Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Exclamation Engineering - Worst profession ever?

I am really disappointed that Blizzard once again has failed to give atleast equal benefits to all professions within the game. 4.2 was a joke for engineers, all we got was a stupid recipe for a gun which costs equivalent to its sell price on my server, if not less. We got one recipe after one month of grinding of molten front dailies, oh please, don't remind me of them. Lets look into some factors and compare professions:

1. With 4.2, BS, LW and tailoring which as Engineering, qualify as 'crafting professions' have epic recipe drops from firelands trash. Most people with those recipes and enough living embers, which are so easy to get now, are making so much gold now a days... selling one BoE for 45 K + on my server. What did engineers get as a crafting profession?... Nothing.

2. Earlier, yet again, in all crafting professions except engineering, you could craft a 359 BoE and sell it... yes for gold. We did get extra bonus to craft soulbound head items, but as we all know, all these bonuses are available in all professions, one way or the other, and it balances out. So that head item was not an added bonus. Regardless, with 4.2, that head item became useless, I mean, engineering became useless.

3. Now, with all the flora and fauna of 4.3 coming soon, are you serious developers? You really want us to change professions to BS, etc. I usually dont write any posts, but I read and research a lot, honestly, I have one strong opinion - this is horrendous and you seem to say that you balance everything in game. Please, wouldn't it be nice to sit back and analyse and plan accordingly before throwing all information out there? I am really really disappointed. Thanks for a so called 'crafting' profession where all we can do is make some sort of stupid enchants for hunters.

I hope one of the developers actually read it. I will paste it on official forums as well.

Time to wake up

Deleted
    Engineering is for fun

It is for fun, but it still is a profession -.-

Qft.

Engineering es #1 huehuehue
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Deleted
    Where engineering miss in raidable gear/buffs it makes up in awsome and fun, still useless tinkers. If you want a useful profession dont pick engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Aish View Post
    It is for fun, but it still is a profession -.-
    and all those other perks you get dont count at all?
    Jaina needs to hook up with Sylvanas imo. The Dark lady needs something to keep her mind off how very much she wants to commit mass genocide on every living thing in Azeroth and I think Jaina's fine ass would do the trick.
    Point on the doll where the bad mage shattered you.

Deleted
    Well, engeneering is most conveniently coupled with Mining, and farming and selling ores and bars can be pretty lucrative (less than the professions you mentioned; though)

I think Blizz has really failed with Engineering in Cataclysm. I realize they don't want to make it OP, but there is a lot more that they could do with it. Even if it's just another wormhole (not necessary for Cataclysm zones) or some other convenience item, it would be nice. One of their biggest failures, IMHO.

Deleted
    What happend to all the sweet bombs and tricks?

Deleted
    nvm
    fndfnafkljfljkn
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2011-09-30 at 01:27 PM.

When Blizzard stopped balancing classes based on utility brought to raid then those other perks stopped counting.

engineering is my favorite profession, true that you wont make tons of gold on it, but I love cool perks that it brings

sounds like you dont have synapse springs tbh

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

They could atleast let us upgrade the goggles / cogwheels.
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Synapse springs is agil proc for my hunter every min, you're just bad op.

Quote Originally Posted by geurila View Post
    and all those other perks you get dont count at all?
    What perks are you talking about? Seriously when were the tinkers updated?... Yes we have nitro boots and extra 450 stat for few seconds on gloves, and reduce falling speed, but apart from that, there isnt anything useful. And please, all of you, be mindful and lets not de-rail this topic. I am not talking about added bonuses, which are there for all professions regardless, I am only talking about engineering as a crafting profession with 'nothing' to craft. For argument sake, I have so many chaos orbs of no use to me on one of my characters which has engineering. It is obvious, even with the new upcoming changes, it is a fail from developers, or rather no thought given to it.

Rocket boots - parashoot - synapse springs, and more /win

Quote Originally Posted by Aish View Post
    Yes we have nitro boots and extra 450 stat for few seconds on gloves, and reduce falling speed, but apart from that, there isnt anything useful.
    Hehehehe, I reread that 8 times and laughed at each one.

So far as your ability to make money with the profession, I've made a small fortune with engineering. No, I'm not going to tell you my secrets.

If engineering isn't working for you, then the problem is most likely with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

We dont need to be able to keep crafting new epic patterns. I can smell the bitching from you because you cant make gold to fill your greed. Dump engineering if its such a hassle for you.

The problem is not so much the fact that they dont add anything, its the fact that its supposed to have an abundance of funny stuff to toy around with, but all the toys people can buy from a gnome vendor running around stormwind and all they added in wotlk was a very expensive-to-use interrupt gun and the useless 10sec-cooldown loot-a-rang.

In wotlk they added lots of stuff like a mount (hog/chopper), a portable bank (Jeeves), a portable mailbox(Moll-E), a gnomish army knife and lots more...