Feral druid or Rogue?

Greetings! I'm in a bit of a rough spot. My refer a friend is about to go up. And i have time for 1 more class. Its come down to a feral druid or a rogue. I have recently came back to wow. And when i left i actually had an 85 rogue. And to be honest i dont know how i felt about their play style. It was a attack vanish full recup attack and repeat process until you won or ran out of cooldowns. The play style seemed rather bland. On the other hand I have always been a bit jealous of feral druids. But never got one past 60. The fact that they could Self heal or heal friend go on the offensive shift into bear to tank massive damage. Although idk how i feel about their mobility nerf now. Ive never actually played with it in effect. What i am asking is opinions on which class in more enjoyable in a pvp/arena setting. And What in the class handlers opinion is the more *exciting* gameplay. Thanks for your time!

Feral feels more like a warrior with energy than a rogue. Rogue's are the true stealth class. Ferals are more fun though just imo.

Oh god here we go another thread ruined by people over-reacting about ferals making a bigger case out of it than they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Silaryn View Post
    Oh god here we go another thread ruined by people over-reacting about ferals making a bigger case out of it than they need to.
    It seems to me that you are the one overreacting, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Can't wait to see Thrall's kid and Garrosh's kid in school together -"HAHA MY DAD'S ARMY BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR DAD'S ARMY"

I have leveled a rogue to 81 and a feral druid to 85. I prefer the feral. I have not ran either of them in serious PVP just a few BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Silaryn View Post
    In what way am i making it a big case? I said ferals received a mobility nerf. Which is indeed a fact. And asked how they were playing with it.

Coming from a feral druid of 4 years feral is way more fun, so I saw feral! I will be feral for life ;p

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threaten View Post
    In what way am i making it a big case? I said ferals received a mobility nerf. Which is indeed a fact. And asked how they were playing with it.
    They received two different ways to break roots now in 'return' for their mobility nerf, which is Dash and Stampeding Roar (when they're talented, which they should be), so they're dealing with that fine as there's also dispels from heals going out and just in general they're a strong spec right now, if played right.

Although I would make macros at 85 for Dash and Stampeding Roar as you can't use them if another one's activated:

#showtooltip
    /cancelaura Stampeding Roar
    /cast Dash
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Dash
    /cast Stampeding Roar
    This way if you need to use Stampeding or Dash while the opposite one's active you push the button twice and it'll allow you to.

You could always level up your Rogue though, they aren't bad at 85 and are quite wanted for RBGs as they have Smoke Bomb. :P I haven't played Rogue at 85 though so I don't know which one is necessarily more fun but that's subjective anyways.
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-10-01 at 05:56 AM.

As a feral since 2007 I'm going to say rogue. My rogue is only 70 atm, but it feels like it has so much more utility to bring to a group.

Ferals have better defensive capabilities, cc, and utility.
    Rogues have more control, and better cooldowns (smoke n cloak)

The cooldown based style of rogue makes it more fun and intense, if you ask me. But, having said that, I think ferals are a little better overall. Much better defensive capabilities, as the above poster said, and aside from smoke bomb, I would say more control. Bear form has no cooldown, unlike evasion, and combat readiness almost never gets to be used due to sharing a cooldown with cloak. Instant cyclones can be used much more frequently than blind, and does not require teammates to know to stop attacking the target before you use it. The overall burst is higher, the bleeds are better, the heals are better and more convenient to use (but prone to silences and getting caught in caster form, so more risky as well) and feral effectiveness really never changes too much through a game or fight, unlike a rogue who has exhausted his cooldowns. Both are solid choices, but overall I would say feral is a more complete package, probably the best melee spec in the game currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which class to play threads are prohibited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE