10+ Year Old Account

P8P67 VGA LED and Boot Device LED

So, in what appears to have been a stupid decision, when i replaced my motherboard, I went for the P8P67 pro, everything hooked up correctly etc, VGA LED lights up .. shit, so i take it out, reseat it, just to be sure, again, and again, I reseat it again works fine, passes through the VGA LED (posting leds), then hangs on the boot device (i've got a dvd, ssd and hdd drives hooked up), screen says press Delete to enter bios .. doesn't work, keyboard has power, still won't work.

Done all the usual crap, 1 ram, multiple slots, it's a p67 so i can't try it without the graphics card else i just get the led anyway, tried all the sata ports/cables in combinations of all of them moving around between the 3gig and 6 gig the intel and marvell, try using them one at a time, try using none.

Now, the irritating thing is, 50-75% of the time, when i reboot i get the VGA LED, if i've loaded through to the Boot Device LED i'll reset it and it'll lock up on the VGA LED.

I've tried an empty system, motherboard on the table, components in one by one, still hanging on VGA LED, then if it does get past it, hanging on Boot Device LED.

If it wasn't only a few hours old and I was rich, i'd get hold of this fracking motherboard and smash it against the wall.

(I've only got this GFX card and can't really get hold of another, but this card worked fine in the system on the previous motherboard, and I've googled the issues and seen people swap to a different graphics card and it works fine, then put their previous one and it hangs, even though the previous one still works in their new system.)

So I'm kind of at a loss, another dead motherboard I should RMA or has anyone found a fix/had a similar problem?

/cry

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar adventure recently. Remember when I put the P8Z68 Deluxe in and was met by the same shorting behavior as I had with my recently broken P8P67 EVO (that board WAS broken though). I was frustrated as hell until I found my culprit! :P

Going to sound similar to my suggestion about troubleshooting your P8P67 LE, and that is CLR_RTC switch + remove battery. Corrupt CMOS was an issue some had with early revisions of the P8P67's and it lead to red VGA LED on the x16 slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    even though it's annew mobo, i did that too, did the cmos clear a couple of times, no dice, so popped the battery, will pop it out for a few hours, see if it makes any difference /sigh, getting sick of asus now, these p8p67s just seem so terribly prone to problems

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be possible that your CPU went bad since it was in an accident. Though I'm not sure about the characteristics, feels like you should have issues with the CPU_LED then.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, post is cpu led > green, ram led > green (pulled out the sticks of ram and got a beep code for no ram), vga led > red most of the times for unknown reasons, if the vga led goes green then boot device goes red, never got past boot device yet, or into bios >.>