Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a huge Starcraft lore nerd. I also helped the Protoss, that makes sense from neutral point of view. As for Tosh and Nova, it even more funny when you learn later on from a different conversation about that one.

As for storytelling itself, they are pretty minimum, they didn't included many stuff outside of the main focus

If you finished WoL go try HotS story mode, HotS is like twice as much fun with better missions/more variety
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Played on that mission where you choose between Tosh and Nova. So I read some stuff in the wiki and saw that they had a long background. Is that even canon? Cause she killed him like it was nothing after the mission. Did they do this for the people who haven't read the thingy or is it explained? I really hope it's not like WoW where you have to read the books to understand stuff.

Anyway, felt kinda bad for helping the Protoss instead of Ariel Hanson on that Haven mission though.
    I don't think there is a canon yet. In HotS Nova mentions your choice once - not going to spoil anything, but it really doesn't influence anything. Tosh doesn't appear in HotS, so he is probably gone...
    I sided with Tosh, seemed more logical choice for Raynor who, for apparent reasons (if you've played through Starcraft 1), can't stand betrayal and would never betray anyone himself. However, I liked Nova's mission better.

As for Dr. Hanson, the reason I chose to help her was simple: she had Liara's voice, and Liara is my Shepard's love interest in my favorite game of all times, Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    If you finished WoL go try HotS story mode, HotS is like twice as much fun with better missions/more variety
    I agree. To me, HotS was inferior in terms of difficulty, Kerrigan was just too OP and, even on Brutal, could essentially solo most missions. But I loved HotS' story, felt very nostalgic towards Starcraft 1, and I ABSOLUTELY loved mission variety. You even get to play as a Zerg Queen stealth-genociding a Protoss spaceship! And the unit upgrade system is really well done, you get to choose between different very powerful upgrades, leading to completely different gameplay. I also absolutely loved evolution missions, they were fun and easy, you got to just mess around in them, looking at new cool upgraded units. Jumping Baneling is a bomb! I wish they made those upgrades available to multiplayer...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Haven't finished WoL yet no. But I can't wait to play the HotS campaign and even though I haven't even played that yet I'm excited for LotV. I played some custom offline games (cause I'm a total noob and I suck at most RTS games) and I just loved the way Protoss play to the way their structures looks and stuff.

Those Zeratul missions were also very good. Kinda got sad at the last one though. Must be pretty shitty having a final stand knowing there was/is nothing you could do and then the "Dark Voice" reveals that there was actually a way to stop him but it never even crossed your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOTS campaign easily worth the price of the game back when it was full price, even if you never touched the multiplayer or anything. Agreed with May that it was a lot easier than WOL but also far more fun. Here's hoping for a good protoss one.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Just bought the Battlechest a few days ago.

Played on that mission where you choose between Tosh and Nova. So I read some stuff in the wiki and saw that they had a long background. Is that even canon? Cause she killed him like it was nothing after the mission. Did they do this for the people who haven't read the thingy or is it explained? I really hope it's not like WoW where you have to read the books to understand stuff.

Anyway, felt kinda bad for helping the Protoss instead of Ariel Hanson on that Haven mission though.

PS: Does anyone actually talk about the lore in here?
    No?
    I'm just gonna go...
    Apparently she got a memory wipe, for her Tosh is just another terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Apparently she got a memory wipe, for her Tosh is just another terrorist.
    Oh damn. Well atleast it's convenient for people who haven't read the comic I think. It's like it never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't finished WoL yet no.
    One tip: on the pre-last mission, where you get to either kill flyers or ground forces (you will understand when you get there), kill flyers. Whatever you kill won't appear in significant numbers on the last mission. Last mission against ground forces may be tough, but bearable; last mission against flyers, however, is a pure nightmare, especially if you don't have many anti-air and mind-controlling upgrades (and, chances are, if you are playing the first time, you don't have them).
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

nice mission spoiler mate
    게임 은 어렵~~

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    One tip: on the pre-last mission, where you get to either kill flyers or ground forces (you will understand when you get there), kill flyers. Whatever you kill won't appear in significant numbers on the last mission. Last mission against ground forces may be tough, but bearable; last mission against flyers, however, is a pure nightmare, especially if you don't have many anti-air and mind-controlling upgrades (and, chances are, if you are playing the first time, you don't have them).
    You mean the Hive Mind Emulator in the Zerg upgrades? I have that one. Figured it was better than the other. Maybe...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Ah it's ok, he didn't exactly spoil the story. Except the fact that I'll be fighting the Zerg. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    It doesn't really spoil anything plot-wise, but it saves a lot of pain during walkthrough. Remember all those raging posts back in 2010 with people leaving flyers for the last mission and wondering what they should do then to survive?

You mean the Hive Mind Emulator in the Zerg upgrades? I have that one. Figured it was better than the other. Maybe...
    Yes, I think that's what it's called. It is almost required in case you fight flyers on the last mission. Also, for this you will need all the turret upgrades, probably the Marine and Goliaths upgrades to survive early on... But, really, eliminating flyers in the pre-last mission allows you not to deal with these problems.

It doesn't really spoil anything plot-wise, but it saves a lot of pain during walkthrough. Remember all those raging posts back in 2010 with people leaving flyers for the last mission and wondering what they should do then to survive?
    I massed vikings and was fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    The black guy dies

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the difficulty you do it. For everything but brutal you can get away with basically anything but for Brutal you're pretty much forced into certain talent choices. When it comes to HOTS however that's not really the case. Sure some make it a lot easier than others but nothing feels particularly mandatory. Is nice.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Kerrigan is cute.

Tychus though, didn't really like him anyway.

Tosh is actually mentioned in HotS, Matt Horner says he volunteers for infiltrating Raynor's prison ship, Kerrigan declines that offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I massed vikings and was fine.
    Hmm, was it on Brutal though? Mutas eat Vikings for dinner in that scenario, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Sure some make it a lot easier than others but nothing feels particularly mandatory. Is nice.
    True, but some are just so OP, it would be a waste not to take them. Kerrigan's "spawn banelings" ability isn't even funny, you can destroy entire bases in seconds with this alone.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Tosh is actually mentioned in HotS, Matt Horner says he volunteers for infiltrating Raynor's prison ship, Kerrigan declines that offer.
    Oh, I remember it now. Still, we don't get to actually see him. Too bad, I loved this Jamaican buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, was it on Brutal though? Mutas eat Vikings for dinner in that scenario, IMO.
    In any scenario, not just campaign. Not without heavy missile turret support or preferably Thors.

Oh man the first mission and this already looks awesome.

PS: Are we getting heroes like in WC3 now? Dayum.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how the Zerg Swarm resembles the Scourge but creating a base works more like how the Night Elven one does in WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    No heroes for multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    In any scenario, not just campaign. Not without heavy missile turret support or preferably Thors.
    True, but with heavy turret support vikings can help clear the Mutas and other flyers faster. The problem in that particular mission is that you just don't have enough money nor time to build both enough ground defense, enough turrets and enough Vikings to consistently kill off Mutas. And then, of course, you don't have anything to kill off Kerrigan, since grounded Vikings don't do much damage to her, and she will deal enormous damage before you shoot her down.

PS: Are we getting heroes like in WC3 now? Dayum.
    I believe, there are only 3 playable heroes in the campaign, and there are none in multiplayer. This is one of the few aspects in which I prefer Warcraft 3 multiplayer.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I cannot wait till you get to the Battlecruiser mission. That was such a "wow" fun mission for me
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*