Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Your still not getting it...

    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It won't be possible to farm for gear as you will still only get 1 loot per boss per reset. I just want them to remove the part that says "whether you receive loot or not", it should be "when you recieve loot".
    Ok, but look here. If I join a raid right now for BWD or what-not and I don't win any rolls, does that mean I can go back any day this week and try to get another piece? No, because i'm raid locked. Same goes for LFR. Your not raid locked, your loot locked. Its great that we'll be able to queue for LFR all week (I think) even though we won't get gear. The experience will be invaluable because you'll be forced to know the raids inside and out. So tired of going into BwD and the raid not finishing, then hoping the raid leader decides to run it again sometime in the remainder of the week, only to discover that its Monday night, and the remainder of BwD is not going to happen. So correct me if i'm wrong: Instead of being "raid locked" your become "loot locked" once you down a boss in the LFR tool in 4.3? I see nothing wrong with that but yes Ninja looting *can* happen. Will it be a big deal for me, probably not. Why? Because its not like there aren't alternatives to LFR loot in 4.3. Just another option to "casually" play World of Warcraft and have something to do other than PVP but is better than running ZA/ZG until my eyes bleed!
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

  2. #42
    I think the only way to relate to this without losing your mind through frustration is to just remove the concept of MS>OS from your mind before you queue. We all know that out of 25 people, there's almost guaranteed to be people who'll Need roll on anything they can, that's just how it is.

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,061
    If LFR is allready dead I guess I'm all alone in it. But if I'm in it, it ain't dead? Paradox detected! <Mind blown.jpg here>
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something.
    - Plato

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Last I looked Wow is not GW2, it would be boring if you were guaranteed a piece of loot for every boss kill.
    Won't need to be guaranteed loot every time. Can do like they did with the seasonal bosses, give everyone a bag with a chance to drop something useful.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  5. #45
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,567
    I like the idea.

    Means I can do something more during the day, to perfect my tactic & strategy knowledge before I head off into my guilds raids.

  6. #46
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,723
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The loot system for the LFR tool is gonna be a nightmare. It seems like there's nothing stopping tanks rolling on dps gear, dps rolling on healing gear, healers rolling on tanking gear, etc etc. Add to that this quote:

    "This means that if you were present for the defeat of a boss, whether you receive loot or not, then you will automatically pass on loot that drops during later attempts on that boss during the same week."

    So basically you can get ninja'd from when someone takes for off spec, and then you're not capable of getting anything for a week... Wouldn't it make more sense to just say 1 loot per boss but only if you win something. So you can still spam raids until you finally get that 1 piece you wanted. I don't really see the point of having no lock out if theres no incentive to requeue.
    Another person looking for reasons for LFR to fail. You would have looting problems with ML as well. People are going to try to make this look like it's this massive problem. But it's not. LFR is for seeing content above all else. And while you're going to have a-holes, it isn't going to be the majority. So chill.

  7. #47
    Well their goes the incentive for good / good geared players to run it more than once. Can only inmagine what kind of clusterfuck lots of groups will be later in the week.

  8. #48
    LFR is great. Who cares if you can only roll on loot once per week? I don't - the raiders do, but they should stick to guild/pug runs IMO.

    I'd prefer if they make it so that raiders have absolutely no reason to join LFR, however there is still a reason - their loot doesn't drop in their guild run, they join LFR, lose roll to someone who wants it for off-spec, and start crying.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Isendar View Post
    Ok, but look here. If I join a raid right now for BWD or what-not and I don't win any rolls, does that mean I can go back any day this week and try to get another piece? No, because i'm raid locked. Same goes for LFR. Your not raid locked, your loot locked. Its great that we'll be able to queue for LFR all week (I think) even though we won't get gear. The experience will be invaluable because you'll be forced to know the raids inside and out. So tired of going into BwD and the raid not finishing, then hoping the raid leader decides to run it again sometime in the remainder of the week, only to discover that its Monday night, and the remainder of BwD is not going to happen. So correct me if i'm wrong: Instead of being "raid locked" your become "loot locked" once you down a boss in the LFR tool in 4.3? I see nothing wrong with that but yes Ninja looting *can* happen. Will it be a big deal for me, probably not. Why? Because its not like there aren't alternatives to LFR loot in 4.3. Just another option to "casually" play World of Warcraft and have something to do other than PVP but is better than running ZA/ZG until my eyes bleed!
    If you do a proper raid you are with players from your realm. If the leader ninja's an item he runs the risk of being labelled a ninja, and on low population servers this can pretty much ruin the game for him. The LFR is just random players with no deterent to not ninja something.

    Personally I don't actually raid for loot, however I despise ninja's because they are incredibly selfish and insulting to decent players. But I can see the bigger picture, that most casuals are loot obsessed. Just look at the QQ over the T11 helms and shoulders not being sold by a vendor in 4.2. Why do casuals spam heroics for VP? They do it for the loot, not for the fights they have been doing for months now.

    The loot that drops in the LFR is not serious, it's as cheap as the blues in heroic dungeons. The proper loot is from real raiding, as it should be. However, that doesn't really help that the LFR tool will only succeed if players are able to get something from it. It's neive to think most players want to see the content, they are just loot hungry. If you remove the loot incentive, and the lack of any kind of system to prevent ninja's, you have less players queueing.

  10. #50
    The Patient Straton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    271
    The loot rules are the same as normal raids... You kill a boss, the boss drops loot, you roll, you win or lose, and then you move on. Now why should you get a chance to do that boss again and get loot? That would be unfair compared to the normal system of loot distribution. You also get 250 vp at the end of each wing. Stop bitching OP.

