Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zordayn View Post
    Why do you feel that hybrid item is only intended for you to roll on it? MS > OS is not a blizzard enforced rule. If you don't like it you can still put together raid groups on your server where you can make your own loot rules, or maybe even hmm i dont know... join a guild that has loot rules that you like?
    I do, and i will continue to run guild runs, tho for alts, it COULD be a good addition to gear up.
    Why do i feel i have priorty on gear, that is intended for the spec i joined as, over someone who might not even play the same role as i am ??

Do i even have to answer that ?? lol...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Unfortunently, because it is basically the same thing, that means you are going to have to stick to the hard-coded loot rules. They arn't going to make some amazing, unbiased and fair loot system just for LFR.
    Well that's a damn shame because it's the one thing that seperates me from queueing as tank or as DPS. DPS = more relaxing, same chance at tank&dps loot as i would have if i go as tank.

No lockout means if you don't get the item you want, you can requeue.
    You can requeue, yes, but you have only one chance per week per boss of even rolling on any gear. The first time you down a boss through the LFR system you can roll if there's stuff you can roll on, the second time you down it you will automatically pass on everything.

I am not really sure what LFR supporters that suddenly don't like the fact that they have to roll against other people were expecting. They could have easily made it like a training mission that just rewards gold and VP.
    We had expected Blizzard to have learned from the ridiculous LFG queue times for DPSers and how little of an impact the call-to-arms thingie had, and how the current 30min queue time for LFG would translate to a LFR system. We had hoped Blizzard would finally allow players to play with the lootrules they feel most fair (prio to people filling that role) opposed to once again catering to the needs of casual players who want to be able to roll on any gear for any spec their class can fill, even if they've never even filled that roll in all of their char's existance. Silly us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Nevermind... As I can see MMOC is full of internet tough guys that have no real arguements, just disagree for the sake of disagreeing. I have a valid point, and once 4.3 hits you'll all be wishing Blizzard changed the system when there's shit loads of QQ posts about items being ninja'd.
    Wow...
    Where are the 'internet tough guys' you're talking about? Did someone threaten you or brag about their physical prowess? You have 4 pages of a handful of people agreeing with you, and a lot not agreeing. What makes your opinion more valid than anyone else? You don't like it, they do. Not that big of a deal really. Your opinion of a 'valid point' is just that: your opinion. There is shit loads of QQ, right now, today, about this feature (read back to the first post in this thread *cough*) but it's mostly unfounded, as the feature isn't in place yet. And lastly, I have a link for you.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Nevermind... As I can see MMOC is full of internet tough guys that have no real arguements, just disagree for the sake of disagreeing. I have a valid point, and once 4.3 hits you'll all be wishing Blizzard changed the system when there's shit loads of QQ posts about items being ninja'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Either way, in its current state,i wont even bother my alts to run that abomination of a extremely poor idea...
    Cool, don't. We won't miss you whining. And if you really think ninjas are rare in server based pugs you are dreaming. Not only that, but on the several servers I play on, not only does no one in trade give a damn when Whinyhealbot calls out PewPewMage for being a ninja, but actually starts bashing the accuser, usually with the fairly logical line "if you are pugging with a master looter you don't know you deserve to have your shit ninja'd"

10+ Year Old Account
    as a warlock - and a raid leader - i won't use this stupid lfr thingamajig. 1 time maybe, but then never again.

what a good time it will be to be lumped in with 24 other strangers! oh man! disc priests who need roll on say, a cloth belt with haste and mastery - and with no spirit - because blizzard is terrible about itemization (see: firelands); feral dps druid who need rolls on int trinket with mastery for his boomkin os while he's obv a kitty; frost dk need rolling on tank shit, etc etc etc.

druids in particular have the ability to bend people over and buttfuck them without a reach around with need rolls on everything, simply due to the fact that they can fill 4 different roles.

within our guild, the decision has been that we'll take our 10 man and any extra guildies who are on - bench ppl, standbys etc - que for it 1 time just for the lulz, and likely never return unless we are bored and want to play alts.

looking forward to pvp heroes rocking full ruthless trying to tank deathwing. fraps + foreigner + youtube inc.

edit: the druid comment is a prime example of why merging spell power with healing stats during wotlk was a bad idea. homogenization in general makes this entire discussion possible. gg blizz.
    Last edited by helheim; 2011-09-30 at 01:27 PM.
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

Yes it's not the same as normal raids. There is no lock out. Why is there no lock out if there is no incentive to requeue once you have cleared it?
    So that if your group falls apart, you can requeue and still get loot off the bosses you haven't downed yet.

Also: if a guild queues as a group, they can rotate through new people and divert the loot to them. The repeaters can't get the loot, but they can still help down bosses for those who can.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    So it is the loot you are after, not seeing the content. I get it
    You say that like it's a bad thing. He is not asking to get the loot easier than the intended difficulty. He just wants to be able to put in more time to possibly yield more result.

Whatever you may think of people like that fact is he does have a valid point. If random heroics only dropped loot once a week dps would have queues that would make their eyeballs bleed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Help your friends, better learn fight, bored. That'd be enough incentive for me to go back into a raid a second time a week...
    Also probably many pugs will not finish raids easy. So probably raid will fall apart or you will leave to get a better group. That will make you requeue and maybe do the bosses you down before again. With luck you have them down allready.
    Also if you queue and go direct to DW fight and kill him. You will requeue to do 1st bosses to get the loot you need.

Only one raid will be on LFR so I bet blizz will have restrictions on loot because is easy to set some rools Like Plate can't roll on that sp sword or on cloth. Things like only druids can need on leather with intelec will be implemented for sure.
    Or mages and locks can't roll on spirit cloth. The same thing can be made for healers can't need on hit stuff.
    A nice thing to implent is like extra botton.
    Need, Offspec, greed, DE.
    You need ffor main spec, need for offspec and greed if you don't need but don't want to DE.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a healer, I've seen the upsets of DPS like Boomkins, Spriests, and Ele Shamans needing on healer gear due to Spirit = hit. And also tanks needing on dps or even healer gear for offspec.

However being on the PTR, I can already say I won't do any of the new instances through LFR because I feel more comfortable raiding with my guild. If you don't like pugging, or lfg, don't do it at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinofcancer View Post
    Cool, don't. We won't miss you whining. And if you really think ninjas are rare in server based pugs you are dreaming. Not only that, but on the several servers I play on, not only does no one in trade give a damn when Whinyhealbot calls out PewPewMage for being a ninja, but actually starts bashing the accuser, usually with the fairly logical line "if you are pugging with a master looter you don't know you deserve to have your shit ninja'd"
    Sad to hear your realm is in such a poor state, mine, however, is not
    I mean, i run 2-3 alts trough fl each week, so far, haven't seen a ninja since patch 4.1.
    Call out a ninja with proof on my realm (eu auchindoun) you easily get people kicked from guilds etc.

And you might not miss my whining, or even other peoples, you will however hate the que times for missing tanks/healers, then when you do get em, you'll find out its the same people who took the "wrong" loot and is now trying out to heal/tank, ye...good luck, have fun with that

Deleted
    What a lot of people here dont seem to understand is that the essence is NOT "what do you feel are the best/fairest loot rules".

The essence is "Why the hell would anyone be willing to tank or heal for wipe/flamefests most of these raids will be, if they can just aswell dps, have a more relaxed time, and have exactly the same chance at exactly the same loot they would if they were tanking/healing, and if there really is no reason to tank or heal and everyone will only queue as DPS, how realistic is it to join a LFR queue and not be waiting for a few hours only to be grouped with a dk who wants to try out if dual-wield tanking really is not viable?".

What's most appealing? A loot system where everyone rolls on anything they can equip and as such queue times of a few hours, or a loot system that gives priority to people filling that roll, encouraging tanks & healers to join as tank or healer?
    Last edited by mmoc89e4f4f7a6; 2011-09-30 at 01:30 PM.

It won't be possible to farm for gear as you will still only get 1 loot per boss per reset. I just want them to remove the part that says "whether you receive loot or not", it should be "when you recieve loot".
    Yes, that way you can run it over and over again until you receive loot. o.O Because that happens in non-lfr raids, correct? Find something else to complain about, you'll get no sympathy here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerzhak View Post
    U people also QQed this about the LFD tool (actualy about everything released since wow), but still it works nice.

And yes, also with 25 people things can get organized, if someone can be a strong leader.

I welcome this 'extra' functionality, i mean, i hope you will never try it, since it fails already.

But when patch arrives we be seeing u in one of the first LFR QQ about epix u want .. lolololol.
    'U people?' You don't see to realise the concept of an open internet forum, there are thousands of people posting on here. Some like red, some like blue, some like cake, some like fish. In the same fashion, some people will like a new direction/implementation done by Blizzard, some won't. If some don't have the same view as you, just ignore it. Just think before typing please.

I think it's a good idea but don't necessary like LFD!

Lots of people thought rated BGs were going to be great, but they were a wasteland at first. Blizzard had to coerce arena players into them by requiring their use to reach weekly point caps.

It's possible LFR will be a success, but I doubt pugs will have the patience to learn fights, and I doubt it will be tuned low enough to allow large amounts of failure.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It won't be possible to farm for gear as you will still only get 1 loot per boss per reset. I just want them to remove the part that says "whether you receive loot or not", it should be "when you recieve loot".
    You will be able to farm it if it's like that. Considering you only need one or two items per boss. So in two weeks you're done. Great.

Less qq more pew pew

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    What a lot of people here dont seem to understand is that the essence is NOT "what do you feel are the best/fairest loot rules".

The essence is "Why the hell would anyone be willing to tank or heal for wipe/flamefests most of these raids will be, if they can just aswell dps, have a more relaxed time, and have exactly the same chance at exactly the same loot they would if they were tanking/healing, and if there really is no reason to tank or heal and everyone will only queue as DPS, how realistic is it to join a LFR queue and not be waiting for a few hours only to be grouped with a dk who wants to try out if dual-wielding is viable or not".

What's most appealing? A loot system where everyone rolls on anything they can equip and as such queue times of a few hours, or a loot system that gives priority to people filling that roll, encouraging tanks & healers to join as tank or healer?
    Quoted for ze truth, and well, he explained what i've been trying to say :P

I think this is a great idea to be honest. How often have you been in a PUG raid that kills the first boss, then wipes on the 2nd and then disbands. You then find yourself locked out for the week, unless you find another raid that's going to start at the 2nd boss (very unlikely!). This way you can re-queue and join a fresh raid, sure you won't get loot from the 1st boss but it does mean you can progress to later bosses.
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU

I like that I can take 13 of my guild members and have them all need on all loot and dish it out afterwards amongst us.