10+ Year Old Account

Progressing PvP Gear?

After seeing the new season of PvP gear, I think we all had about the same reaction - "Holy @#$% look at the Paladin's set?! Why isn't mine that detailed?! It almost doesn't feel like it belongs in WoW. I'm glad I play a Paladin." A perfect example is simple, do a side by side comparison of all the cloth gear next to the Paladin's. And on top of all of this, where did these new gear sets come from if they've been basing each season's set after the last? Meh, whatever right?

Then it hit me, why not have truly progressive gear especially in a PvP system based purely on rating? Why not just have a new set of gear each season, and have it gradually "morph" from a basic looking PvP set into these insanely detailed sets like the Paladin's S11 as they gain rank through arenas and rated battlegrounds. Call them stages or add terminology to them like the 2200 "Elite" gear, 4-6 stages every few hundred points you move up in the ladder like "Novice" for like 1300-1500 rating. Not only add more detail as you move up the ladder but also change the color to easily differentiate between the casual and hardcore. Maybe even add a final feature to the gear once you reached maybe like a 2400-2600 rating like an animation for each class such as the demon wings that used to come out of the old Warlock S3 gear to really set you apart. I feel like, at least for me, that something like this would revitalize at least the allure to acquire the newest gear, to change and really evolve your character through your own achievements because I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of seeing a little bit better version of last seasons gear on my character. I'd like to see a new set each season, and I'd like to see the intricacy and level of detail I know the artists are capable of, but make it an achievement to obtain such insanely awesome sets such as the new Paladin's gear.

What do you guys think? And yes, I'm totally jelly of Pallys right now.
    Last edited by CoolHwip46; 2011-10-01 at 04:10 AM.

roll a pali?

10chars

Deleted
    blizz would need to fix pvp first before they could make anything as complex as this. but we all know blizzard pvp is more of the side salad u only touch a little of after yo uhave eaten the main meal (pve)

I like the OP idea, having different sets depending on the pvp rating...

The thing is that right now, you can literally fly through the first 2k rating if you are a serious PVPer... maybe ratings would need to be revamped to be able to introduce this idea...

But we know WOW was thought as a PVE game, so I doubt we will see something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpvp View Post
    blizz would need to fix pvp first before they could make anything as complex as this. but we all know blizzard pvp is more of the side salad u only touch a little of after you have eaten the main meal (pve)
    not for everyone
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

I really wanted to see every1's gear progress, but i mean honestly next patch the pvp gear looks insanely different, and what i mean insanely different, i mean retardedly stupid and i seriously wanted to see a better version of warrior gear, like more flames more spikes, idk but all we get is completely random pieces of gear. Thank goodness for transmorgeration or w/e its called.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpvp View Post
    side salad u only touch a little of after yo uhave eaten the main meal (pve)
    I don't know what restaurants you are eating at... but the salad generally comes first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Can't wait to see Thrall's kid and Garrosh's kid in school together -"HAHA MY DAD'S ARMY BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR DAD'S ARMY"