Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I'm not certain if I'm more distraught by the idea that people read that post thoroughly and didn't catch the satire, that they didn't read the post thoroughly and responded anyway, or that they did any combination of the above and entirely failed to read any other post in this thread. Truly, this is sad. I would like to encourage people to read the thread before they respond, so they keep themselves from looking foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    They can't make up their mind becuase IT HAS NEVER COLLAPSED. geez....
    Alright, perhaps this has all been too complicated for you to grasp, so let me be astonishingly blunt:

The OP is a satirical piece poking fun at the ideas and arguments behind YEC (Young Earth Creationism.) It parodies those arguments to suggest that the Maelstrom is young. The whole point of the satire is that the arguments are ridiculous, which reveals that they're ridiculous in their alternative and original usage. That's what satire does. The usage of the acronym YMCA should probably have been a hint that you were not intended to take the post seriously. That you continue to do so, when this issue has been discussed for the majority of the past 6 pages, shows a startling lack of reading comprehension. Please stop responding like it's a serious argument you're supposed to rebut. It's embarrassing.
    Last edited by Tartilus; 2011-09-29 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    Please read the other comments... he is not being serious about thinking Deathwing created the Maelstrom, he even points out in the OP, that he is aware of the lore saying otherwise. This is a parody to creationalism (or whatever it's called ), not a serious topic about Deathwing and the Maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Lol, what? Don't bring that atrocious 'science' argument into this. Christians believe what they *we* believe based on a source, just like you believe the universe exploded *lol* into existence based on your source.
    You "lol" at that thoery? Yeah an old man sitting up there throwing lightning when ever he wants sounds good too right? I don't respect thoerys about religion, but I act like I do in general, no need to throw in a lol there its just insulting. Yes i'll stop my religion talk mr. mod.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Please read the other comments... he is not being serious about thinking Deathwing created the Maelstrom, he even points out in the OP, that he is aware of the lore saying otherwise. This is a parody to creationalism (or whatever it's called ), not a serious topic about Deathwing and the Maelstrom.
    Then he should get banned, it's not even fun its BS

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post

Then he should get banned, it's not even fun its BS
    Others disagree, including a moderator. I, for instance, think it's a brilliant little piece of humor, and I appreciate it greatly. I invite you to not-laugh elsewhere.

This thread should be required reading before getting a forum account, as a basic primer for how to not make yourself look like an ass.

I'll try to make it clearer so you don't hurt yourself. If you found yourself getting angry at this thread, then you simply aren't as bright as you think you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    It was so obvious after the "YMCA" yet it made me want to rage nonetheless. Excellent. /tents fingers

Heh. I agree with the OP. I've stopped trying to make heads or tails of the lore since around WotLK time. Worgen are druids? The maelstrom is where deathwing emerged? Knaak? Yeah. Lore has been killed, necrophili-ated, resurrected, eaten alive, pooped out, and buried again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    To clarify, he's satirizing the argument of creationists versus evolutionists in an outrageous, ridiculous manner that is by nature not something people ought to take seriously.
    Politics and religion has no place in the General topic in the first place. Not to mention most of the thread is trolling. This isn't the off topic forums. Section 2 of the general forum rules covers this. It can be said to violate section 3 because satire of politics and religion isn't a WoW related topic. Creating a satire of a subject not related to WoW then defending it multiple times can also be argued to be causing unrest on the forum which falls under the trolling category.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Politics and religion has no place in the General topic in the first place. Not to mention most of the thread is trolling. This isn't the off topic forums. Section 2 of the general forum rules covers this. It can be said to violate section 3 because satire of politics and religion isn't a WoW related topic. Creating a satire of a subject not related to WoW then defending it multiple times can also be argued to be causing unrest on the forum which falls under the trolling category.

Most of the thread is about how they are trolling or wrong, or an idiot. I guess it is true though that forum breaking is okay if you have the favor of mods.
    So, in other words, you didn't get it, it made you feel like a twit, and so now you are against it...
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

Most of the thread is about how they are trolling or wrong, or an idiot. I guess it is true though that forum breaking is okay if you have the favor of mods.
    It's WoW-related humor, it's in GD all the time. There's precedent. Also, enough people are being reasonable about it not to lock it just yet.

Successful troll is successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    All those fossil fragments scattered across azeroth?

Placed there by Sargaras to deceive us.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Religion trolling.

Closed.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines