Thread: SSD Trouble

SSD Trouble

hey guys, I got my pc 2-3 weeks ago and basically im wondering if my ssd is slightly defective or something of the sort. main reasons that are making me think its the ssd is because everything that ive installed on it is suffering weird read times. ie; ill launch firefox which usually takes one second but once out of every 5-6 times it takes a good 10 seconds. yesterday it even got to the point where i had 2 firefox windows open and clicked to launch another and it just straight up wasnt launching at all. similar delays with microsoft word, or another example is when im gonna save my notes ill click the save button and itll takes a good 5-10 seconds before actually opening the save window.

now my question is, is this a faulty ssd or is there some sort of option thats been enabled that i dont know about? ie; intel rapid storage technology? im running a 64gb m4 sata iii ssd and my hdd is a 1tb wd cb. i believe theyre in raid setup because the configuration screen pops up in the beginning when i power up my pc. anyways feedback is appreciated i just wanna know with what im dealing with cuz depending on what you guys say imma bring it back to the shop to fix it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Run HDDScan on the SSD and see if there is read errors.

alright quick question does it matter if its not on the supported ssd list? and if its not necessary completely defective but still has certain minor problems will it still alert me?