Tukui and Windowed Mode.

Howdy.

So I'm currently playing on a 27" monitor, which aside from being painful on the eyes when playing WoW at full screen, also puts a great deal of stress on my meager 512mb graphics card. Therefore I play in windowed mode.

I used Tukui for a bit last patch and decided I wanted to give it a try again, but I've noticed that in the current version, the 1px border around the various ui elements cuts off randomly, making for a rather messy looking interface.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and more importantly, has anyone found a solution?

Thanks.

:EDIT: Example of my window at actual size.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4...11002at111.png
    Last edited by kombucha; 2011-10-02 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

I don't remember exactly what happened when I used to use TukUI (I've always played in windowed mode for faster alt-tabs :P) but I'm pretty sure it's a limitation of the code and using Windowed (Fullscreen). I know when I was trying to make my own panel setup with kgpanels I would get all screwy blurs and from what I remember reading about it, it was due to windowed mode and the way Windows actually comes up with the resolution. (even though you may be runnin 1920x1200 its not really 1920x1200)

The only real things I ever got to work were button/icon skins and that was with basically hacking the hell out of buttonfacade (at the time) styles.

Otherwise, yea I was getting blurs/cutoffs like you.

I've read tons of stuff on how to "try" and get pixel-perfect using window mode with doing calculations and then making a macro to "resize" your UI on the fly but nothing ever worked.
    Last edited by alturic; 2011-10-02 at 09:39 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have this exact issue, but have no solution for you, sorry.

It is very likely because you are using windowed mode.
    I have made countless UIs myself, and i have experienced this alot.

When using windowed mode you cut of some of the width and length of the screen in order to make space for your processbar in windows and the window frame.

Rather than 1920x1080, you might be using 1900x900 something, i don't know.. but it's kinda messed up at times.
    Try running the game in fullscreen mode, or at least windows fullscreen mode at least, that might fix your problem as i removes all your windows frames and processbars and whatenot.

If that does not help, i don't know.

Anyhow, considering you have a 512mb video card, you might want to upgrade it for at least 1gb, or maybe more.

EDIT: Other than this, try deleting your WTF, Interface and font folder alltogether, and re-install the Interface you want to use, this solves a great deal of addon related issues.

I hope this helps, other than this i have no solutions
    Last edited by Kazie; 2011-10-03 at 07:41 AM.

Odd, I used the exact same setup but it works fine for me. Unless it's a graphics problem that I don't have.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

I used to get same on standard Tukui i also play windows mode, have you tried Elv UI i don't have any issues with it playing windows mode, elv is a edited version of tukui heres the link to it http://www.wowinterface.com/download...749-ElvUI.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kazie View Post
    It is very likely because you are using windowed mode.
    I have made countless UIs myself, and i have experienced this alot.

When using windowed mode you cut of some of the width and length of the screen in order to make space for your processbar in windows and the window frame.

Rather than 1920x1080, you might be using 1900x900 something, i don't know.. but it's kinda messed up at times.
    Try running the game in fullscreen mode, or at least windows fullscreen mode at least, that might fix your problem as i removes all your windows frames and processbars and whatenot.

If that does not help, i don't know.

Anyhow, considering you have a 512mb video card, you might want to upgrade it for at least 1gb, or maybe more.

EDIT: Other than this, try deleting your WTF, Interface and font folder alltogether, and re-install the Interface you want to use, this solves a great deal of addon related issues.

I hope this helps, other than this i have no solutions
    As I explained in my OP, fullscreen mode is not an option here. But I have tested it and I even get the same issue in fullscreen mode if I try to set a manual scale for the UI rather than using the auto-scale function.

As I also stated earlier, this is an issue with the current version of Tuk, I've played in the same window mode since I bought this computer about 9 months ago and I didn't have this issue with the last version of Tuk.

I'll give ElvUI a shot, I'm familiar with a lot of the Tuk mods, but I've been hesitant to try them as Tukui has done everything I wanted until this issue came up.

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 04:54 PM ----------

EDIT

Having the exact same issue with ElvUI. Blarg.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Try post in tuk forums and see if tuks has some answers on how to fix it not sure how else you can fix it but he will know if you can