to re-DoT, but rather how much stronger/weaker a new DoT would be in comparison to the old one.
    thank you Zareth!, gone download as soon im back from work

thank you Zareth!, gone download as soon im back from work
    I wouldn't Moonkin dots aren't strong enough to warrant re-dotting when trinkets proc in most cases. It's not like the affliction playstyle.

The main thing you want to react to is lining up your trees, or Incarnation & CA, with a meta + int procs. 20 second procs are specially good for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    I wouldn't Moonkin dots aren't strong enough to warrant re-dotting when trinkets proc in most cases. It's not like the affliction playstyle.

The main thing you want to react to is lining up your trees, or Incarnation & CA, with a meta + int procs. 20 second procs are specially good for this.
    Sure, you wouldn't refresh DoTs after 2-3 seconds if you get good procs, but that doesn't mean DoT refreshing a second earlier or later when they expire won't be a DPS increase if you align it with procs.

Deleted
    Sure, you wouldn't refresh DoTs after 2-3 seconds if you get good procs, but that doesn't mean DoT refreshing a second earlier or later when they expire won't be a DPS increase if you align it with procs.
    But an addon will likely lead to bad play rather than effectively making that split decision yourself. I'm pretty jubvious an addon can superceed player instinct/skill in split second situations.

It's fairly obvious to me that clipping your dots early with several procs like trinket, NG and Meta is going to be better than letting them expire and then reapplying them without said procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    But an addon will likely lead to bad play rather than effectively making that split decision yourself. I'm pretty jubvious an addon can superceed player instinct/skill in split second situations.

It's fairly obvious to me that clipping your dots early with several procs like trinket, NG and Meta is going to be better than letting them expire and then reapplying them without said procs.
    Don't get me wrong; I'm not following the AddOn blindly. I have it on my screen so that I can glance over to check just how much better/worse reapplying DoTs would be. It won't play the game for you, it's a tool you can use. In the midst of a fight where there might be a whole lot of stuff going on and you may not remember just what you had active when you DoTed, the AddOn makes it easier to check the strengths of your DoTs. I.e. DoTing on the move and so on.

I don't think having more information about your spells is a bad thing (unless it's a bloat).