Thread: Enh vs Ele 4.3

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Enh vs Ele 4.3

so what is gonna be the better dps spec for pve ele or enh?
    i'm not so much in to PvE right now but ill try to gear up before 4.3
    so plz help

Nobody knows for sure yet.
    Sets and class changes are always juggled while on PTR, some set bonuses have already been changed.

Any prognoses can be changed overnight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I suppose that depends on what your definition of "better" is.

Theoretical max dps potential?
    Gameplay mechanics?
    Armor color? (hah?)

Personally-speaking, the better spec is the one that I find more fun. But, there's just one problem with that, though: I find all 3 specializations fun, and I can only have 2 at any given time.. lol

Deleted
    True.... well thx anyway i guess i just have to w8 and see then

ENhancement def. wins in terms of fun factor.

Most likely ele as blizzard has a tendency to screw over melee in encounter design. That said though I will keep an enh set around in case enh happens to be better than ele + a dragonwrath.

I usually stick to what I wanted when I started leveling. I'm not inclined to change an entire set because the DPS is higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Most likely ele as blizzard has a tendency to screw over melee in encounter design. That said though I will keep an enh set around in case enh happens to be better than ele + a dragonwrath.
    That extra 10% attackpower buff will most likely put enhancer ahead in theoretical max DPS, but elemental will be stronger on those encounters, that are ranged friendly.

I think you should go with what you like most and what is more needed. If your guild already has many ranged and a warlock and no hunter, i would definetely go enhancer. If you have many melees or so, i'd definetely go ele. And if your guild has use for both options, just choose, what you like more. I suppose, in the end, both speccs will be balanced like mentionned above.

i have one thing to say windfury

u get a huge tornado of awesome around ur character and u still cast spells with MW plus ur offset gear is hunter gear which looks badass as ele u get resto looking offset pieces

but lighting bolts getting a new graphic so that might make alot of people flock to ele

Quote Originally Posted by Chicco View Post
    True.... well thx anyway i guess i just have to w8 and see then
    Yeah.

(Also. "w8". Do you happen to know Vriska? )

Considering Blizzard is putting a melee-specific buff in to Dragon Soul so that melee specs will be able to compete with ranged specs, I don't think it'll matter either way, assuming you're good at both.

I suck eggs at Ele, therefore I'm Enh.
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    Considering Blizzard is putting a melee-specific buff in to Dragon Soul so that melee specs will be able to compete with ranged specs, I don't think it'll matter either way, assuming you're good at both.

I suck eggs at Ele, therefore I'm Enh.
    That buff was already. There will be no extra buff in the raid, it's just that they now get 20% attackpower instead of 10. Still, pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Rofl..... if he has a Dragonwrath Ele is going to be better for sure... That's not even debatable that legendary is powerfull as hell. Also if the guild hes in picked him to get the legendary there gonna make damn sure hes plaiyng ele.
    He seems like a more casual player so he's just gotta wait and see, but honestly as a casual player he should just play w/e he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    That buff was already. There will be no extra buff in the raid, it's just that they now get 20% attackpower instead of 10. Still, pretty nice.
    Pretty sure they specifically stated there would be a raid-specific buff for melee in Dragon Soul. Whatever, the buff still means the two specs should be pretty close to one-another.
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy elemental more, so it's better. See what I did? Now you try.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

I've raided at high levels as both specs. To be honest ranged has a different feel to melee completely in raids. In FL I much prefer being a melee, as I've got literally nothing to do except whack the boss until it dies, whereas ranged have a lot more duties on each boss. Given the choice I would probably play enhancement, but only barely ahead of elemental.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

In my opinion it´s more about what your raid NEEDS, which is why i´m atm gearing up my ele gear. We have 4 melee in my 10-man group, which is far from optimal. Aoe which has played alot more vital role in atleast Firelands usually benefits more ranged dps, and the fact that melee usually have it abit harder(go compare theoretical dps with raidbots if you won´t take my word for it), has pressed me into this direction.
    Still, no one can really know how the buff to melee will really affect overall damage charts, not to mention it´s only PTR atm, which means ALOT of things may still change both to Enha and Ele so... You guess is as good as mine. I´ll go with what benefits my raid more, but if it turns out that i play Enha alot better(which is my mainspec atm) then Ele, then i will most likely stay Enha.

Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Rofl..... if he has a Dragonwrath Ele is going to be better for sure... That's not even debatable that legendary is powerfull as hell. Also if the guild hes in picked him to get the legendary there gonna make damn sure hes plaiyng ele.
    He seems like a more casual player so he's just gotta wait and see, but honestly as a casual player he should just play w/e he wants.
    You missed this word "I" when reading my post. Go read it again.

Deleted
    they both fucking suck cock

[User was Infracted for this Post]
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-10-01 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any ele shaman with Dragonwrath? Wanted to see in vid a LvB mastery + dragonwrath proc. I can imagine it like old 2h Windfury crit proc, but more awesomner
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.