1. #2341
    Are you guys happy with the game so far?
    Been thinking about buying it, not sure if it's worth it.

    Also, did anything change from the first SC2 when it comes to specs?

  2. #2342
    Fluffy Kitten Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PvP forums
    Posts
    2,239
    Not so much in specs afaik. HotS runs just like WoL.

    I'm very happy with SC2. The imbaness that used to be Zerg in WoL is gone, and it is much more balanced across the board now. The only retarded matchup is ZvZ.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 09:15 PM ----------

    ToD has given VortiX a new nickname, Karronte Cucaracha
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  3. #2343
    Brewmaster Jess Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Farmer Land UK; Prev Los Angeles, CA.
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Are you guys happy with the game so far?
    Been thinking about buying it, not sure if it's worth it.

    Also, did anything change from the first SC2 when it comes to specs?
    The only way this game can get better balance wise from where it is now is by removing 2 of the races and just having every match a mirror match.
    The one change that needs to come is something needs to be added to ZvZ to make it less tedious than watching paint dry. And that's not a balance thing.

  4. #2344
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Not so much in specs afaik. HotS runs just like WoL.

    I'm very happy with SC2. The imbaness that used to be Zerg in WoL is gone, and it is much more balanced across the board now. The only retarded matchup is ZvZ.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 09:15 PM ----------

    ToD has given VortiX a new nickname, Karronte Cucaracha
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    The only way this game can get better balance wise from where it is now is by removing 2 of the races and just having every match a mirror match.
    The one change that needs to come is something needs to be added to ZvZ to make it less tedious than watching paint dry. And that's not a balance thing.

    haha, thanks for the input !
    I'm not too worried about that, as I'm fairly noobish with SC, but thanks for letting me know anyway!

  5. #2345
    Fluffy Kitten Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PvP forums
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    haha, thanks for the input !
    I'm not too worried about that, as I'm fairly noobish with SC, but thanks for letting me know anyway!
    You're welcome. The people in this thread are all very nice to discuss with, I've found. (Except for the occasional spammer/troll/flamer, but those get banned right away.)

    Do tell if you do get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  6. #2346
    Infestors are micro intensive? You need precise aim? Are you kidding me?

    If the bio is close to the mines they will get fungaled that is why you need only a few eggs to take them out and the bio ball can do nothing about it. If you cannot predict where a stutter stepping Terran is going you are terrible. No it isn't hard to aim, you need 5-6 infestors and you fungal behind them because they can't go forward because there is blings coming in from the front. Even if he splits perfectly, while stutter stepping, with 5-6 infestors, even after spewing out 4-5 eggs you can easily catch most of his army.

    The skill required from the Terran to split perfectly while avoid blings, Ultras and the fungals is vastly greater then what is required from a Zerg to press F and aim a bit behind the Terran army.

    You did read the part where I said I play Zerg? In masters, fairly high masters as well.

    Throwing out 4-5 infested Terrans and pressing F and click a bit behind the Terran army requires skills? No and I do count it as A-move. If you count that as proper micro you might as well count mine burrowing as micro. Please don't compare that to stutter step and splitting micro.

  7. #2347
    Brewmaster Jess Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Farmer Land UK; Prev Los Angeles, CA.
    Posts
    1,374
    I feel like this is going to a pointless exercise because you clearly aren't going to accept Zerg has actually evolved to require any level of micro now but whatever.
    If the bio is close to the mines they will get fungaled that is why you need only a few eggs to take them out
    I feel like this is going to a pointless exercise because you clearly aren't going to accept Zerg has actually evolved to require any level of micro now but whatever.

    If the bio is close to the mines it is also close to where you have to put the eggs. Put the eggs too close and those mines dont get a chance to waste themselves on the eggs because they're already dead.

    If you cannot predict where a stutter stepping Terran is going you are terrible.
    Are you just trying to be overly aggressive for the sake of it? You can SEE where the terran is when dropping the eggs. Doesn#t make it harder to get it within mine radius and outside of your firing line. It is not a large gap. Try it yourself.

    No it isn't hard to aim, you need 5-6 infestors and you fungal behind them because they can't go forward because there is blings coming in from the front.
    Maybe in lower leagues the Zerg is going around with his banelings in the front of his army while trying to clear a minefield, but no one on the pro scene is, and they certainly aren't on the cusp of grandmasters.

