Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like i said, go to bulbapedia.net and make a well rounded team
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

To be honest, g/s is not all that challenging and you can literally defeat elite 4 or other players with similar version easily with just your starter. The challenge comes in at pearl and on, then, you really need a good team of pokemon to actually win.

Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    To be honest, g/s is not all that challenging and you can literally defeat elite 4 or other players with similar version easily with just your starter. The challenge comes in at pearl and on, then, you really need a good team of pokemon to actually win.
    really :S i dominated diamond using an empoleon and lucario, same with white but with a scrafty

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Deleted
    i never really 'learnt' pokemon i just sort of played it and learnt as i went along, althought back when we and my mates were 6 it was all we did i have such good memories with that game.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Murkrow is physical attack while dark is special so your stab attacks will be pretty weak, relying on metronome is a pretty bad strat imo
    OBviously relying on Metronome solely will not work, but it's an added bonus to having alongside Togetic's other abilities it can learn

When my Crystal game still worked (damn cartridge stopped saving on me some years ago) I had Typhlosion with Thunderpunch and Earthquake. Sure, based on STAB these abilities are not as strong as with other pokemon, but having these two abilities are what made me like Typhlosion so much. I wrecked a good majority of the Elite four and Trainer Red's pokemon with the move set I listed on the first page. It doesn't always have to be about min/max--everyone plays the game differently anyways.

as a side note, Typhlosion is the best starter OP, but if you like a challenge, keep playing with your Feraligatr

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    OBviously relying on Metronome solely will not work, but it's an added bonus to having alongside Togetic's other abilities it can learn.
    There is nothing special about Togetic. You can just as well use Noctowl which you can acquire at the start of the game. Noctowl boasts superior defensive spread, is faster while having roughly the same offensive stats. The only reason you'd use a Togetic over a Noctowl is if you like Togetic better; or if you want to use TM's to teach it Fire Blast, Shadow Ball or Zap Cannon. But Fire Blast is almost always better on a Fire-type due to STAB, Shadow Ball offers close-to no synergy with Normal/Flying and Zap Cannon only has 50% accuracy.

Also Murkrow is squishy as hell and its movepool is abysmal, without BW Prankster or its future evolution Honchkrow it can't due much. Sure you can use it as a glass cannon, but its movepool is horrible and lacks coverage.

Good Flying-types are scarce in GSC, the better ones are Xatu and Crobat.
    Last edited by Xacez; 2011-10-02 at 01:20 PM.

Lapras with Ice Beam managed to solo Lance for me, thats all i remember.