Well I have came across some information about SMS broadcast which really caught my attetion. So I decided to look further into the topic but I found it really hard to find information on it. I found some youtube videos of people showing a practical use of SMS Broadcast but thats really all i could find on the subject.

The Legitimacy of the video is irrelevant as it is just showing a possible use of SMS-CB.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nku1w-DQhHU

For those new to the subject(Pulled from Wiki):
Cell Broadcast (CB) messaging is a mobile technology feature defined by the ETSI’s GSM committee and is part of the GSM standard. It is also known as Short message service-Cell Broadcast (SMS-CB).

Cell Broadcast is designed for simultaneous delivery of messages to multiple users in a specified area. Whereas the Short Message Service-Point to Point (SMS-PP) is a one-to-one and one-to-a-few service, Cell Broadcast is a one-to-many geographically focused messaging service. Cell Broadcast messaging is also supported by UMTS, as defined by 3GPP.

If anyone has more information on the subject / a place to get more information it would be greatly appreciated. I have spent hours looking through search engines and have yet to turn up anything on how exactly this process is done.