  11. #51
    I don't see how people don't understand why you are not allowed to get more than one shot at loot per boss per week. Its very simple. If blizzard did not add this rule, people would simply join a group, down the first boss, see they didnt get any loot at all, and then leave the dungeon and requeue. The whole LFR system would become one giant spam the first boss fest, and leave the however many (3-5) people who got loot off that boss to continue on by themselves. People would eventually get tired of this and stop doing LFR knowing that the group would most likely fall apart at the first boss anyway.

    The system is actually very anti ninja. So the guy ninjas "random sword" there are 24 others of you with a vote kick button ready to go. The problem really happens when people go in there with a group of say 20, and then the 5 randoms dont get anything at all because the group is hitting need on everything and just trading the items to the person that actually wants it.

    I actually think this is a great opportunity for Blizzard to make their voice chat feature that was put into the game around T6 content of TBC to become a popular thing. Yeah nobody wants to hear the guy breathing into his mic all raid, but im sure if the content is at least a little bit challenging, people will want some form of chat, but I highly doubt most people will be willing to give out their personal vent info to 24 pugs from random servers.

    tl;dr
    Blizzards system is for the better, stop being all butt hurt about it, and be happy that you get to see the content anyway. I mean really, if you are a person who is in a raiding guild, chances are you will not want the gear from these runs anyway.
    Custom signature requests: CLOSED | PLEASE DO NOT PM ME FOR REQUESTS!

  12. #52
    Pit Lord Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,480
    U people also QQed this about the LFD tool (actualy about everything released since wow), but still it works nice.

    And yes, also with 25 people things can get organized, if someone can be a strong leader.

    I welcome this 'extra' functionality, i mean, i hope you will never try it, since it fails already.

    But when patch arrives we be seeing u in one of the first LFR QQ about epix u want .. lolololol.
    Playing MMO's since 1997 ®
    Ultima Online > Everquest > Dark Age of Camelot > Lineage 2 > World of Warcraft.
    In between ofcourse all the other MMOs u can name. Those above spend atleast 1 year.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    I like the idea.

    Means I can do something more during the day, to perfect my tactic & strategy knowledge before I head off into my guilds raids.
    You want to learn from an encounter that is a nerfed version of the real one, that probably has some mechanics removed to make it more pug friendly. GL with that.

  14. #54
    Personally I'm going to be using it PLENTY on my alts. They are desperate for upgrades since we dont do alt runs. I think Raid finder will be pretty simmilar to the dungeon finder, in that sure, you will occasionally end up in a group that disbands after 2 wipes on the first boss, but in 80-90% of the cases, you get a mediocre group that will clear the whole place eventually, with a bit of pantience and constructive criticizm

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Another person looking for reasons for LFR to fail. You would have looting problems with ML as well. People are going to try to make this look like it's this massive problem. But it's not. LFR is for seeing content above all else. And while you're going to have a-holes, it isn't going to be the majority. So chill.
    Didn't ask for a master looter, as I know this player will most likely take stuff. I want a system that puts loot into categories and you can only roll based on your role in the raid. Not too hard to implement and would save Blizzard a shit load of tickets.

  16. #56
    Grunt Lykketroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The epic land of Northern Norway.
    Posts
    12
    This is going to be great!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Straton View Post
    The loot rules are the same as normal raids... You kill a boss, the boss drops loot, you roll, you win or lose, and then you move on. Now why should you get a chance to do that boss again and get loot? That would be unfair compared to the normal system of loot distribution. You also get 250 vp at the end of each wing. Stop bitching OP.
    Ninja in a normal raid and your life can be made hell. Ninja in a random group and you get away with it. Simple.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It won't be possible to farm for gear as you will still only get 1 loot per boss per reset. I just want them to remove the part that says "whether you receive loot or not", it should be "when you recieve loot".
    So what you are saying is: I want to be able to get 8 peices of gear the first week of patch 4.3. Don't you see a big flaw in what you propose? Be glad that Blizzard even makes this LFR lol faceroll mode of an abomination. Now you are able to see the content wether it be you can't dedicate time to raid with your guild or cos you are not skille enough to take on normal/heroic. To me it seems you aren't that interrested in actually see the content. You just want to be able to farm gear as quickly as possible.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The loot system for the LFR tool is gonna be a nightmare. It seems like there's nothing stopping tanks rolling on dps gear, dps rolling on healing gear, healers rolling on tanking gear, etc etc. Add to that this quote:

    "This means that if you were present for the defeat of a boss, whether you receive loot or not, then you will automatically pass on loot that drops during later attempts on that boss during the same week."

    So basically you can get ninja'd from when someone takes for off spec, and then you're not capable of getting anything for a week... Wouldn't it make more sense to just say 1 loot per boss but only if you win something. So you can still spam raids until you finally get that 1 piece you wanted. I don't really see the point of having no lock out if theres no incentive to requeue.
    I know. It is so insane. They've stated on their forums in threads past that they like the way the horrible loot system works in 5mans. They apparently think it is wonderful enough to put into a raid environment. It's nuts how out of touch someone, somewhere, is with this.

    I am a hunter and in the 5mans, I can roll need on one hander tank swords, strength rings and trinkets, expertise daggers. The platemail-wearer situation is almost as bad, with no respect whatsoever given by the system for the role of the player in the group.

    It's mind-boggling to me that anyone would put this much work a dungeon finder system and NOW a raid finder system, and let both have a loot management system this bad.
    I Hate Pandaland.
    Youtube WOW Videos Site

  20. #60
    Up until 4.3 you didnt have the LFR and your only option (if you were so casual you didnt have a guild to raid) was to PUG. In PUGS there was always ninjas, dishonest Raid leaders, reserved items, people who had no clue, etc. Now in 4.3 you have an easier way to get into raids than to spam trade, but with the same retarded and dishonest people, nothing changed its just easier (and fast) to get into those PUGs. There is no way you can QQ about something made better... no way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •