Thread: Leveling spec?

10+ Year Old Account

Leveling spec?

Hello out there !

I'm about to start lvling a warlock, and I'm wondering which spec is the fastest lvling spec (according to you). I have always the warlock specs, definately destruction :P

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Depends, if you gonna play dungeons or solo questing ... But from my experience it could be Destruction, especialy at lower levels: Faster for killing mobs one by one and ofc the best for dungeons becouse of AOE. You get your first aoe as Affl or Demo at lvl ... 60 + as i remember correct, while you get Rain of Fire at lvl 18, which is main aoe for destro. You don't have a time to put all 3 dots on elite mobs in dungeons, simply becouse they die extremely fast (before second tick usualy ). So forget about Afliction for dungeons before lvl 70. Is only good for killing bosses.
    Also non of 3 specs is realy great for leveling at lower levels. You get your filler as destro or demo after level 64 what is compeltely weird :P
    Affliction could also be very useful if you run through and DoT up everything ...
    I don't know how useful is demo, but it could be effective if you like pet tanking.
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2011-10-05 at 10:22 AM.

Me and a guildy decided to level new characters a few days ago. He picked rogue and I picked Warlock, and I learned one thing

Warlock leveling is abysmal. I'm currently level 45ish and i'm a utter waste to most groups in dungeons and FORGET about doing battlegrounds. If I go affliction, most dots will tick between 50-100 and shadow bolt (2.9 second cast) will hit for 200, whilst my rogue friends hemo hits for 400, ambush hits for 800, and melee attacks hit for between 150-250. In most cases, my fel puppy will do more damage than I do on a single target.

Now I don't expect leveling to be completely balanced but for the love of god, every single class is doing 3-4x my dps. In a bg I was Lava Bursted for 1009, while my drain life ticked for 38. THIRTY EIGHT at level 45.

So what about demo? The felguard is a joke, hit main attack hits for less than the voidwalkers, shadow bolt is weaker and still as slow, dots dont tick as hard, and for some reason I get Molten core at level 40, but I don't get incinerate until 64? What kind of design is that? I don't expect to just roflstomp everything in my path but I do expect to be competitive, especially in full BoA gear.

Mages, rogues, Warriors, shamans, hunters, shadow priests, ret paladins and even most tanks are able to out dps me. Its extremely frustrating to do your rotation perfectly (or as perfectly as you can without some main abilities) and put out dps thats equal to an auto attacking afk rogue.

IMO, bane should be worked into the talent specializations, dot damage should scale quicker, and incinerate should be available much much much earlier, perhaps around level 24 or so, or swapped with Eye of Kilrogg..

I havent done much with destro, will perhaps switch to it again tonight to see if thats better now that I have some more vital talents available.

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    Me and a guildy decided to level new characters a few days ago. He picked rogue and I picked Warlock, and I learned one thing

Warlock leveling is abysmal. I'm currently level 45ish and i'm a utter waste to most groups in dungeons and FORGET about doing battlegrounds. If I go affliction, most dots will tick between 50-100 and shadow bolt (2.9 second cast) will hit for 200, whilst my rogue friends hemo hits for 400, ambush hits for 800, and melee attacks hit for between 150-250. In most cases, my fel puppy will do more damage than I do on a single target.

Now I don't expect leveling to be completely balanced but for the love of god, every single class is doing 3-4x my dps. In a bg I was Lava Bursted for 1009, while my drain life ticked for 38. THIRTY EIGHT at level 45.

So what about demo? The felguard is a joke, hit main attack hits for less than the voidwalkers, shadow bolt is weaker and still as slow, dots dont tick as hard, and for some reason I get Molten core at level 40, but I don't get incinerate until 64? What kind of design is that? I don't expect to just roflstomp everything in my path but I do expect to be competitive, especially in full BoA gear.

Mages, rogues, Warriors, shamans, hunters, shadow priests, ret paladins and even most tanks are able to out dps me. Its extremely frustrating to do your rotation perfectly (or as perfectly as you can without some main abilities) and put out dps thats equal to an auto attacking afk rogue.

IMO, bane should be worked into the talent specializations, dot damage should scale quicker, and incinerate should be available much much much earlier, perhaps around level 24 or so, or swapped with Eye of Kilrogg..

I havent done much with destro, will perhaps switch to it again tonight to see if thats better now that I have some more vital talents available.

Anyone else agree/disagree?
    You are doing it VERY wrong then XD

Pick a lock spec and use it to lvl. Doesnt matter because locks are tanky as hell and you can just dot everything and life drain till dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya1232 View Post
    You are doing it VERY wrong then XD

Pick a lock spec and use it to lvl. Doesnt matter because locks are tanky as hell and you can just dot everything and life drain till dead.
    The thing is im not doing anything wrong. The best thing about Affliction is the survivability. For leveling I just run into a zone, UA/Corruption everything I see and never even get close to dying, even when pulling 10+ mobs. But in a dungeon setting on a single target boss I can not come anywhere near anyone elses damage. My dots ticks are far too weak and my Shadowbolts are amazingly slow and unimpressive to do any kind of competitive damage (Me and my guildy are competitive with everything, every single target fight its who can do more damage) and I feel that shouldn't be, especially when I'm fully BoA'd out.

Like I said, I don't expect insane overpowered damage, but I do expect something more than what im getting.