If anyone missed Innovation vs Soulkey and Soulkey vs Parting from today's IEM korean qualifier go watch them, great games.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'm going out tonight for the 3rd night in a row, I can come back with more stories if you'd like. Like I used to post drunken rants and stories last year, not necessarily on this thread. Moreso on the paladin ones. I can do the same tonight if you'd like as I'm going out tonight and tomorrow as well, 4 nights in a row. Eurgh my wallet hurts.
    Wow that sounds great! I love stories

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    If anyone missed Innovation vs Soulkey and Soulkey vs Parting from today's IEM korean qualifier go watch them, great games.
    I would, but twitch vods are literally unwatchable nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Ohoho, you young nubcakes. You have no idea what you missed out in your childhood.

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/StarCraft.PDF ,go to page 26, thats where the lore starts. Each race has a 10-15 page long story. I had my mom read it up for me for bed time story
    Oh real game manuals, how I miss thee.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this manual:

"Queen
    The Zerg Queen does not produce larvae, as her name might suggest, but she has earned her royal status from her ability to spawn numerous other parasitic creatures. The Queen has no natural armament of her own and since her lightly armored body leaves her vulnerable to attack, she usually stays near the central hive to watch overmaturing Zerg."

Wow, I didn't know that the idea of Queen producing larvae takes origins back in 1998! Also so sweet seeing referring to her as "she" rather than "it".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Wow that sounds great! I love stories
    Will do in morning when I can actually manage typing. This message and another I just posted took a lot of effort. All I know is that next year I'm living with a couple and this girl. And what we all know form our student days, it's "don't shag your housemate" and I'm scared I may have broken that within 12 hours of signing the contract, I don't even remember. I should probably speak to her at some point.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will do in morning when I can actually manage typing. This message and another I just posted took a lot of effort. All I know is that next year I'm living with a couple and this girl. And what we all know form our student days, it's "don't shag your housemate" and I'm scared I may have broken that within 12 hours of signing the contract, I don't even remember. I should probably speak to her at some point.
    Shaging the housemate is epic, I can recommend
    Last edited by Wass; 2014-02-07 at 03:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    It is so weird too hear people say that hots is the best campaign out there. allthough i enjoyed it very much.... i really liked the WoL campaign more.
    WoL was about ten times harder on brutal and actually forced me to suck less at the game..it was also a fair bit longer. That being said, I thought WoL was a lot more fun overall...perhaps because it was easier and you could afford to do some really fun, wacky things, especially with some of the strains you could pick which certainly made for some interesting mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found both games being hard to finish on brutal+achievements. So i just did all achievements on pre-brutal, and started campaigns again to finish them on brutal, had no problems at all. WoL wasn't that harder than HotS, if you take out achievements from play.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, lets agree that both WoL and HotS were pretty amazing ones. Cant wait till LotV, i just hope they wont do a W3:RoC final mission and bring the story to some different direction.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, both games on Brutal felt quite easy to me, and I did all the achievements. However, if compare them, WoL campaign was harder. Not even close as hard as Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne campaign on Hard, though.

In HotS I had no problem whatsoever, completed all the missions on the first try (it might be because Zerg is my main race, but, really, Kerrigan alone soloed most of the missions, taking down entire bases). In WoL I had to replay In Utter Darkness 2 times before I decided to go mass Carrier and easily did all achievements on Brutal, and All In I did on the 2nd try since the 1st time I thought it would be too easy and didn't care killing Nyduses with Banshees, so they soon overwhelmed me; on the 2nd try, it was no trouble. Other than that, for some reason, The Dig gave me some trouble, I barely held out in the end when they threw all the forces at me. Other missions were all piece of cake, although I did enjoy them all greatly.

I found that most WoL missions are easily done by massing then new unit you get in the mission, since it usually works in it very well. For example, a lot of people had problem with Supernova mission, according to the forums. I just massed Banshee appearing first on this mission and added a few Vikings for the air control - and the mission was beyond easy. In Engine of Destruction, though, massing Wraiths didn't work, I had to switch to Goliaths.

But in HotS, it doesn't even matter what units you train. Just give Kerrigan Spawn Banelings and Apocalypse spells, and she will rape everything. Kerrigan + Corpser Roaches + Hydralisks + Ultralisks are simply unstoppable, just make sure to bring a few Queens to heal your units between battles. In WoL, it is not that simple, every mission requires a certain strategy, but it is still quite easy, if you mass the right units, do upgrades and don't forget to macro and micro even at peaceful times.
    Last edited by May90; 2014-02-07 at 06:44 AM.

Yey stories !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I found that most WoL missions are easily done by massing then new unit you get in the mission, since it usually works in it very well. For example, a lot of people had problem with Supernova mission, according to the forums. I just massed Banshee appearing first on this mission and added a few Vikings for the air control - and the mission was beyond easy. In Engine of Destruction, though, massing Wraiths didn't work, I had to switch to Goliaths.

But in HotS, it doesn't even matter what units you train. Just give Kerrigan Spawn Banelings and Apocalypse spells, and she will rape everything. Kerrigan + Corpser Roaches + Hydralisks + Ultralisks are simply unstoppable, just make sure to bring a few Queens to heal your units between battles. In WoL, it is not that simple, every mission requires a certain strategy, but it is still quite easy, if you mass the right units, do upgrades and don't forget to macro and micro even at peaceful times.
    I've found it ridiculously hard to finish some missions with all achievements + quests (aka, "get dat DNA") + brutal difficulty. Like, the last mission on brutal and all achievements? Kerrigan soloing anything in this mission? Huh. Yeah. More like, Kerrigan dies from 2 shots from battlecruisers. Or the one where you get swarmhosts, without certain mutation made to them (can't remember if you could get mutation for swarmhosts at that level, but playing from archive certainly gives you a lot of advantage) it was very hard to fly to the creature you needed to get DNA from.

