Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    obv lies are obv
    If you read his justification, you'd have nodded your head, and would have replied "stacked encounter is stacked" or something along those lines. Any decent ret in good gear can get close to hitting 40k DPS (if not break the fuck out of 40k) with heroism on a stupidly short boss fight, especially a gimmick boss where he takes more damage.

Is this all you do? Just sit here and call bullshit? Sure, most folks in the ret DPS thread probably inflated the numbers a bit, but calling bullshit on this makes it look like A: You don't know how ret works, or B: You're calling bullshit without reading, and it makes you look stupid. Of all the reasons to call him out for his DPS numbers, lying probably wasn't one of them. I'm pretty sure you have an idea how ret works, so I'm gonna assume you didn't read anything he posted after saying 38k, and pretend that you slap your head and say "Oh, well, yea, in a situation THAT stacked, geez, I'd pull 50k" or something.

Hunters did not get any buff from the Blessing of Might (and similar skill) changes. None at all.
    But hunters get the same change in that they give out a 10% AP buff, ergo, Paladin BoM got the same change that hunters did. Yea, it was confusing in the way he worded it, and would have been better all around if he didn't mention it.

It's a 5 man, go ahead and pretend you're pulling 38k in a 5 man, because you're not.
    Holy Fuckstick! Do you people KNOW what the hell a Ret Paladin is? We're damn BURST MACHINES. Are you telling me that with 15% damage buff and a 40 second fight, you can't break 30k with CD's and heroism? The DPS in a short boss fight where your 35s zealotry might not even wear off before the boss dies is going to be MASSIVELY inflated.

Even though the 38k mentioned abovewas an obscene lie (in a normal, single target encounter, at least), you can actually pull figures around 30k with 378 in 5mans.
    Your forgot, he mentioned heroism. I'm pretty sure I'm just a pot away from breaking 40k myself in those circumstances. You guys are calling bullshit on something extremely plausible. Don't forget, Third boss in BRC. You get extra damage on him, depending on stacks. There is no reason to call lie or bullshit, for a guy in full 378 and a single 391 tier item claiming to pull 38k in a situation that plays to EVERY SINGLE STRENGTH of a ret paladin, and avoids every weakness of it.

Just call him out about throwing out a meaningless number because it's a completely stacked situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    If you read his justification, you'd have nodded your head, and would have replied "stacked encounter is stacked" or something along those lines. Any decent ret in good gear can get close to hitting 40k DPS (if not break the fuck out of 40k) with heroism on a stupidly short boss fight, especially a gimmick boss where he takes more damage.

Is this all you do? Just sit here and call bullshit? Sure, most folks in the ret DPS thread probably inflated the numbers a bit, but calling bullshit on this makes it look like A: You don't know how ret works, or B: You're calling bullshit without reading, and it makes you look stupid. Of all the reasons to call him out for his DPS numbers, lying probably wasn't one of them. I'm pretty sure you have an idea how ret works, so I'm gonna assume you didn't read anything he posted after saying 38k, and pretend that you slap your head and say "Oh, well, yea, in a situation THAT stacked, geez, I'd pull 50k" or something.

But hunters get the same change in that they give out a 10% AP buff, ergo, Paladin BoM got the same change that hunters did. Yea, it was confusing in the way he worded it, and would have been better all around if he didn't mention it.

Holy Fuckstick! Do you people KNOW what the hell a Ret Paladin is? We're damn BURST MACHINES. Are you telling me that with 15% damage buff and a 40 second fight, you can't break 30k with CD's and heroism? The DPS in a short boss fight where your 35s zealotry might not even wear off before the boss dies is going to be MASSIVELY inflated.

Your forgot, he mentioned heroism. I'm pretty sure I'm just a pot away from breaking 40k myself in those circumstances. You guys are calling bullshit on something extremely plausible. Don't forget, Third boss in BRC. You get extra damage on him, depending on stacks. There is no reason to call lie or bullshit, for a guy in full 378 and a single 391 tier item claiming to pull 38k in a situation that plays to EVERY SINGLE STRENGTH of a ret paladin, and avoids every weakness of it.

