Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Perfect example of how people do not read the OP's hahaha

    OP: your playing KoToR, not Mass Effect unless they have Jedi and Sith in Mass Effect (Ive actually never played ME).
    I take it he is playing his ME game as if he is Sith and being Evil. Since he have no understanding of right or wrong he asks people what they think is wrong so he can play like that in his mass effect game.

  2. #22
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I take it he is playing his ME game as if he is Sith and being Evil. Since he have no understanding of right or wrong he asks people what they think is wrong so he can play like that in his mass effect game.
    Possibly...but he did say "Im am going Sith" which leads me to believe hes playing KoToR, plus he said he got the game for $9.99 which Mass Effect is still $19.99. Doesnt really matter, I just thought it was funny no one has caught that yet.

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,343
    My character will be a light side sith. I'm not some evil person who wishes to murder any who gets in my way, my character is just supposed to be someone who embraces the dark side of the force.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    I'll do everything that'll benefit me. If that takes me down the DS path or LS path I don't really care. I'll grind out DS points at 50.
    Actually that's the DS. Being selfish is DS whereas fighting for the common cause (either republic or empire) awards you with LS points

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    So since being on the forums, all ive heard is 'go play mass effect' etc. So I have, never played it before and im loving it (10$ on steam bargin)

    Since im going Sith ive decided to do a dry run, and just kill everyone, cause genocide etc. However some of the decisions have not been too concrete on which is evil.

    e.g. saving one of your comrades or doubling crossing people who deserve to be double crossed.

    Mainly how will you guys play Sith:

    Will you just murder everyone and cause the most destruction
    Will you do everything for your own benefit, regardless of if its good or bad
    Will you save all the females and hope there is a romance option, or just kill them?
    I am playing a Sith Warrior (Marauder), I will selfish, greedy and my decisions will be solely based on what benefits ME the most ;D

  6. #26
    I'm not a roleplayer on any serious level by any means, but the idea of playing an imperial agent who perhaps decides he or she doesn't like the ideologies of the sith and thus is somewhat rebellious - a 'good' sith if you will - appeals to me.

    On a slightly different note, I always found many of the dark-side options in Kotor I and II to be rather 'petty'. Give me all your money or die, etc. Lots of cheap criminal behaviour, nothing super-evil, mostly crude street-crime type behaviour.

  7. #27
    The Patient Tierst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Land of Ooo
    Posts
    213
    Q_Q When I grew up playing the n64 Zelda games, I used to think that if I pushed Epona too far by hitting all of her carrots, I was hurting her.. so I never really ran at max speed for her sake.

    So uh.. =[ I'm a wimp, and will be sith LS all the way.

  8. #28
    This is why I am going sith,

    The Sith Code in full:
    There is no peace, there is anger
    There is no fear, there is power
    There is no death, there is immortality
    There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

    I am the heart of darkness
    I know no fear
    But rather I instil it in my enemies
    I am the destroyer of worlds
    I know the power of the Dark Side
    I am the fire of hate.

    All the universe bows before me
    I pledge myself to the darkness
    For I have found true life
    In the death of the light.

    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

    Anyone else agree?


  9. #29
    Gonna be a Bounty Hunter. Choices will reflect anything that will net me more credits, regardless of good or evil outcome.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoftuna View Post
    Gonna be a Bounty Hunter. Choices will reflect anything that will net me more credits, regardless of good or evil outcome.
    You get the same amount of credit reguardless, but I like the thinking there. Bounty hunter is a brilliant class. I just wished they could use cannons like the rep commando.


  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Phen View Post
    This is why I am going sith,

    The Sith Code in full:
    There is no peace, there is anger
    There is no fear, there is power
    There is no death, there is immortality
    There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

    I am the heart of darkness
    I know no fear
    But rather I instil it in my enemies
    I am the destroyer of worlds
    I know the power of the Dark Side
    I am the fire of hate.

    All the universe bows before me
    I pledge myself to the darkness
    For I have found true life
    In the death of the light.

    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

    Anyone else agree?
    100%. This is why "light side" Sith is a ridiculous concept.

  12. #32
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    850
    I intend to play a Sith to my advantage. Will I benefit more for keeping you alive? Congrats you get to live! Will I make a ton of money selling your organs on the black market? Here is hoping you did not destroy your liver! The mix of choices will probably make me a gray area Sith. I dunno we'll see where the road takes me.

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral Jaronicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,227
    I'm going to try to play a Palpatine like character who really manipulates from behind the scenes, corrupting and appearing good when I'm using you. That said, he won't be afraid to strike from the shadows as a Maul-like assassin when things need to be done the right way. I'm really hoping that the LS/DS/neutral choices are not always save him/kill him/save him but demand money.

