Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    id like to get into 1v1 multi in sc2
    what are the pros and cons of each race ? i need to decide what fits me best

also what other things i should know for multiplayer ?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/wi...to_multiplayer Read this page, theres some useful helps.
    In short, Zerg is the swarmy reacting to the opponent race, Terran is the agressive focus on control race and Protoss is the slower gather strength and stay together one
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Bump ded thread.

I barely follow the scene anymore. I went and did arena instead since I'm actually good at that.

Any word on lotv beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

I'm suspecting it might still be a while to be honest. They just said first half of 2015, and we know how that has gone in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I have imbalanced wow pvp to keep me busy then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Playing as The Lost Vikings in Heroes does keep my micro management somewhat in line.

15+ Year Old Account
    Play Zagara, you can practice the creep spread!
    Time is on our side

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg blizzarc created HotS as a tool to increase amount and quality of SC2 players! #conspiracy
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    What if HotS is actually LotV?! And the Nexus is like a playground on the Mothership
    Time is on our side

10+ Year Old Account
    dedgaem.

So I spoke for literally months about getting a new PC and I'm now sitting at home waiting for it to be delivered. Its's actually happening, I can finally play dedgaem again!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk_Qu3pvTEY

Just thought I'd leave this here...

alive gaem?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    for new player with poor macro skills what will be the most mistake forgiving race to play ?

for new player with poor macro skills what will be the most mistake forgiving race to play ?
    Terran:

Build marines until you outnumber the zerg.
    If zerg outnumbers you, build widow mines.

Bronze --> Silver in an instant with this guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    With poor macro? Protoss because you need fewer units to do something.

I'd totally recommend biting the bullet and playing random or something and learning how to macro though. Forget about microing there's no point, you need units to do some micro so you need to make some first.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    when 6pool rush is going bad and im actually losing i dont know what to do from there, panic and leave

what would you go for from there ?

also what is the earliest antiair unit for zerg ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, just got the bundle (Game +HotS). I have no idea how to switch easily/quickly between units etc. How do I make macros easily and efficiently? Any way I can add new units to already created macros? I have everything I want to do envisioned but, no idea how to execute them quickly enough so I feel like I'm playing handicapped. Any tips/advice for a newbie?
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    Hey guys, just got the bundle (Game +HotS). I have no idea how to switch easily/quickly between units etc. How do I make macros easily and efficiently? Any way I can add new units to already created macros? I have everything I want to do envisioned but, no idea how to execute them quickly enough so I feel like I'm playing handicapped. Any tips/advice for a newbie?
    CTRL+# = make control group
    SHIFT+# = add to control group
    # = select control group

(# = actual number 0-9)

10+ Year Old Account
    If enemy defended your 6 pool you basically have to leave because you are probably way behind. If you are not and managed to deal significant damage, then expand faster and scout as madman
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I have everything I want to do envisioned but, no idea how to execute them quickly enough so I feel like I'm playing handicapped. Any tips/advice for a newbie?
    It is just a matter of practice. I recommend watching Day9's "Newbie Tuesday" series and commented pro matches, he has a very handy video on basics here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUohpQKVf_A

For macro, play a lot of Monobattle arcade maps, it is easier to macro there than in a ladder game, not so much pressure since you are playing in a team and without any ranks, and it is just more fun in some sense. That's how I went from clunky 20 FPS to over 120 FPS consistently when I was starting up. Also, you get to learn each unit's strengths and weaknesses, since you are only allowed to build one unit the whole game.

For micro, all kinds of "Micro Tournament" maps help tremendously. Just pick one map and play it a lot, and soon you will start picking up things that work and automatizing your actions without you consciously thinking on them.

It took me, I think, about a month of consistent (3-4 hours a day) play to get from "aaaaaarghhh, I can't do everything at once!" to a comfortable multitasking. Then it took another month or so to become good at micro - I played almost solely Micro Tournament kind of maps and got really good at it eventually. So, yes, it takes some time, but after you're done with it, you can focus on the actual strategy, rather than paying most of your attention to trivial tasks. It becomes so automatized at some point that you just forget you are playing with a keyboard and mouse, you just kind of think and react without any conscious effort.

P.S. Minesweeper helps a lot with mouse precision as well.

also what is the earliest antiair unit for zerg ?
    Queen. But don't train more of them than you have Hatcheries since they are quite useless later on. The real anti-air throughout most of the game is Hydralisk for ground and Corruptor for air.
    Last edited by May90; 2015-02-22 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    CTRL+# = make control group
    SHIFT+# = add to control group
    # = select control group

(# = actual number 0-9)
    Ooooo, thank you sir. =)

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is just a matter of practice. I recommend watching Day9's "Newbie Tuesday" series and commented pro matches, he has a very handy video on basics here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUohpQKVf_A

For macro, play a lot of Monobattle arcade maps, it is easier to macro there than in a ladder game, not so much pressure since you are playing in a team and without any ranks, and it is just more fun in some sense. That's how I went from clunky 20 FPS to over 120 FPS consistently when I was starting up. Also, you get to learn each unit's strengths and weaknesses, since you are only allowed to build one unit the whole game.

For micro, all kinds of "Micro Tournament" maps help tremendously. Just pick one map and play it a lot, and soon you will start picking up things that work and automatizing your actions without you consciously thinking on them.

It took me, I think, about a month of consistent (3-4 hours a day) play to get from "aaaaaarghhh, I can't do everything at once!" to a comfortable multitasking. Then it took another month or so to become good at micro - I played almost solely Micro Tournament kind of maps and got really good at it eventually. So, yes, it takes some time, but after you're done with it, you can focus on the actual strategy, rather than paying most of your attention to trivial tasks. It becomes so automatized at some point that you just forget you are playing with a keyboard and mouse, you just kind of think and react without any conscious effort.

P.S. Minesweeper helps a lot with mouse precision as well.
    Thanks for the tips and for that nifty vid! I have tons of time on my hands so I have plenty of time to learn the ropes.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    Played Starcraft this morning for the first time in months due to computer. Put everything on ultra and moused over the thing and I swear to god it said 154 fps, I was under the impression it capped at 100 or something. Gona hit everything up to Extreme and try again later. I didn't even know extreme was an option, it never showed up previously.