Just call him out about throwing out a meaningless number because it's a completely stacked situation.
    Probably going to get infracted for this, but you need to take a chill pill.

OT: dps figures mean nothing these days. Until they implement patchwerk again where its just a single target and dps classes can tunnel vision to their hearts content.

Facts are, you can't judge the state of retribution based on their 'viability' in a 5 man and i'll go as far to say that DPS numbers within a 5 man fluctuate based on buffs available and fight duration, i can do 50k dps on the eagle boss in Zul'aman but it's utterly useless information. In addition to that, there hasn't really been any significant changes to retribution so far(It's an early build) so i don't even know why you'd be looking for differences.

Nothing drastically has changed between Live and the PTR for Ret so far. The only thing that affects us is Divine Plea giving 1 Holy Power on use, however, currently on the PTR it is bugged and does not give it, despite the tool tip saying it does, in or out of combat.
    Kaizen of Mannoroth <Reckoning>
    US 11 H 16/16 - Tier 14
    US 9 H 13/13 - Tier 15
    US 8 H 14/14 - Tier 16

Distance hearts, when rejoined as one... May find the light within.

Probably going to get infracted for this, but you need to take a chill pill.
    Not sure why you'd get an infraction for that, I'm just tired of this dumb "ZOMG YOU LIE" bullshit when a bare hint of understanding about the situation he laid down made it pretty obvious he isn't (or at least, well in the realm of plausibility that he isn't). Lets be honest, 38k in a 5 man looks sexy, but isn't a major accomplishment.

You can't base this off a 5man heroic... Most people on the PTR have no clue how to play a certain class, If you want real results, wait till the demon soul raid comes out and get numbers from there.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Nothing drastically has changed between Live and the PTR for Ret so far. The only thing that affects us is Divine Plea giving 1 Holy Power on use, however, currently on the PTR it is bugged and does not give it, despite the tool tip saying it does, in or out of combat.
    It's not supposed to give any holy power unless you have the protection talent, it was confirmed to be a bug by a blue poster.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...aladin-changes
    Last edited by Juicy; 2011-10-04 at 01:15 AM.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

When people say that ret is in a bad place, nobody is talking about 5mans.

No. what I do is entertain myself at the expense of people like you that think they know soooo much more anout the class than anyone else. What are you trying to say in these few paragraphs? is there any information in here that isnt blatent common knowlege? O wow if a fight lasts 45 seconds a ret pally is going to do alot of damage wow i had no idea. You sir, are the only one who made themselves look stupid here. and as for calling people out for inflated dps numbers- i like to have a laugh at things like these every now and then. I get bored easy clearing 7/7 heroic in one day and need some entertainment *cough*
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

What are you trying to say in these few paragraphs?
    I'm calling you out as a bullshitter for saying someone is lying about their DPS, when the situation they outline makes that number entirely plausible.

is there any information in here that isnt blatent common knowlege?
    Pretty sure none of isn't common knowledge. Doesn't change the fact that you ignored *ALL* of that common knowledge when you said mr 38k DPS lied. Meaning you have no fucking clue how the class works and just follow clc, or you didn't bother reading his post. Or are you implying that you can't pull a paltry 38k DPS on a boss that takes extra damage with 15% Luck of the draw, short fight barely going beyond your CD phase, heroism, and some AP buffs? For someone 7/7H, that's just a joke.

So take your bullshit out of here unless you feel like adding something constructive. Frankly, mr "I can do 38k in a 5man" contributed more to this thread than your jackassery has, as a 5man to 5man comparison is almost valid in here, if still a meaningless metric overall. Or are you just here to brag about being 7/7 again?

In other news, I'm fairly certain i'm being trolled right now...I mean fuck, you know damn better than this butosai, you *HAVE* to be trolling me.
    Last edited by Jonuts; 2011-10-04 at 06:24 AM.

Is this thread pve related? or pvp i seriously can't tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gogito View Post
    Considering that ret had NO changes on the PTR with the exception of the BoM buff (that hunters also got), we're in the exact same place.... I don't need to say that that's bad thing, do I? Just hope for more balance changes.
    I'm sorry to disapoint you but actually Hunters didn't got buffed, they still(4.3) get 10% AP from Might and the likes.

