Thread: T13 difficulty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    lol
    Restro druids are great for all the fights except chim and baleroc and still were not half bad on those fights QQ less
    (plays a restro druid ^)
    I hope they are more boss fights with healing gimmicks keeps healing fun instead of just watching out for fire and looking at green hp bars

I don't think I want to see something guild shattering hard per say but just something......Different. Mechanics that are a bit off the wall and not yet seen. For example, I personally love Rhyolith as an encounter. It was completely unique and well thought out on both normal and heroic. If Deathwing is as hard as HC Rag pre-nerf I would be satisfied. 5k+ wipes seems like a bit much imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think heroic T13 will start off extremely difficult. I hope that Heroic Deathwing is by far the hardest boss ever though. I want to see a minimum of 5000 attempts before he goes down.

yer... fuck no some of us wanta raid and have a job at the same time. I raid 2 max 3 days a week and i wanta see this as well, i don't give a crap about the 1% of players that don't work and can play all the time. Super hardcore players are such a minor % the raid should never be made about them.

There is a point where time over skill takes place and people seem to forget that. Give the top guilds 6 hours a week to raid then see how long it takes them to get down the last boss.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing it will be difficult and only the best guilds on your realm will get close to maybe even making it lost boss, and hopefully only hard-core guilds will make a full clear the first week (If they do).
    By the way things are looking, we may be in patch 4.3 for a good bit.
    Also, I don't know if someone said it or not but for the LFR, the items are not the same ilvl as the raid itself, it'll be lower.
    Example: FL through LFR will be 365 gear instead of 378.

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    yer... fuck no some of us wanta raid and have a job at the same time. I raid 2 max 3 days a week and i wanta see this as well, i don't give a crap about the 1% of players that don't work and can play all the time. Super hardcore players are such a minor % the raid should never be made about them.

There is a point where time over skill takes place and people seem to forget that. Give the top guilds 6 hours a week to raid then see how long it takes them to get down the last boss.
    It should start off VERY difficult. It's heroic, and it shouldn't be expected that a mediocre guild can just clear normal after a bunch of wipes then get through heroic because it isn't a leap in challeng. The point in heroic is for the more serious guilds TO have a challenge, and if you don't fit that and can't raid so much, you shouldn't be in heroics pre-nerf.

The post I replied to was referring to heroic difficulty.
    Last edited by zesilo; 2011-10-03 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    T11's difficulty was a little much at the start of the tier. The normal modes were whatever, but with the way the hard modes were designed, it took a lot of grinding and reliance on stuff like interrupts and Chilblains. It was especially terrible before interrupts couldn't miss (tanks and feral druids don't hit cap), and if (in 10man) you didn't have an optimal raid composition.

On the other hand, though, T12 is much, much easier, all in all. Rag aside, the other six bosses really don't require too much.

A balance between the two would be great.

One thing I don't want any more of, though, are Chimaeron/Baleroc type fights that put up stupid healing gimmicks. We've had a great healing team this expac, but always had one person the fight just didn't click with at all which has always been maddening. It just annoys me to hell and back.
    What "doesn't click" for that healer on Baleroc? Healer 1 heals Shard 1, Healer 2 heals Shard 3, Healer 3 Heals Raid / Tank. During Decimation Blade, 2 healers heal the tank to full. Not too hard, unless you're talking about heroic and there are new added mechanics I don't know about :S (Haven't tried HM Bale, so sorry if I sound like a dick )

Quote Originally Posted by Crawler24 View Post
    Except the only fight that mattered in T12, Heroic Rag.
    I never said Chimaeron and Baleroc mattered for their respective tiers. I said Resto Druids were bad on both those fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourgelord View Post
    lol
    Restro druids are great for all the fights except chim and baleroc and still were not half bad on those fights QQ less
    (plays a restro druid ^)
    I hope they are more boss fights with healing gimmicks keeps healing fun instead of just watching out for fire and looking at green hp bars
    That's arguable. Resto Druids were very mediocre in t11 until WG got overly buffed and Tranq's timer was reduced to 3min. We're great now, sure, but that still wasn't my point.

My point was that Druids are clearly, and by a fairly wide margin, the worst healers for both the healing gimmick fights Blizz has released this expansion. If you agree with me on that point, then we've nothing to argue. You may enjoy the challenge of being gimped and still succeeding, but I just found it annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    What "doesn't click" for that healer on Baleroc? Healer 1 heals Shard 1, Healer 2 heals Shard 3, Healer 3 Heals Raid / Tank. During Decimation Blade, 2 healers heal the tank to full. Not too hard, unless you're talking about heroic and there are new added mechanics I don't know about :S (Haven't tried HM Bale, so sorry if I sound like a dick )
    We killed the boss in about eight attempts the first week t12 was out. Class weaknesses really aren't very apparent even in pre-nerf normal mode. The derpy healer caused us to wipe about six of those eight times.

On hard mode, the shard damage is much higher, and before the nerf, it was best to use two healers and one tank. With seven DPS, the raid DPS requirement was around 27k DPS per player, assuming the tank did 13k-14k. With three healers and one tank, so six DPS, the requirement shoots up to 30k DPS per player. That was doable on a good pull for us, but not safe, so we dropped down to two healers.

The fight is significantly more difficult just running the two healers and with the extra shard damage. On top of that, getting bad countdown (ability that links two players together and forces them to stack, or the raid wipes) RNG and having a healer get the debuff (the debuff soaking the shard leaves can be spread to other people by moving within ~4 yards of them) really makes things significantly more difficult in hard mode. If on top of all that, you have a healer who doesn't have a full and thorough understanding of the fight's retarded and gimmicky mechanic, then things will get bad.