Why is there no SC2 forum?

I notice that MMO-C recently added a few more sections for discussion of some specific games that are actively talked about, but why not give SC2 the same honor? I am not currently an active SC2 player, so I am not trying to fanboy it, but let me list some facts (or very strong opinions):

1. SC2 is arguably one of the most played, broadcasted, and highly acclaimed video games played today
    2. SC2 is very competitive and has an enthusiastic fan base
    3. There are many facets of it that can't be covered in a single thread.
    4. SC2 is a Blizzard game. You can't be fanboys for it?
    5. There is yet to be a laid-back place of discussion for SC2. MMO-C might be the first. (TL lacks proper, objective moderation, and the official Blizz forums are terrible, reddit is too much circlejerking)

I am making this thread my request for a forum for SC2. I am sure many members of this website may agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story.

i believe that SC should have its own forum section even if it doesn't have the (5k posts or whatever requirements) because of the above mentioned reasons.
    I concur sir

It was said why on the front page.

Why didn't you open a forum for [insert game here] when you opened one for [insert similar game here]??? [insult here]
    We only opened forums for games that already have a lot of activity on the Video Games forum in the first place. If your game isn't here, it just mean that we don't have a 5k+ replies thread about it, because not enough people are interested. Before someone points it out, 2 of the games with a new forum don't fill this requirements but I wanted them around anyway.

Directly from the post on the front page:

Why didn't you open a forum for [insert game here] when you opened one for [insert similar game here]??? [insult here]
    We only opened forums for games that already have a lot of activity on the Video Games forum in the first place. If your game isn't here, it just mean that we don't have a 5k+ replies thread about it, because not enough people are interested. Before someone points it out, 2 of the games with a new forum don't fill this requirements but I wanted them around anyway.

Zeta and edgecrusher, Boub did say he made exceptions because he wanted them there. I am wondering if he could make some consideration for SC2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story.

There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story. Anything you could possibly want to discuss can probably be handled by a single thread instead of a forum that gets one post a day.

I don't mean to be overly negative, I just don't see the popularity here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story. Anything you could possibly want to discuss can probably be handled by a single thread instead of a forum that gets one post a day.

You just opened a can of worms I'm not going near, you're on your own...

You don't understand the complexity of tournament play and the lore behind the Starcraft series...

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    You don't understand the complexity of tournament play and the lore behind the Starcraft series...
    Those who do understand it. Know about sites like TeamLiquid were you can discuss the complexity of tourny play. If you wanted to have a discussion about SC2 you're gonna get a lot more knowledgeable people there, then here.

Edit, Most people you'd find on MMO champ probably play it casually as well. Where as on TeamLiquid you have the people who make a paycheck form it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toator View Post
    Those who do understand it. Know about sites like TeamLiquid were you can discuss the complexity of tourny play. If you wanted to have a discussion about SC2 you're gonna get a lot more knowledgeable people there, then here.
    I was just pointing out an obvious flaw. "derp, 3 races, must be boring."

I don't even play SC2, but I know that less races != less complex game. And plus, each patch changes the gameplay oh so much. Its a VERY complicated game....

The threads question was answered can we close this already?

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I was just pointing out an obvious flaw. "derp, 3 races, must be boring."
    You're making a lot of assumptions about my opinions on the game. The fact remains that if SC2 was such a popular topic as to warrant a forum, it would have a lot more traffic in the video game forum already.

There is actually.
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/
    Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    There is actually.
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/
    Enjoy.
    would you care to re-read the opening post, especially the part asking for a SC2 subsection on this site?

either way I hardly if ever see threads about SC2 on here. and tbf, there really isn't all that much to discuss in the game apart from strategy.

Had to be the asshole who did it.
    But this is an MMO site. Aside from Minecraft, all the games in the Discussion forum are MMOs. I personally play Starcraft 2 way more than I should - Master league in 1s, 2s, 4s, diamond in 3s - but the point is, the forum on battle.net is a lot more suited to people looking to get information/discussion about it than here, where people are probably more casual players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

You're making a lot of assumptions about my opinions on the game. The fact remains that if SC2 was such a popular topic as to warrant a forum, it would have a lot more traffic in the video game forum already.
    Anyone "professional" or competitive uses teamliquid for the most part. Only traffic for SC2 I've seen here is by people asking how to get it for free, or trial, or something offtopic

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

There really isn't much to say about Chess, it's not a very complex game. One race that never changes and that's it, end of story.

I do, however, agree with you on popularity part. But the reason is quite the opposite. The game is too niche and far too complex for a mainstream audience.

Haha, shut it, if you dont know what your talking about. Go play WOW... the complex game

Yeah, closing this now.