Thread: No way.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Maybe they have found some hole in the system or maybe they just said it to cause unrest and panic.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    They're just as much of a group as every person in Canada is with brown eyes. If you can't grasp the concept, you're the ignorant one.
    I think you are a little confused as to what I am saying, so try and re-read the conversation after you take the smug look off your face and get off your high horse.

It's not worth the time trying to explain it to people. If they can't comprehend the simple English definition of the word anonymous, then let them be trolled.
    It's always worth the time, especially when the people 'trying to explain' say two completely different things from post to post, so yet again, try again after getting off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigglephor View Post
    One more attempt at explanation. "Actions credited to "Anonymous" are undertaken by unidentified individuals who apply the Anonymous label to themselves as attribution."

That's your Anonymous. Things that Anonymous has done could be done by completely un-related people, doing completely un-related attacks, for completely un-related reasons with no connections at all. Referring to them as a group is the worst kind of ignorance. If I, for instance, DDoS'd the server that AnonOps uses for their website and claim the attack under the banner of Anonymous, I am completely accurate. Anonymous is a monstrosity of collective thought that forms a weird chicken-egg paradox with the internet subculture and trolling in general. Referring to Anonymous as a group is comparable to referring to infinite as set counting number.
    so which is it?
    cause in your previous post you said that the fourth line of my post was correct, which if you look I am laying out a structure for how anon actually works which means it IS is a group, then when I reiterate you say thats completely incorrect, so which is it?
    You can't have it both ways in this regard so everyone needs to make up their minds...

Now allow me to clarify what I mean in the post below to which you agreed with...

There will be or will have been a core group of Anon that of which started it and got people to start using the name, this core group may or may not be experienced hackers, nobody will ever really know, and it doesn't matter, all they needed to do was get enough people with enough knowledge of how to use a phone, or an internet connection to get online or on the phone at the same time, the core group may no longer be in control per say but they would still be considered the core group by anyone that knew they made it including themselves.

Someone has to start an idea, and for one this big it couldn't have just been one person unless that one person was a very experienced hacker and could make it look like there were more then one of them...

People then proceed to flock to the idea forming their own group, this group is part of anon, but isn't the core group, of this 'group' some may be brought into the fold of the core group and then be a part of whatever group may have previously had some hold on the larger group of people that flocked to the 'idea'...

Then you have groups that break off such as lulzsec this group then leaves anon and starts their own attacks but when things get hot they retreat into the protection of anon which simply changing their online names to anon or what have you wouldn't be so simple, someone would have to shield them so that they didn't get caught...

for instance, I remember when sony was down or had just come back up and lulzsec declared war on all forms of government, only to disband about a month or so later and pull back into anon, I remember the joker (I'm well aware his name has symbols but I don't feel like looking them up.) was attempting to expose the members of lulzsec, Now he flew under the banner of Anon, I don't think a hacker such as he would fly under a banner if it didn't actually have any meaning, he also stopped his attacks on the members of lulzsec (and if I'm not mistaken took down all the information he found on them) as soon as they came back into the fold...

There will always be the 'hierarchy' involved in any idea, which makes the idea manifest into what Anon is today, its more then an idea, its a smokescreen, its a cover, its a group of people launching attacks under a banner they all carry, the hierarchy may be small, it may be big, but there has to be someone running interference for the people like lulzsec when they come back to do their work under the banner of anon, because I highly doubt the government will go from one second having information on the members of lulzsec to the next moment "Oh, they're Anonymous now, we don't know who they are anymore" Someone has to cover the tracks, and with the level of skill lulzsec showed during their short reign I highly doubt they covered their own tracks...

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    then could it not be argued that if its the name that the system is there just not how people think it is...
    people assume that once they say 'I'm part of anon' that they are then part of a collective group...
    But could we assume safely that it works like this...
    there is the core group of anon, the ones that do the main attacks and such, and most of the "members" are just fans, they make up their own group essentially, and are not actually part of anon but work as a smokescreen for the real group that lurks behind them...

Deleted
    Its probably a decoy they are using while they Ddos some local market or something as orginal / random as that.

Deleted
    I can't help but to get a serious headache from people yelling back at these Anonymous guys for yelling. I don't get what the fuzz is about. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, who cares?

We've got nay-and-yay-sayers on both sides, we'll just see what happens in the end. All of this just reminds me of the people screaming fire and murder after seeing the 4.3 sneak preview screenshots. Wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right.

In the context they use it in however, they're not using it as a noun. "We are anonymous" =/= "We are the group known as Anonymous".
    They say "We are Anonymous." They capitalize it, implying they are a group.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They make some good points, but they forgot one thing.

My birthday is the next day. Why you gotta do me like that, Anon?
    Played from early BC to just before ICC. On indefinite hiatus. xD