Talking [10] Ragnaros HC - Locks/Mages/Shamans/Paladins during molten seed phase.

Hey, my guild recently started with Ragnaros HC. We have been struggling a bit with the molten seeds, AOE damage on elementals mostly.

Raid Setup:

1x Prot Warrior
    1x Blood DK

1X Disci Priest
    1x Holy Paladin

1x Shadow Priest
    1x Warlock (Not sure about the spec)
    1x Arcane Mage
    1x Combat Rogue
    1x Feral Druid
    1x Elemental Shaman (Healer normally)

I have read in some of the threads about having the warlocks using Teleport and Mages using Blink etc. during the seed phase.

I am just not sure what exactly the lock and mage must do and when. I just wondering if someone could perhaps explain how the tactic exactly works, i.e. when must what be done and how. A video of it in action would be awesome.

Additionally, does the whole Shaman ground totem theory work?

Also, what spell must the paladin use it avoid having a seed spawn?

Thank you in advance for the replies.
    Last edited by snorecb; 2011-10-05 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    Are you making the most of your Raid healing CDs? Cos tbh I would have thought a good rotation would see you though.

You have PW Barrier (3minCD) and Aura Mastery 2MinCD as well as Rallying Cry (3 min CD)

First set use Aura, Second use PW:B and on third have Rallying Cry and the Feral pop Tranquility to help a little.

That should see you through. Hopefully others will know of this tactic but I have not heard not needed it.

EDIT : Also l;ooking at your comp and assuming you are not scraping the bottom of the barrel DPS wise you have for use on short CDs. Barkskin -feral, CoS and Feint (50% reduction) Rogue - Mana Shield - Mage (DPS increase as well) - Shadow Priest disperse thingy.
    You casically have a great comp for reducing incoming damage. So it should not be an issue if people do there own job of minimising damage incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by snorecb View Post
    Hey, my guild recently started with Ragnaros HC. We have been struggling a bit with the molten seeds, AOE damage on elementals mostly.

Raid Setup:

1x Prot Warrior
    1x Blood DK

1X Disci Priest
    1x Holy Paladin

1x Shadow Priest
    1x Warlock (Not sure about the spec)
    1x Arcane Mage
    1x Combat Rogue
    1x Feral Druid
    1x Elemental Shaman (Healer normally)

I have read in some of the threads about having the warlocks using Teleport and Mages using Blink etc. during the seed phase.

I am just not sure what exactly the lock and mage must do and when. I just wondering if someone could perhaps explain how the tactic exactly works, i.e. when must what be done and how. A video of it in action would be awesome.

Additionally, does the whole Shaman ground totem theory work?

Also, what spell must the paladin use it avoid having a seed spawn?

Thank you in advance for the replies.
    Last edited by mmoc385c286419; 2011-10-05 at 10:59 AM.

The way the aoe strat works, as I understand it, with a mage/lock, is that you have 8 or 9 people standing in one spot, then moving as a unit to stack all the elementals up. What you do with the mage and the lock is have them stand some distance away from the group. When the elementals spawn, they blink/tele away from the seed that landed on top of them and toward the clumped up 8 or 9 meteors, and aoe away. If done properly, with enough dps, the 8 or 9 elementals will die before the elemental that spawned outside the raid group reached the lock/mage aoeing, then they just single target it down.

Thanks for all the replies.

Going to try the strat out. Was our first night of attempts last night, so still early days.

Just one more question, if the lock and mage AOE the elementals, should they die before the seeds explode or after?

Just wondering because of the AOE damage caused by the seeds when they explode.

And if you kill them before the seeds explode, will the seed still cause AOE damage even if the elemental is dead?
    Last edited by snorecb; 2011-10-05 at 11:47 AM.

You can't attack them before they explode.

1st, have your warlock go demo. 2nd, the seeds will be really easy if your feral does NOT stack with the rest, and then swipe all the adds meanwhile the shadowpriest is mind searing the warlocks pet (which should be positioned next to the seeds). After the explosion, just have any quick aoe you can put out and then spread out to finish them off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snorecb View Post
    Thanks for all the replies.

Going to try the strat out. Was our first night of attempts last night, so still early days.

Just one more question, if the lock and mage AOE the elementals, should they die before the seeds explode or after?

Just wondering because of the AOE damage caused by the seeds when they explode.

And if you kill them before the seeds explode, will the seed still cause AOE damage even if the elemental is dead?
    And YOU do heroic rag?

Dear god...