  14. #34
    I generally think the concept is a good idea, and I believe they are coming from the Anakin Skywalker was a Jedi with Darkside Traits? And Visa-Versa when he turned to become Darth Vader, he (towards the end) had Lightside Traits? Obviously all was based on family and what not but non the less I believe this is the direction they are going with it. Just because you have been taken in by either the Jedi or the Sith, you are free to make your own choices in the world and are able to change your legion so to speak.

  15. #35
    Anakin wasn't a Jedi with dark side traits. He was a Jedi who was too weak to control his emotions until it eventually drove him to the dark side and joining the Sith, under Palpatine/Sidious. And when when he was Vader, Luke appealed to what little piece of him was still Anakin. That's what bothers me about it. Walking the path of Light is supposed to be difficult, with the temptations of the Dark side always calling. But once you step into the Dark it's supposed to be incredibly difficult to leave. When they make it where a few quests or tasks can change your standing in the force they devalue the dichotomy of the force.

    I'm not against changing between light and dark, but it shouldn't be something easy to do, making how you level your character in regard to light and dark more important.

  16. #36
    Bloodsail Admiral Jaronicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Klur View Post
    Anakin wasn't a Jedi with dark side traits. He was a Jedi who was too weak to control his emotions until it eventually drove him to the dark side and joining the Sith, under Palpatine/Sidious. And when when he was Vader, Luke appealed to what little piece of him was still Anakin. That's what bothers me about it. Walking the path of Light is supposed to be difficult, with the temptations of the Dark side always calling. But once you step into the Dark it's supposed to be incredibly difficult to leave. When they make it where a few quests or tasks can change your standing in the force they devalue the dichotomy of the force.

    I'm not against changing between light and dark, but it shouldn't be something easy to do, making how you level your character in regard to light and dark more important.
    The way it's been done, from what I've seen, is the amount you have to "go back" depends on how deep you are. If I'm darkest of the dark, one (or two or five) light side deeds/quests/whatever will be a dent in my redemption journey. Anakin's path to the dark side was progressive that was culminated with the killings at the Jedi Temple. There are flashes of his turning even in Episode II. I think it'd be really ridiculous if I spent all this time making my character a nice guy, then I kill one dude because he looked at me funny and now, all of a sudden, I'm worse than the Emperor.

  17. #37
    Dreadlord Sofii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aussieland
    Posts
    752
    I will do all that I must to achieve the height of power and to remove all restrictions placed upon me.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    The way it's been done, from what I've seen, is the amount you have to "go back" depends on how deep you are. If I'm darkest of the dark, one (or two or five) light side deeds/quests/whatever will be a dent in my redemption journey. Anakin's path to the dark side was progressive that was culminated with the killings at the Jedi Temple. There are flashes of his turning even in Episode II. I think it'd be really ridiculous if I spent all this time making my character a nice guy, then I kill one dude because he looked at me funny and now, all of a sudden, I'm worse than the Emperor.
    He was weak but he was manipulated highly by Palpatine, he had it in him to do things against the Jedi code...slaughtering sandpeople, falling in love etc etc. Ultimately it was his love for Padme and wanting to save her after seeing her die in his dreams, that he sided with Palpatine as he thought he had the knowledge to bring her back (which he didnt)...by then it was too late, killing the children and almost killing Padme drove him over the edge.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    The way it's been done, from what I've seen, is the amount you have to "go back" depends on how deep you are. If I'm darkest of the dark, one (or two or five) light side deeds/quests/whatever will be a dent in my redemption journey. Anakin's path to the dark side was progressive that was culminated with the killings at the Jedi Temple. There are flashes of his turning even in Episode II. I think it'd be really ridiculous if I spent all this time making my character a nice guy, then I kill one dude because he looked at me funny and now, all of a sudden, I'm worse than the Emperor.
    Not sure if you mean in the game or in SW lore.

    From the time of his fall Vader did nothing but "bad" things, but was redeemed in the end by one act. It's hinted that he had regret for his actions for a long time, but it took Luke's near death to finally push him back into the light. As far as lore goes it's fairly easier to fall to the Dark side than it is to turn or return to the light.

    As for the example you use, from a gameplay perspective, yes, it would be ridiculous if one act just suddenly turned you evil, but it should still be easier to stray to the Dark than to go from dark to light. What I don't agree with is Sith force user's being "light side." It goes against the very essence of the Sith. The Sith value one thing more than all else, personal power, and they stop at no nothing in their quest for more of it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Klur View Post
    As for the example you use, from a gameplay perspective, yes, it would be ridiculous if one act just suddenly turned you evil, but it should still be easier to stray to the Dark than to go from dark to light. What I don't agree with is Sith force user's being "light side." It goes against the very essence of the Sith. The Sith value one thing more than all else, personal power, and they stop at no nothing in their quest for more of it.
    If you're born in Germany in the early 20th century and you're forced to go to war and be a part of the Nazis, does that make you as bad as Hitler?

    Did you ever stop and think that people (yes even in the Star Wars universe) aren't all black and white?
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-05 at 02:50 AM.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •