Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Are you, the tank, dying on heroic ragnaros? No? Then it should've gone to a DPS like it did. If, however ,you, the tank, is dying.. then you need more gear for heroic ragnaros. (Or the healers need to focus / gear more)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    The Ret Paladin is a complete and utter spastic.

Like the other person stated before, it is HARDLY a DPS increase.. I would argue that simply based off the increased Secondary stats and WEAPON DAMAGE extra on the 391 that the Skullstealer is better... But not only that but if we pretend for a second that even if this ret would gain 400 DPS by taking the weapon (Which he Definitely will not) you would sacrifice 400 DPS to give your Tank such a massive upgrade... If this Ret believed that Sulfuras was better why not give you the 391 and wait for Sulfuras to drop?

He is simply a total and complete loot whore.
    Your argument is based off of what? Considering that the hammer is the single best weapon a ret paladin can get before HEROIC Ragnaros, you're making very little sense. Perhaps do some research on why the hammer is so useful before just missing the point and embarrassing yourself?

Thats why roll + loot council is the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by evoker View Post
    I don't understand the paladins' fixation with that mace. Our retri has the shannox hc axe as well and is already busting my chops about giving him priority for the mace. I mean it's cool mace and mastery/crit is better than mastery/haste for a pala, but still, as the person above said 100dps is not really worth it over a DK tank with a weaker weapon.

Anyway, he's a loot whore but after seeing how much my retri pala wants it, I kind feel for your pala not wanting to pass. I'm sure either Shannox or Bethilac will soon drop their weapon (not sure if the 2h sword is any good for DKs tho). GL!
    last i heard, haste > crit now for ret pallys, so actually the axe would probably edge it, unless we were talking about the hc mace which we arnt

Deleted
    If your guild works on a roll basis and he won the roll and is going to be wearing the weapon for his main spec, then I see nothing wrong with it.

If you have a big problem with that find a guild that does loot council, and you would have received it I think.

Whilst it is a bigger upgrade for you, it's still an upgrade for him and that's how the roll system works.

To be honest the raid would of benifitted more from the DK tank getting it as the DPS gain would of been much larger then the pally going from 391 - 3.6speed to a 384 - 3.8speed.
    So if we are talking strict DPS upgrade your raid would of seen MUCH more benifit giving it to you. I mean you probably would of gained 2k+ DPS from the mace as the paladin wouldnt of gained 1/4 of that. Hes obvioulsy not putting your raids best interests at heart which makes him the whore of teh loots im afraid

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I'm more curious why your Ret Pally has Shannox axe if it's a downgrade to Rag's Mace, Shannox's axe is much better suited for a Blood DK anyway.

Deleted
    the weap shuld go to the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Your argument is based off of what? Considering that the hammer is the single best weapon a ret paladin can get before HEROIC Ragnaros, you're making very little sense. Perhaps do some research on why the hammer is so useful before just missing the point and embarrassing yourself?
    How so? I believe you are the one missing the point here.

Our Ret Paladin uses the Shannox Axe over Rag's hammer because of the weapon damage.. He has done research into it and found based off his gear 391 Skullstealer is better...

I stated that it is a far more massive upgrade for a tank then the Ret Pally - If hardly even an Upgrade at all (For the Ret) - So hence, the dude is a loot whore.

Perhaps I'm odd because I'm in a guild where we actually care about each other and what upgrades we get and how useful it is for each person and the raid group as a whole.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anandor View Post
    last i heard, haste > crit now for ret pallys, so actually the axe would probably edge it, unless we were talking about the hc mace which we arnt
    You heard wrong. Different sims cannot agree on the value of haste vs crit for Ret(See EJ) and contradict eachother regularly at the moment. So the secondary stat besides mastery is a completely moot point. It is a significant upgrade because of how TVerdict works with weapon speec, as it is not normalised.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was Free Roll, it's a free roll. The idea of it is very wrong, I do admit. Because the DK should have earned it.
    Also I do believe the Mace is BiS for retadins. (I have a ret friend who has been trying to get it, but he already has the heroic Axe from Shannox so he's letting others get it first.)

Deleted
    How so? I believe you are the one missing the point here.

Our Ret Paladin uses the Shannox Axe over Rag's hammer because of the weapon damage.. He has done research into it and found based off his gear 391 Skullstealer is better...

I stated that it is a far more massive upgrade for a tank then the Ret Pally - If hardly even an Upgrade at all - So hence, the dude is a loot whore.

Perhaps I'm odd because I'm in a guild where we actually care about each other and what upgrades we get and how useful it is for each person and the raid group as a whole.....
    I use the Shannox HC axe, and will be replacing it with the Rag Hammer if I see it.His research using Sims cannot be very conclusive as the authors of several of the sim programs have already agreed that they contradict eachother about the value on haste vs crit so how he came to a conclusion at all is questionable.

My research is supported by EJ, his is baseless? Thanks for bringing out the morality card, but if your DK really cared about the rest of the guild and how they impacted progression as a whole, they wouldn't be tanking, and your ret paladin would be main spec prot as I am. See (Bloody Mitigation)
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2011-10-03 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    To be honest the raid would of benifitted more from the DK tank getting it as the DPS gain would of been much larger then the pally going from 391 - 3.6speed to a 384 - 3.8speed.
    So if we are talking strict DPS upgrade your raid would of seen MUCH more benifit giving it to you. I mean you probably would of gained 2k+ DPS from the mace as the paladin wouldnt of gained 1/4 of that. Hes obvioulsy not putting your raids best interests at heart which makes him the whore of teh loots im afraid
    I agree with this guy. In a 10 man guild where dishing out loot that can hardly ever drop in the fairest way possible to ensure people have an evenish spread of gear is pretty important. Sounds like your paladin needs to stop thinking about himself so much, and more about the other 9 people that help him clear content.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with playing by the rules. He did nothing wrong. However, if a similar scenario was to happen in my guild, it would have been passed to the tank, not because the rules dictate so; but because it's the type of mentality we have in the guild. We play as a group, not as ten individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    I use the Shannox HC axe, and will be replacing it with the Rag Hammer if I see it. My research is supported by EJ, his is baseless?
    He's not online.. But I would assume Rawr, EJ or whatever he may use that has calculated it.

As you can clearly see I'm not the only one with said opinion... Considering the massive amounts of people above me that are saying the same thing.

It's obvious that you are someone like this guy, who would not care for his/her guildy and how much of an upgrade an item is for them, so long as you've gotten your DPS increase. And frankly I feel sorry for you, and your guildies. Sure a Free Roll system is in place... But when your in a guild raid, you would like to think there would be common sense involved when dishing out items and a little bit of fairness.

He is a loot whore, but not for taking the Rag weapon.

He's a loot whore for swiping the Shannox axe from your tank when you tank was under geared and the paladin KNEW it was only a stopgap upgrade before he could get his BiS. A decent loot system wouldn't have given him that weapon to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    Technically, he had the right to roll & he won the roll.
    You going on the forum to complain about it could be seen as QQ over a lost roll

however (and for me this is a big 'however')
    Anyone with heart for their guild and a sense of decency would have given the weapon to the player that is 'relatively behind' on the rest of the group.
    The lootmaster or raidleader should have called it & given it to you without a roll

disclaimer: I dont know how the rest of the raid went & if you already looted lots of stuff recently then things change ofc.

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

What kind of a guild are you in exactly, where one person can get both better weapons, while the other one is still wearing 359? Talk to your officers to work out a better loot system.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

The raid's DPS would have gone up considerably more with the tank upgrading from a 359 to a 384 than it ever possibly could from a ret pali 'upgrading' to the Ragnaros mace from the heroic Shannox one.

Deleted
    He's not online.. But I would assume Rawr, EJ or whatever he may use that has calculated it.

As you can clearly see I'm not the only one with said opinion... Considering the massive amounts of people above me that are saying the same thing.

It's obvious that you are someone like this guy, who would not care for his/her guildy and how much of an upgrade an item is for them, so long as you've gotten your DPS increase. And frankly I feel sorry for you, and your guildies. Sure a Free Roll system is in place... But when your in a guild raid, you would like to think there would be common sense involved when dishing out items and a little bit of fairness.
    We get it, you've got nothing save being a sanctimonious little twerp since you have no idea how useful the weapon is. Well played.

OT: The paladin should not have taken the Axe from Shannox, and should have waited for the Rag Hammer. However perhaps the DK was not present for the Shannox run or whatever. The story in the OP seems oversimplified and for all we know, the DK has been rolling frost DW as an offspec and taken a lot of DPS loot.It's only going to come down to a list of ''It's ok'' and ''He's a lootwhore'' posts anyway. There's no big epiphany coming folks.