I'm doing #3/#2 on DPS-based FL Hc fights, being #1 on Ragnaros with an Avg iLvL 380. Doing always 20+K. At the very least i feel rewarded (not at the max lvl of satisfaction but it's OK) when I look at the dps charts.

I'm not a top max-min player, not even "excelent" but neither I am a terrible one. I consider myself a 'good' Ret Pally.
    Last edited by mmoc64d91a2d32; 2011-10-04 at 08:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is entertaining. All I know from the PTR is that Holy radiance is a pain for anything other than holy now (I've been playing a blood dk, lal army 5x within 30sec, Murozond is WAY too fun for a 5man boss)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    I'm sorry to disapoint you but actually Hunters didn't got buffed, they still(4.3) get 10% AP from Might and the likes.

I'm doing #3/#2 on DPS-based FL Hc fights, being #1 on Ragnaros with an Avg iLvL 380. Doing always 20+K. At the very least i feel rewarded (not at the max lvl of satisfaction but it's OK) when I look at the dps charts.

I'm not a top max-min player, not even "excelent" but neither I am a terrible one. I consider myself a 'good' Ret Pally.
    he means their talent that gives attack power now gives melle 20% ap instead of 10% just like how BoM got changed in the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    he means their talent that gives attack power now gives melle 20% ap instead of 10% just like how BoM got changed in the same way.
    I heard hunters benefit from melee attack power. It was just because Trueshot aura = BoM = Unleashed rage = Abomination's Might.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    I heard hunters benefit from melee attack power. It was just because Trueshot aura = BoM = Unleashed rage = Abomination's Might.
    Hunters benefit from RAP (Ranged Attack Power), and BoM and the likes now states "Increases Attack Power by 20% and Ranged Attack Power by 10%". Meaning I get +20%AP and Hunters get +10%RAP. Yes they recieve 20% AP so they will hit harder with their spears/staffs/etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    Hunters benefit from RAP (Ranged Attack Power), and BoM and the likes now states "Increases Attack Power by 20% and Ranged Attack Power by 10%". Meaning I get +20%AP and Hunters get +10%RAP. Yes they recieve 20% AP so they will hit harder with their spears/staffs/etc
    I'm pretty sure that's just a tooltip error. The buff was for melee, not ranged.

I'm calling you out as a bullshitter for saying someone is lying about their DPS, when the situation they outline makes that number entirely plausible.

Pretty sure none of isn't common knowledge. Doesn't change the fact that you ignored *ALL* of that common knowledge when you said mr 38k DPS lied. Meaning you have no fucking clue how the class works and just follow clc, or you didn't bother reading his post. Or are you implying that you can't pull a paltry 38k DPS on a boss that takes extra damage with 15% Luck of the draw, short fight barely going beyond your CD phase, heroism, and some AP buffs? For someone 7/7H, that's just a joke.

So take your bullshit out of here unless you feel like adding something constructive. Frankly, mr "I can do 38k in a 5man" contributed more to this thread than your jackassery has, as a 5man to 5man comparison is almost valid in here, if still a meaningless metric overall. Or are you just here to brag about being 7/7 again?

In other news, I'm fairly certain i'm being trolled right now...I mean fuck, you know damn better than this butosai, you *HAVE* to be trolling me.
    i looked over his post like 10 times last night and i had no idea what you meant when he was talking about 5 mans. the layout of the post was in an odd format. but now that ive woken up and had time to sleep off some alcohol it makes a little more sense to me now.
    oh and i dont use clc ret or clc info. Its a dps loss unless you have become very comfortable with the addon. atleast in my experiences, it greatly reduces reaction time to procs because your not going off second nature your looking at a picture that can change at any moment.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    Nothing changed yet in 4.3 for ret palas, at least nothing significant baseline or talent-wise. Just 2 set tier 13 wich seems atm absolutely huge but ofc i havent tested.

I'm still hoping for some changes, namely to decrease the RNG in important procs, increase Holy power generation, decrease the extremely sily usease of Holy wrath and consecration in single-target dps when RNG is bad and the obnoxious in crusader strike CD.