Please keep this civil, this is not about Rift vs WoW - I'm merely using the newest implementations from Rift as an example!

So I wanted to float this thought by everyone, that I've had for quite a while and it seems like most people has had the same idea for quite a while.

When saw that Rift had added the new "instance" system called Chronicles, which is basically a 1-2 man dungeon system where you go through major events in Rift's lore, such as raids while not being able to do it in reality but still get the same degree of reward - I said to myself, blimey that's a bloody nice idea.

Than I saw Rift had also added a new feature for the really hardcore people looking for a bigger challenge, which is called the "Master" difficulty of normal dungeons. So basically, Rift has 3 difficulties for their dungeons while WoW only has 2. Now this isn't a topic about "omg, blizz, look rift is so much better at listening to their community, qq" - No, my main concern is that Blizzard is making the Raid Finder, instead of either upping or lowering the difficulty of their dungeons.

Wouldn't you rather have player learn things the hard way, instead of basically have them read though the dungeon journal, then get the fights explained by an experienced raid leader in a 25 man Looking For Raid? I mean yes, the raid is less difficult and yes, the loot is gonna be of lower quality. But wouldn't it be better to introduce new players who hit level 85 to an easier dungeon, then allow them to go to normals and THEN to heroics before they make their way into raids?

I know Blizzard has come out and said, "You will require a certain item level to be allowed into looking for raid's queues." But we all know the zandalari heroics are gonna gear those people up in almost an instant. Unless Blizzard is gonna make looking for raids have an item level around 365-378 depending on what gear you can get from the Valor Points vendor, it's gonna be too easy. And from what I've seen on the PTR (which could obviously be a fault or a bug) they are making the Valor points cap an even 1000. I know that's only 20 difference, but it's there nonetheless.

I'm mostly concerned about the game, because for a long time I've been contemplating on whether to quit or not. And seeing as I've played this game since Vanilla, I'm getting kind of worried about the way things are going. Sure, they made WoW casual-friendly and I'm completely fine with that. But after I saw and experienced the nerfs to firelands in a pug run, where we cleared 6/7 with ease, I started to worry how future content is gonna be shaped.

How about you guys? Have you ever wondered what WoW would be like if we had a more "noob-friendly" start to dungeons, where people could learn from their mistakes? Am I the only person who thinks it's horrible to see players in Zandalari's with the attitude of "Oh well, I might get kicked for standing in fire for the ump-bazillion-st time, but hey, at least I will get SOME loot and SOME JP and VP because there's always people who will put up with my shitty performance."