Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    I dunno where to post this, but this looks like a good place.

Was their any news on Legacy of the Void at BlizzCon? I saw a lot of WoW and a bunch of Diablo, but StarCraft was kinda... no where.
    Well, better mod support, and everything but the campaign and ladder being available to starter editions from the next patch is a pretty big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    It was ridiculously annoying. But the chat was even more annoying; people were so pissed off and invalidating SoS's accomplishment. I saw someone say "SoS would never win in a straight up game" like wtf does that even mean; any strategy is fair play and you play to win it's not like he used an exploit.
    It's really weird, how people speak about exploits and such. It's freaking professional tournament! Does anyone seriously expect top players from all over the world fighting for the first place playing gentlemen and not using any tactics possible in order to achieve their goals?

I remember from my semi-professional chess career, there was that Master from France, don't remember his name. As a White, he won most of his games with a King's Gambit, a very-very cheesy opening that is quite easy to "counter", as long as you are familiar with it well enough. He, however, played it with a twist and always did a "wrong" 6th move that seemed like a beginner's cheesy mistake. Then he won because he knew a few ways to continue from that position while his opponents were caught confused. It caused a lot of rage from loosing players, and they said, "You don't know how to play. If I knew you were this bad, I would win in 20 moves". I guess, if you are completely destroyed by just a single new move in the opening, then you are not much of a player. There are so many "fake" Masters in Chess who play more-or-less decently only because they memorized millions of openings and endings, but, when the game takes a new route, they play not much better than beginners...

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    There will be a giant 2.1 patch with lot of new features and such, but there wasn't much for LotV, plus i didn't watched the starcraft lore panel yet (if there were any)
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

just got back from Anaheim tonight, so tired. im kind of glad they didn't' announce LotV yet, it would feel like Starcraft 2 is going by too quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The balance changes (Oracle buff, Mech attack upgrades, Widow Mine nerf) have come to live. And we see already all the QQ about Terran being a dead race, which I assume are just exaggerations, correct?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i haven't seen good terrans who relied THAT much on widow mine splash, and if i understand correctly, they buffed shoot speed of sieged tanks and mech terran recieved non-direct buff to banshee
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Honestly, i haven't seen good terrans who relied THAT much on widow mine splash, and if i understand correctly, they buffed shoot speed of sieged tanks and mech terran recieved non-direct buff to banshee
    Widow Mine is widely used somewhere between Silver and Diamond levels. For players whose micro is not so good (like me) Widow Mines have been a serious balance breaker. I just keep losing my poor Zerglings to these blasts. I seriously think that Widow Mines are the worst addition to HotS. They are easy to counter once you are good enough, but still. There are so many cheesy units already: DTs, Banshees, Mutalisks, Ghosts... Now this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Widow Mine is widely used somewhere between Silver and Diamond levels. For players whose micro is not so good (like me) Widow Mines have been a serious balance breaker. I just keep losing my poor Zerglings to these blasts. I seriously think that Widow Mines are the worst addition to HotS. They are easy to counter once you are good enough, but still. There are so many cheesy units already: DTs, Banshees, Mutalisks, Ghosts... Now this.
    I have heard quite a bit of QQ regarding Swarm Hosts, but I don't recall them being changed significantly.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I have heard quite a bit of QQ regarding Swarm Hosts, but I don't recall them being changed significantly.
    As a protoss i agree with it. The only way to counter swarmhosts (usually they are in amount of 10+) is storms or colossi. And if you lose your colossi to enemy corruptors or vipers, well, you are fucked, because you won't even rebuild them after that. Same thing with storms, i've played against on zerg who didn't even unburrowed swarmhosts when i stormed them AND they survived two of storms. That's a lot of time.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is a military science fiction real-time strategy video game developed and released by Blizzard Entertainment for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. A sequel to the award-winning 1998 video game StarCraft and its expansion set Brood War, the game was released worldwide on July 27, 2010.[6] It is split into three installments: the base game with the subtitle Wings of Liberty, an expansion pack Heart of the Swarm, as well as an upcoming expansion pack Legacy of the Void.

10+ Year Old Account
    About the mines. I cant play 4M properly it seems. I have been gone for 2 months and started hustling with a plat zerg friend of mine yesterday, I just cant seem to win with 4M. Need to have a look on what pro players are doing and switch my shit up if required, or just keep trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    As a protoss i agree with it. The only way to counter swarmhosts (usually they are in amount of 10+) is storms or colossi. And if you lose your colossi to enemy corruptors or vipers, well, you are fucked, because you won't even rebuild them after that. Same thing with storms, i've played against on zerg who didn't even unburrowed swarmhosts when i stormed them AND they survived two of storms. That's a lot of time.
    Yes, I can see how Protoss can have a hard time against these fat guys. If they have some anti-air and an Overseer nearby, then you can't even go there with your observer as it will just be sniped immediately. But, I think, this is where a very underused unit named Tempest comes in. A few tempests can kill Corruptors from the distance, as well as Swarmhosts themselves later on. Zerg will have to unburrow them and get closer to your base to do at least some damage, and, as they are moving, you can pick them with ground units.

I never use Swarm Hosts, at all. They are completely useless against Zerg. They are easily beaten by Terran so many different ways: Tanks, Nuke, Mines, which works even better than for other races since Terran has Scan and doesn't have to worry about Zerg picking his detectors.
    Against Toss, they seem to be useful in some situations. Still, Swarm Hosts are darn expensive, and while you are investing in them, Protoss can just go mass air and kill Zerg, or do Prism drops, another underused tactics.
    Swarm Hosts are absolutely deadly if you haven't spotted them though, no matter the Race you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with high tier units is them needing very long time to produce. It's hard (at least for me) to be prepared for ~12 swarmhosts morphing in the same time. I mean, when i see swarmhosts, it's usually too late to transition into tempest.
    And it's very problematic to detect burrowed swarmhosts because of hydras (both our detectors are flying units). Catching them "off guard" will be much easier with Revelelanenaletion from Oracles.
    If there would be another building to build swarmhosts, then it would be very easy to detect and be prepared for it, but they are made from the pit, which can mean that he goes for infestors.

It is an option to use drops as protoss to destroy swarmhost-heavy zerg, and it's fun to watch zealots rampaging enemy base while his queens and swarmhosts are sieging you base
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-11-13 at 12:46 PM.

jesus christ, jaedong just went 40-0 on NA lol

10+ Year Old Account
    So it appears that Stephano will return to play in HomeStory Cup 8. Basically him pulling a Brett Favre/Michael Schumacher?
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    jesus christ, jaedong just went 40-0 on NA lol
    Things will be similar at DH winter, but with 4 losses at the very end

Is a-anybody out there

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Is a-anybody out there
    Yes, I am.

Soooo, as a Jaedong fanboi, and having FINALLY finished watching all the SC2 from WCS at Blizzcon... Not happy with SOS; not only did he knock out my favourite Bomber; but then he cheesed his way through the finals

I'm sure (I'm a silver league super baddie) that I'm wrong about this; but on the one map where SOS didn't cannon rush; he had an entire secret third mining for the whole game and Jaedong still destroyed him... I dunno; JD got cocky with the Ultras in the first game but still. Grumble.

Although I wanted Polt to win as soon as I heard about him

Anyway, sorry to being my ignorance into this thread; I'm a relative SC2 newb I just love watching it. Even the GF started to enjoy the WCS series Props to Artosis and the other casters for helping explain shit to her
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Did sOs cheese his way to the finals? I know he cannon rushed Jaedong IN the finals, i dont recall how he beat Bomber, but from what I remember he just outplayed Bomber and HerO, I didnt watch the series vs Polt though