10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    Well, we started college and that's when so to say shit hit the fan. We scattered out too much, the daily routine of meeting up for a bike session, jamming with the band and just hanging started to wear out. Some had to catch up for bad grades while others had exhausting amounts of homework. I got caught in wow the year of 2005 (and yes, I'm blaming a piece of the current situation on it, but not all).
    Usually when I got home after being out with friends, I came in for raids and mostly minutes before invites. This then escalated as we started to grow appart amongst friends, I grew tired of others not wanting to do anything anymore and instead I found my place in wow.

However, I always had my best friend and a few others closeby, always have had. I'm perfectly fine with it, but I'm the one that loves a great sea of friends.. so this has been really tough. The friend of mine that had to medicate himself was the sportser in the group, he was always the positive go-getter.. now he is a overweight pothead (no offence, I smoke my joint occasionally aswell, but he sits ontop of the bong all day just to kill time). It's quite sad really.

Why do people not get together anymore? Is it just too hard to find new people? I understand if you do not get out of your house if youre unemployed, sick or for some other reason not getting any social activities on a basis. When we were young, we had tonnes of meeting places. Some of those are ofcourse gone now, due to school cutbacks (the cafeteria that was open 17:00 > 21:00, pooltables, dart and such).
    Well when you're a socially awkward shut in with a hate for humanity its kind is hard to think of any incentive or even have any to begin with. My hatred sstems from those that wish for a social life in which it manages to harm others most of the time. The method at which they wish to achieve it is usually not desireable.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The fuck is wrong with them.
    Bystander effect in tandem with mob psychology

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    You can't please everyone. People should be able to stand being offended once in a while, but unfortunately, most do not.
    Body language and the way you say things(assuming you mean actual speaking) also plays a big part, not just word choice.
    Well, that's the reason I'm silent 90% of the time in public places. I'm a lot more talkative on the internet, but even through text I manage to offend people, although it's difficult to convey tone and sarcasm through text and I always forget to add something like /sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    He probably didn't really care. He hated Bob so I'd imagine that he tried to get sympathy from his mom/whatever friends he/she have left and went back to playing video games and masturbating.
    Sounds logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... my hate for humanity grows every second.... whoo

Deleted
    Hmmm... my hate for humanity grows every second... whoo
    The club, welcome to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Sounds logical.
    Im confused
    were you two talking about chris chan or is there another chris Im missing

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    The club, welcome to it.
    ^^^^^
    People are deplorable, and they only seem to get worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The club, welcome to it.
    You mean i wasnt a part of it begin with... *sadface*

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when you're a socially awkward shut in with a hate for humanity its kind is hard to think of any incentive or even have any to begin with. My hatred sstems from those that wish for a social life in which it manages to harm others most of the time. The method at which they wish to achieve it is usually not desireable.
    I'll say this much - it's hard to do something without pissing off or hurting someone else in the process. Sad thing about it is that some revel in this.

Are they known for doing shit there too? Thought it was just here.
    Moldavians and Romanians...

Long story short, yes.

Hmmm... my hate for humanity grows every second.... whoo
    Thought it was already at max level. Anyway, I thought college was the best time for you -- no, anyone, to regain his/her faith in humanity?
    Last edited by Coffer; 2011-10-27 at 12:41 AM.

Deleted
    ^^^^^
    This is one of the reasons I am fine with being alone and having next to not contact with anyone outside of my close circle of family and friends; if I was out there being socially active... I wouldn't be out there no longer.

Enough said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've been in this situation aswell, especially in college. Went from the safety of having fifteen others to hang with EVERY SINGLE DAY since before kindergarten into a new school, new enviroment and new people.. other than two arses that went in my previous school. Typical our class vs theirs and they were the only ones to hang out with the first week before getting to know people. Meh.. I got away from that and I'am an extremely social person.
    However, you really need strong incentives to get out and meet people nowadays. Either you have to sign up for some sports activities, bookclubs, get into a routine of a job or education. There's really no hang outs anymore, other than someone who has managed to get a house.

Backlash and backside of the technical revolution I guess. Will be quite interesting to see how this evolves,
    but I'd wish to be born in the 70s instead of the 90s, truth be told.

^^^^^
    Which is why crime, racism, the slave trade, and war has gone down, as well as murder over the centuries, and social acceptance for say, homosexuality as an example has gone up
    People are just emotionally stunted till their mid 20s usually, that's it.

Deleted
    You mean i wasnt a part of it begin with... *sadface*
    Oh no, you were, don't be sad. I was just giving you a posthumus-welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Moldavians and Romanians...

Long story short, yes.
    Yeah, I catch your drift. That explains a lot.

This is one of the reasons I am fine with being alone and having next to not contact with anyone outside of my close circle of family and friends; if I was out there being socially active... I wouldn't be out there no longer.

[video=youtube;-JFLLlQftFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFLLlQftFU[video]

Enough said.
    Charles Manson says it well. Skelington isn't even close to his family though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    Backlash and backside of the technical revolution I guess. Will be quite interesting to see how this evolves,
    but I'd wish to be born in the 70s instead of the 90s, truth be told.
    It would have probably been nicer than growing up in a world of this technology in its own regards. But Skelington like his internet and video games. People will likely continue to grow more distant, as technology may eventually eliminate the need for face to face interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Which is why crime, racism, the slave trade, and war has gone down, as well as murder over the centuries, and social acceptance for say, homosexuality as an example has gone up
    People are just emotionally stunted till their mid 20s usually, that's it.
    And yet people are still complete assholes, well beyond their 20s.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2011-10-27 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all that many are, though. At least in comparison to those still in their late teens/early twenties.

Deleted
    Charles Manson says it well. Skelington isn't even close to his family though.
    Manson may be one crazy motherfucker but some of the stuff he says could not be more spot on. And yeah, I'm not very close to mine either, just my brother and my mother, basically.

Not most, some, a few really.
    You can win 20 games and have 1 really bad lose, the 20 wins will be overrun by the 1 bad loss
    People see what they want to see in people

Deleted
    Reason there are more teenagers being total asswipes rather than grown men and women is because there are actual consequences for the latter. Really bad people will be bad all their life, there are good kids that grow to be horrible citizens. They'll just adapt to what society views as acceptable behavior according to their age; you see kids bothering bums and the homeless, beating their peers, you don't hear about doctors abusing patients and parents beating their kids. Still there, they just shift their forms and hide it better because they have to else they'll go to jail unlike when they were 16.

I'm not saying people can't change, they can, I think anyone can do anything (within the possible/plausible) long as they want it to happen.

Reason there are more teenagers being total asswipes rather than grown men and women is because there are actual consequences for the latter. Really bad people will be bad all their life, there are good kids that grow to be horrible citizens. They'll just adapt to what society views as acceptable behavior according to their age; you see kids bothering bums and the homeless, beating their peers, you don't hear about doctors abusing patients and parents beating their kids. Still there, they just shift their forms and hide it better because they have to else they'll go to jail unlike when they were 16.

I'm not saying people can't change, they can, I think anyone can do anything (within the possible/plausible) long as they want it to happen.
    Its an aspect of it, but it isnt just that. You know how some people need to mature to learn how to be in a long term relationship?
    More or less the same deal when transitioning to an adult in general

Sure assholes will always exist, but as I said
    You can win 20 games and have 1 really bad lose, the 20 wins will be overrun by the 1 bad loss