    Even if he splits perfectly, while stutter stepping, with 5-6 infestors, even after spewing out 4-5 eggs you can easily catch most of his army.
    Have you even tried landing a fungal on a pack of stimmed marines yet? Hardly. If it was as easy as you claimed, life clearly wouldn't be missing 60% of his fungals, and that's on a good day.

    You did read the part where I said I play Zerg? In masters, fairly high masters as well.
    No sorry, i don't believe you. Unless you're some secret pro that none of us have heard of with the sole opinion infestors are overpowered. Because not even the people with the best control in the world think its easy to land fungals right now. It's challenging to land, and that makes it a good ability, and perfect in its current state. But, of course, feel free to tell Leenock, Life, RoRo, Soulkey, that fungal is actually very easy to use, and Infestors are 2 clicks.

    Throwing out 4-5 infested Terrans and pressing F and click a bit behind the Terran army requires skills? No and I do count it as A-move. If you count that as proper micro you might as well count mine burrowing as micro. Please don't compare that to stutter step and splitting micro.
    This is where i completely lose any sort of belief that you are a High masters Zerg. If you were you'd have had to perform the same marine splits with banelings to avoid wasting them, boxing small groups of zerglings, and then taking individual lings out at small intervals to detonate minefields, while still posturing your main army.
    Stutter step, is widely known by everyone, to be very easy to perform, but gets more complex when splitting is involved.
    Trying to split a huge bio ball while trying to stutter step as much as possible to not lose the majority of your stuff to banelings and ultras, yes this is intensive. And yes it can be more intensive than a Zerg piling into you, but the intensity of this micro is at a different time.
    The Zerg's micro intensive portion of the fight comes before the full on engagement, while he moving his force behind the minefield, looking for potential flank opportunities, detonating mines, choosing the correct time to fire a fungal etc. The terran micro comes after the fight starts. Sure you can marine split beforehand, but you have plenty of time to do is, as you say "pressing f and t".

    Lastly. This thread is mostly civil. We discuss balance without calling people bad and throwing out insults. If you want to do that i hear /r/starcraft can accommodate you if you don't want any Karma.

  8. #2348
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    13,373
    Using infestors to easily catch marines died when Fungal Growth became a non instant projectile and babies came out of the womb faster than that thing travels. Zerg just requires a different kind of micro now. Before it was to aid the surround and fungals were easier to land. Nowadays the surround is easier to get due to better AI and the fungals are tougher. To play stuff really well was and is hard, just in a different way. Some people still find some bits easier/harder than others, you can't just sweep it and say "this is hard, this is easy, the end". Not quite at least.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-05-07 at 11:32 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

  9. #2349
    I am Murloc! -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ♫ ♪ d(Θ.Θ)b ♪ ♫
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    Infestors are micro intensive? You need precise aim? Are you kidding me?

    If the bio is close to the mines they will get fungaled that is why you need only a few eggs to take them out and the bio ball can do nothing about it. If you cannot predict where a stutter stepping Terran is going you are terrible. No it isn't hard to aim, you need 5-6 infestors and you fungal behind them because they can't go forward because there is blings coming in from the front. Even if he splits perfectly, while stutter stepping, with 5-6 infestors, even after spewing out 4-5 eggs you can easily catch most of his army.

    The skill required from the Terran to split perfectly while avoid blings, Ultras and the fungals is vastly greater then what is required from a Zerg to press F and aim a bit behind the Terran army.

    You did read the part where I said I play Zerg? In masters, fairly high masters as well.

    Throwing out 4-5 infested Terrans and pressing F and click a bit behind the Terran army requires skills? No and I do count it as A-move. If you count that as proper micro you might as well count mine burrowing as micro. Please don't compare that to stutter step and splitting micro.
    Infestors waddle more slowly and awkwardly than a walrus with no flippers. They fungal slower than a mentally handicapped child throwing a softball. Infested Terran can be killed easily since they have no upgrades. Yes, using an Infestor actually takes micro.



  10. #2350
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    You're welcome. The people in this thread are all very nice to discuss with, I've found. (Except for the occasional spammer/troll/flamer, but those get banned right away.)

    Do tell if you do get it.
    Thank you, I'll get it, though I intend to just play the Campaign for now, I've never been good in RTS.
    For some reason I can't get better at it, it seems.

    Now, if only blizzard's page wasn't bugged for me I'd already have bought it -.-

  11. #2351
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    13,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Thank you, I'll get it, though I intend to just play the Campaign for now, I've never been good in RTS.
    For some reason I can't get better at it, it seems.

