Poll: How important are graphics for you?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    3 for me. Graphics are great and all, but I really don't care so long as the game play blows me away. I don't understand why people are bitching about the graphics in BF3. Right now the graphics are capped and can't be set to Ultra. Hell, I still think that it looks great running on my 460 and I love the gameplay.

depends on the game, like bf3 for instance, i expect that to look the dogs bollocks.... mmo's/ strategy not so much as i know it should come with a great story/gameplay over gfx. etc etc if you understand.

Deleted
    It really depends on the game.

I mean some games are just stunning to look at, even with a semi gameplay it makes the experience well worth it since its so beautiful.

Low graphic games work if there's a style to it. Like Terraria, i adore that game and the "horrible" graphics are part of what it is and actually makes it cool.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    depends on the game, like bf3 for instance, i expect that to look the dogs bollocks.... mmo's/ strategy not so much as i know it should come with a great story/gameplay over gfx. etc etc if you understand.
    Battlefield has never really been about pushing high-end graphics. BF3 is really the first time that they are attempting to do it.

3/5
    I play Minecraft just as an indicator.

I think games that go overboard on graphics quality tend to become way to lustrous and bright to the point it's just disgusting to look at. And in turn suffers in gameplay, because usually when a game devotes that much of their budget and time into making something shiny it tends to be very boring and generic.

I prefer better art styles over graphics in that objects and such are more defined and sharp rather than everything being heavily detailed and rendered to highest quality.

Funny enough the only game I can really bash would be Perfect Dark in that it's gameplay was good but it's graphic quality turned me off from it really badly- I think it's just cause of it's blur effect which sucked even more ass when you got punched in the head, though that's a game mechanic.

For me a game should keep up with today's standards in graphic capabilities but should never forsake it's gameplay and story budget into graphically polishing a game.

Voted 3, I love some games that have no graphics at all like Dwarf Fortress, but I do appreciate it if game looks nice as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    depend on game, a game like Resident evil 5 since "look" scary is very important to me, but a puzzle game i can even say 1, so I voted 4 since most games need good look
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

2 for me. Games seems to make their own set standard for how it should look in terms of graphics. Just as long as a Ps3 game doesn't look like it should be on a Ps2 or, god forbid, a playstation, I'm happy.

I'd much prefer an immersive story, and non-broken gameplay.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Graphics 3, Aesthetics 4.
    Heroes of Newerth have great graphics, but the aesthetic is terrible (in my opinion). League of Legends have average graphics but the characters looks cool.

On the other hands, I don't think it is fair to say that I don't care about graphics. While I play modern games with old graphics, they still modern games. I can't that I don't care about graphics because I play Scott Pilgrim vs the World (for PS3), it is simple, but it looks a thousand times better than any old game.

4, I love good graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    3.5-4. If the game has good graphics as one of it's selling points, I would be mad if they weren't good. But the one thing Minecraft has taught me is that Gameplay is 100% > Graphics.

3 Graphics are important but not the deal breaker. I'm sure there are plenty of people going "I play minecraft brah I don't care about graphics!" Well thats not me. Poor graphics can make me slightly less interested about a game until I learn more about it, that said once I see some gameplay I make my decision as my #1 desires in games are good gameplay and a good story (assuming it's an RPG or Adventure game). For example I loved Dragon Age Origins which had subpar graphics while I hated Fable 3 which had fairly high production values with it's graphics all due to gameplay.

Deleted
    If a game has substance in other areas, it can skimp on the graphics, things like Shadow Of The Colossus and Metal Gear Solid are still a joy to play through (to be fair their graphics were some of the best at the time but they have staying power which goes past the dated graphics).

But, if it's something totally mindless like an (multiplayer-oriented) FPS, it better have really shiny, awesomesauce graphics!

Deleted
    Only a 2/3 for me, much prefer the storyline/lore.

The fidelity of the graphics themselves don't mean much to me at all, so 1/5 for that.

But the Aesthetics of the visuals mean a lot. A game that just looks bad, or looks bland, is hard for me to play.