I guess it's works like intended, some missions was easily finished by mass-producing certain unit, others required much more strategy. Like, mission from WoL where you get battlecruisers, all i did is mass-produced them, walled my base with rocket turrets and flamethrowers and facerolled through everything.
    Same in HotS, some missions (the one with protoss on cold planet for example) was easily done by massing out Hydras and spreading them to different targets if needed.

And actually, completing missions wasn't hard in any way in both WoL and HotS, compleating them with achievements/objectives was hard enough
    I really want LotV to be more micro intensive and different heroes to play with. But i don't want them to be that powerful like Kerrigan was in certain missions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I've found it ridiculously hard to finish some missions with all achievements + quests (aka, "get dat DNA") + brutal difficulty. Like, the last mission on brutal and all achievements? Kerrigan soloing anything in this mission? Huh. Yeah. More like, Kerrigan dies from 2 shots from battlecruisers. Or the one where you get swarmhosts, without certain mutation made to them (can't remember if you could get mutation for swarmhosts at that level, but playing from archive certainly gives you a lot of advantage) it was very hard to fly to the creature you needed to get DNA from.
    Ah, well, if you want to do all the achievements on Brutal and in a single run, then, yeah, it will be more than challenging. But every single separate achievement on Brutal is quite doable - in fact, all achievements in the last HotS mission I did on Brutal, although the one where you have to kill a giant Thor in, what, 25 minutes was rather challenging.

I guess it's works like intended, some missions was easily finished by mass-producing certain unit, others required much more strategy. Like, mission from WoL where you get battlecruisers, all i did is mass-produced them, walled my base with rocket turrets and flamethrowers and facerolled through everything.
    Oh, that Cattlebruisers mission was a pain... It was very easy, but SO SLOW PACED... I almost fell asleep by the end. In fact, on that mission I didn't even build passive defenses, just massed BCs and slowly moved through the enemy base, using Yamato and repairing BCs when needed.

I really want LotV to be more micro intensive and different heroes to play with. But i don't want them to be that powerful like Kerrigan was in certain missions
    Yes, what I like about WC3 campaigns more than SC2 ones is that they are much more "personified": in each mission you have 1 to 3 hero to control which, while certainly don't do much alone, really transform the whole army. In SC2, among memorable heroes we get to play, are only Zeratul, Kerrigan and Dehaka for me. I really wish they introduce more heroes in LotV, but not too many, since they need to keep SC2 spirit of army only.

Deleted
    A) Absolutely. Currently it is the best and the most popular RTS on the market. In addition to normal games, it also has zillions of fun custom maps you can play online with other people, so, even if you are bad at ladder, you always have something to do. I, for example, do not play ladder at all recently and spend all the time playing a few my favorite custom maps.
    B) Definitely. Overwhelming majority of people have HotS already, so, if you don't buy it, you may have a hard time trying to find people of your skill to play with. Besides, HotS campaign, IMO, is simply amazing.
    C) Watch Youtube streams and read guides. There is a lot to learn in this game, and some Youtubers make commentary on games which is really useful.
    Also I recommend you to play all 3 races at the beginning for quite a while, before you decide what race to play (or stick with Random, as I did).
    A) Yes, if you enjoy RTS, it is indeed requires skill to be good at. And a lot of concentration, so running a movie on another monitor will make you learn the game slower.
    B) Yes, without a question.
    C) http://www.teamliquid.net/ for example. Keep making probes. Don't try to learn the game from playing campaign. Don't feel scared from playing ranked games.
    Thank you both for the information.

I'll be buying both games today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, what I like about WC3 campaigns more than SC2 ones is that they are much more "personified": in each mission you have 1 to 3 hero to control which, while certainly don't do much alone, really transform the whole army. In SC2, among memorable heroes we get to play, are only Zeratul, Kerrigan and Dehaka for me. I really wish they introduce more heroes in LotV, but not too many, since they need to keep SC2 spirit of army only.
    Well, i want heroes to, actually, do quite much alone, but if they do so, they will have to recover for long time (not regenerating to full health in 10 seconds like Kerrigan did =( )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Shaging the housemate is epic, I can recommend
    Yeah maybe in first year in halls/flats it's fine but when you've signed a contract for private rented accomodation... eurgh.

Went over there to celebrate signing the contract, got super drunk, next thing I know it's like 2am and we're spooning in bed and I was like yeah whatever, but she keeps putting my hands on her boobs but what does that matter. Then we had like a proper kiss and I blacked out, only to wake up later to hear her saying "... but it's ok, we can have sex with each other as long as it stays at just sex like if we're bored or a bit sad or after a night out if neither pull" at which point my jaw dropped and I blacked out again. Then in the morning I went for a piss and heard her housemate ask her if we slept together and I think I heard "no" through the door and I had a huge sigh of relief, so all is well. Maybe we will, maybe we won't, but 12 hours after signing contract is a bit soon.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Well that sucks. I went to buy the games in gamestop and they don't have them. Neither does any local store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonç View Post
    Well that sucks. I went to buy the games in gamestop and they don't have them. Neither does any local store.
    You can buy them on the Battle.net site directly, without dealing with a third party.

Deleted
    You can buy them on the Battle.net site directly, without dealing with a third party.
    My internet's too slow to download the games.

I'm buying them on Amazon, but it's going to take a while as the disposable Visa I added to my account today got charged €59 for amazon prime membership which I didn't want, so the refund of the money will take 2-3 business days.

So I have to wait 2-3 business days to get my money back, then I have to wait for the games to be delivered.

I don't think I'm meant to play this game.