Dark Age of Camelot PvP

Does anyone else agree that DAoC PvP was hands down the most fun PvP in any MMO to date? Even WoW PvP was utter shit compared to DAoC. I remember waking up and going straight to Emain Macha to just RvR all day, take keeps, and sometimes run relic raids etc. I remember in the early morning wee hours, there would be duels at the Midgard gate. Tons of people from each faction just dueling one another, and people were surprisingly civil about it.

Sorry but, I am a MAJOR PvE minded player but DAoC, to this day, was the only MMO where the PvP flat out sucked me in and addicted me. I really wish Trials of Atlantis did not ruin DAoC...it truly was a great MMO (although I am sure a lot of its features are very dated...but in its time it was truly special).

Anyone else absolutely love this MMO? Checking Camelot herald for news/RvR status for your realm? Know the layout for Emain Macha so well that you knew specific TREES to use to your advantage? Weapon smiths and Armor smiths were actually useful, and made some of the best items you could get (I remember when I was dual wielding 2 100 quality weapons...damn I tore shit up!) DAoC was a great MMO, I don't care what anyone says.
    Last edited by Menkey; 2011-10-03 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh the nostalgia, I haven't thought of the words Emain Macha in ages.
    Yeah I miss it!

Remember that sinking feeling ya got when all of your keeps drop within a couple of minutes of each other.
    Call to ARMS!!
    Post may contain sarcasm:
    Discontinue use if experiencing mood swings, nausea or elevated blood pressure.

Dark Age of Camelot was indeed a great MMO but it was presented the wrong way. They tried to turn an obvious PvP game into a PvP/PvE game when they should have just kept it straight PvP.

I do agree, however, that the PvP in Dark Age of Camelot will never be matched and I would love to see another company base their PvP off the RvR design. There is something about 500 vs 500 battles that just brings out the epic and even the skill in players. It's not easy to stay focused when you have 500 people staring you down

Oh god yeah, I played on the Lancelot server and Albion severely outnumbered us (Hibernia). So whenever we would take keeps during the day, Albion would just take them during the night, however this would spark a surge of community/rage amongst hibernians and would would just storm Emain Macha and take our shit back!

That was the only slight downside, it was very hard to maintain keeps/relics sometimes as the lower pop realm...but it just made you want to RVR and work together that much more.

I am looking forward to Guild Wars 2, and one thing that they are getting a lot of praise for is the WvWvW pvp that is supposed to spark a surge of community, but its funny because DAoC technically already did this (however probably nowhere near as good as GW2 probably will). It's just funny because everyone I met in WoW either came from EQ or UO or both, not many people had the pleasure of experiencing DAoC when it was in its prime.