    Now, if only blizzard's page wasn't bugged for me I'd already have bought it -.-
    Is all about practice - at first I didn't want to watch pro games as I thought that was too nerdy, then I remembered I play WoW and SC. After that my ability skyrocketed. Also, if you stick around on this thread you'll find plenty of people to practice against/with.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

  12. #2352
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Is all about practice - at first I didn't want to watch pro games as I thought that was too nerdy, then I remembered I play WoW and SC. After that my ability skyrocketed. Also, if you stick around on this thread you'll find plenty of people to practice against/with.
    Yeah, that'd be nice. I don't really have any friends to play SC with so that's why it's hard to practice.

    Do you have any suggestion for a youtube channel I could check on strategies or tips on how to be a better SC2 player?

  13. #2353
    Fluffy Kitten Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PvP forums
    Posts
    2,239
    Apollo starts his series again the 10th of May, can't get much better than that. Will provide a link when I'm no longer on the phone.

    I say Apollo also because I have no idea which race you wanna play, Tyrael. Apollo goes through all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  14. #2354
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Apollo starts his series again the 10th of May, can't get much better than that. Will provide a link when I'm no longer on the phone.

    I say Apollo also because I have no idea which race you wanna play, Tyrael. Apollo goes through all.
    I like Terrans the most, but I'm open to all, really.

    I guess starting out with an ''easy one'' (if there even is such a thing) would be better. But I'd like to roll with Terrans.
    Thank you for the suggestion, I'll check later again to see if you posted the link !

    Gonna sleep now, talk to y'all later.

  15. #2355
    Fluffy Kitten Wass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PvP forums
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I like Terrans the most, but I'm open to all, really.

    I guess starting out with an ''easy one'' (if there even is such a thing) would be better. But I'd like to roll with Terrans.
    Thank you for the suggestion, I'll check later again to see if you posted the link !

    Gonna sleep now, talk to y'all later.
    Terran or Protoss for new players. Zerg mechanics are harder to understand right away and execute well (as a new player, I don't have any problems with it personally). No particular race is "easier" though once you get up to a certain level of the game. They are all hard in a way.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/dignitas...?feature=watch <-- Apollo's Youtube

    You have odd sleeping patterns for a German, Tyrael.

    Speaking of Germany, I'm going down to Germany today myself, I'll bring my laptop with me while staying at my dad but I probably won't be on too much for a couple of days. But knowing me I'll probably lurk here at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

  16. #2356
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,045
    I haven't seen any zerg building infestors in gold and lower league. I remember one game against plat zerg who had blings, infestors and ultras against my immortal, zealot, carriers and i want to say that baiting fungals is not that hard, they fly so slow.
    It was fun to see how he tried to fungal my zealots and BAM half of them retreats and half of them charges into blings.

    And i wonder, what happens when you destroy rocks and they fall on units/structures? Like rocks on akilon wastes in the middle of the map
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-05-08 at 06:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  17. #2357
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And i wonder, what happens when you destroy rocks and they fall on units/structures? Like rocks on akilon wastes in the middle of the map
    They do large damage to buildings, not sure about units though.

  18. #2358
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    13,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    They do large damage to buildings, not sure about units though.
    I was under the impression they do 500 damage to everything they hit.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 12:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Yeah, that'd be nice. I don't really have any friends to play SC with so that's why it's hard to practice.

    Do you have any suggestion for a youtube channel I could check on strategies or tips on how to be a better SC2 player?
    I wouldn't suggest watching training channels but rather pro games and then relate them to liquipedia builds. From then on, try to emulate them and when they scout something, do the same. Wouldn't bother with some of the silly intensive micro used to harass though, that'll come naturally over time.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

  19. #2359
    Yeah it makes sense it would damage units, I've only hit buildings so couldn't say fo' sho'

  20. #2360
    What tactics do you guys use ZT vs TT/PT 2v2 play? I play zerg and my friend plays terran. We try to open with a rush to take out some workers, and then we just army up after the first rush.

    But most of the times when we meet TT, we just get steamrolled no matter what (Thor, MMM, tanks, and the whole shebang). What should we do in this case? Usually we're in front with economy (I am with 3-4 expos, my friend barely gets his 2nd cc up and running). Unit composition etc would be awesome (harass tactics aswell).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •